CPS investigates "unsocialized" homeschoolers

The Rudner Study was at the time the largest study on home school, private and public school results, it revealed home schooled children out perform both private and public school students on test scores

it was essentially an advocacy group drawing volunteers not from a cross-section of homeschoolers...but on their voluntary participation.

yeah, very reliable. :rolleyes:

There are plenty more. This one actually addressed the weakness of the Rudner study and still came up with the same result

Homeschooling outcomes: How do they compare?

Achievement testing, and the results
How did these groups compare?
To find out, researchers administered a 45-minute achievement test in the children’s homes. The questions—which were borrowed from the popular Woodcock-Johnson Test of Achievement—covered seven distinct academic areas, including reading comprehension, science, and mathematics.
Overall, the structured homeschooling group performed much better than the public school group. And the margin was pretty dramatic.
In 5 of 7 test areas, (word identification, phonic decoding, science, social science, humanities) structured homeschoolers were at least one grade level ahead of public schoolers.
They were almost half a year ahead in math, and slightly, but not significantly, advanced in reading comprehension.
But this is a relatively small study. Was the homeschool advantage due to random factors?
It's unlikely.
Researchers calculated the probabilities of getting these results due to random chance alone. For science and calculation, these probabilities were 1.9% and 2.6%. For word identification, decoding, and social science, the probabilities were all below 0.07%.
Was the homeschool advantage merely the result of socioeconomic privilege? That seems rather unlikely too. Homeschoolers retained their edge even after researchers made statistical adjustments for differences in family income and mother’s education level.
And if the recruitment process selected for homeschoolers with high skill levels, we can say the same about public school students. Both groups--structured homeschoolers and public schoolers--consisted of volunteers. Both tested well above grade level.
So the implications seem clear: Canadian kids receiving structured home schooling are testing very well, and it's not merely a reflection of their parents' affluence or educational levels.

But like I said it won't matter
that study shows some homeschooled kids doing better and some doing worse than their public school counterparts.

And on average they do better

I never said ALL home schooled kids do better did I?
no, in the small sample it notes that homeschooled kids with structured lessons seemed to do better.

the others did worse.

SO what

More than half the kids in public school perform below average
And even in that small sample it was determined that it was not mere chance that the students did better

View attachment 61599
Never trust a social work and never allow them to speak with your children without you present!
not everyone has something to hide
No government agent is to be trusted.

They all have free reign to lie to you but if you lie to them it's a fucking crime

Anyone that has carte blanche to lie with impunity cannot and should not be trusted only an idiot would think otherwise

it was essentially an advocacy group drawing volunteers not from a cross-section of homeschoolers...but on their voluntary participation.

There are plenty more. This one actually addressed the weakness of the Rudner study and still came up with the same result

To find out, researchers administered a 45-minute achievement test in the children’s homes. The questions—which were borrowed from the popular Woodcock-Johnson Test of Achievement—covered seven distinct academic areas, including reading comprehension, science, and mathematics.
Overall, the structured homeschooling group performed much better than the public school group. And the margin was pretty dramatic.
In 5 of 7 test areas, (word identification, phonic decoding, science, social science, humanities) structured homeschoolers were at least one grade level ahead of public schoolers.
They were almost half a year ahead in math, and slightly, but not significantly, advanced in reading comprehension.
But this is a relatively small study. Was the homeschool advantage due to random factors?
It's unlikely.
Researchers calculated the probabilities of getting these results due to random chance alone. For science and calculation, these probabilities were 1.9% and 2.6%. For word identification, decoding, and social science, the probabilities were all below 0.07%.
Was the homeschool advantage merely the result of socioeconomic privilege? That seems rather unlikely too. Homeschoolers retained their edge even after researchers made statistical adjustments for differences in family income and mother’s education level.
And if the recruitment process selected for homeschoolers with high skill levels, we can say the same about public school students. Both groups--structured homeschoolers and public schoolers--consisted of volunteers. Both tested well above grade level.
So the implications seem clear: Canadian kids receiving structured home schooling are testing very well, and it's not merely a reflection of their parents' affluence or educational levels.

that study shows some homeschooled kids doing better and some doing worse than their public school counterparts.

no, in the small sample it notes that homeschooled kids with structured lessons seemed to do better.

the others did worse.

SO what

And even in that small sample it was determined that it was not mere chance that the students did better

obviously YOU care since you've been relying upon a "study" which is not reliable. and you seem to be simply making up whatever numbers you want to.

It's unlikely.

the others did worse.

SO what

obviously YOU care since you've been relying upon a "study" which is not reliable. and you seem to be simply making up whatever numbers you want to.

Which study is that?

I am not relying on any one study if you bothered to look at the end notes in any of my links you would see that there are multiple sources cited not just any one study

It's unlikely.

the others did worse.

SO what

i think if you really look at the statistics nearly half perform below average. nearly half above. and some are right there at the average.

View attachment 61599
Never trust a social work and never allow them to speak with your children without you present!

They all have free reign to lie to you but if you lie to them it's a fucking crime

Anyone that has carte blanche to lie with impunity cannot and should not be trusted only an idiot would think otherwise
and since nobody has that power...

View attachment 61599

Any and all government agents are allowed to lie to you but it is a crime to lie to them

It's unlikely.

the others did worse.

SO what

i think if you really look at the statistics nearly half perform below average. nearly half above. and some are right there at the average.

Well why don't you look then?

In my experience and from what I have read the performance of home schooled kids is markedly better than public school kids on standardized tests

Any and all government agents are allowed to lie to you but it is a crime to lie to them
nobody ever takes me seriously when i say i want a conspiracy button

the others did worse.

SO what

In my experience and from what I have read the performance of home schooled kids is markedly better than public school kids on standardized tests
and you attribute that to homeschooling, or more accurately to not being in public schools, because that is what you wanted to find.
it's called confirmation bias.

and you would realize that by definition of 'average' i'm right.

A lawyer should know this

the others did worse.

SO what

and you attribute that to homeschooling, or more accurately to not being in public schools, because that is what you wanted to find.

You have not given any proof that half of all home schooled children perform worse than their public school counterparts have you? ALl you do is say "I'm right"

And the results do tend to show that on average home schooled kids perform better on tests

None of you who are criticizing CPS know what you're talking about. I'm glad, actually, you don't know what some kids go through. You sure as hell don't know how CPS works; there is actually a judge and a court process involved there, as well, so don't talk about Nazi's again. I did it for 9 years, and I'm not ashamed of it. But I DO know how it works and I know that if the children are fine, CPS goes away. I don't know what was up in Sassy's story. I had only one actual cigarette-burns case in 9 years. But several reports. The majority were impetigo or scrapes called in by well meaning school staff, usually. A very simple trip to the doctor's office was all it took to clear it up. I've seen babies and toddlers shaken and beaten within an inch of their lives, toddlers who can't toddle because their drug addicted mother can't be bothered to ever take them out of the crib, I could go on and on. Lucky kids have extended family who take over when parents go off the rails. For the kids who aren't that lucky, CPS is all they got.
You are FULL OF SHIT. Dealt with the CPS criminals enough to know how they operate. Poor? Got Kids? DING DING DING! Perfect candidate for harassment and kidnapping by the CPS domestic terrorist agents! Want to stop them? Shotgun works. So does leaving the area,they have to close case then within 30 days,DO NOT let them in your home without a warrant no matter what empty threats they make,CPS is SCARED of lawyers they don't own already and the ones "working" for you are nothing more than patsies that do as CPS tells them to do and BARELY if at all put up a fight. We hired a lawyer and I ain't never seen CPS scatter like the fly's on shit that they are so fast! Very next hearing BAM hit them with new lawyer and all of a sudden they wanted to drop the asinine case. Now I keep a lawyer on retainer :)
And it's all about YOU and your fancy LAWYERS and nothing to do with kids' safety or any understanding that some kids might need protection. Not so impressive a response; certainly not scary. But carry on with your half-baked hatred of anyone who dares question your superiority.
You know what I said is the truth and you can't beat that. Sucks for you. The more dead CPS terrorist agents the better. Self defense is what its called.

View attachment 61198
What you said is not true at all.
None of you who are criticizing CPS know what you're talking about. I'm glad, actually, you don't know what some kids go through. You sure as hell don't know how CPS works; there is actually a judge and a court process involved there, as well, so don't talk about Nazi's again. I did it for 9 years, and I'm not ashamed of it. But I DO know how it works and I know that if the children are fine, CPS goes away. I don't know what was up in Sassy's story. I had only one actual cigarette-burns case in 9 years. But several reports. The majority were impetigo or scrapes called in by well meaning school staff, usually. A very simple trip to the doctor's office was all it took to clear it up. I've seen babies and toddlers shaken and beaten within an inch of their lives, toddlers who can't toddle because their drug addicted mother can't be bothered to ever take them out of the crib, I could go on and on. Lucky kids have extended family who take over when parents go off the rails. For the kids who aren't that lucky, CPS is all they got.
You are FULL OF SHIT. Dealt with the CPS criminals enough to know how they operate. Poor? Got Kids? DING DING DING! Perfect candidate for harassment and kidnapping by the CPS domestic terrorist agents! Want to stop them? Shotgun works. So does leaving the area,they have to close case then within 30 days,DO NOT let them in your home without a warrant no matter what empty threats they make,CPS is SCARED of lawyers they don't own already and the ones "working" for you are nothing more than patsies that do as CPS tells them to do and BARELY if at all put up a fight. We hired a lawyer and I ain't never seen CPS scatter like the fly's on shit that they are so fast! Very next hearing BAM hit them with new lawyer and all of a sudden they wanted to drop the asinine case. Now I keep a lawyer on retainer :)
And it's all about YOU and your fancy LAWYERS and nothing to do with kids' safety or any understanding that some kids might need protection. Not so impressive a response; certainly not scary. But carry on with your half-baked hatred of anyone who dares question your superiority.
no, it is scary. i have absolutely no doubt that Odium would reapond to a knock on his door with a gun to the face.

he thinks that's protecting his family, which makes me pity them
To be fair, it's very scary having CPS show up at your door. It always amazed me that I didn't encounter more parents like Odium. Most people with nothing to hide (1) ask a lot of questions and then (2) allow the caseworker to complete the assessment. The ones who refuse the drug test are dirty 99% of the time. The ones who refuse the polygraph shook the baby 99% of the time. The parents who refuse to cooperate are the ones that scare CPS the most, but not for the reason Odium thinks.

Anyone that agrees to take a polygraph test is too stupid to breed. Yes, it's that simple. The correct response to CPS showing up is: "Do you have a warrant? No? Then fuck off." That should be followed by a slammed door.

Good "on" who? From your statist loving tendencies I am assuming you are praising CPS harassing a family for merely homeschooling.
harassed? i don't see it
If there was no report of abuse or neglect the fucking government had no business at that house
There was a report
A bullshit report.

Since when is being so called unsocilaized even a thing to be reported?
It's not in the state where I was a CPS worker. We have lots of great homeschooling parents and they get together and do field trips and activities with other homeschooled kids, etc. There were other concerns, as well, which the cooperative parent showed CPS were unfounded and CPS closed the case. The parents here didn't need a lawyer to get those results, either, although if it made them feel more secure, that's fine.

Anyone who deals with CPS without a lawyer is a moron.

the others did worse.

SO what

You have not given any proof that half of all home schooled children perform worse than their public school counterparts have you? ALl you do is say "I'm right"

And the results do tend to show that on average home schooled kids perform better on tests
ok. why do you think that is?

You know what I said is the truth and you can't beat that. Sucks for you. The more dead CPS terrorist agents the better. Self defense is what its called.

View attachment 61198
What you said is not true at all.
no, it is scary. i have absolutely no doubt that Odium would reapond to a knock on his door with a gun to the face.

he thinks that's protecting his family, which makes me pity them
To be fair, it's very scary having CPS show up at your door. It always amazed me that I didn't encounter more parents like Odium. Most people with nothing to hide (1) ask a lot of questions and then (2) allow the caseworker to complete the assessment. The ones who refuse the drug test are dirty 99% of the time. The ones who refuse the polygraph shook the baby 99% of the time. The parents who refuse to cooperate are the ones that scare CPS the most, but not for the reason Odium thinks.

Anyone that agrees to take a polygraph test is too stupid to breed. Yes, it's that simple. The correct response to CPS showing up is: "Do you have a warrant? No? Then fuck off." That should be followed by a slammed door.
not everyone has something to hide.

and then there are those of us that will never, ever have to ask someone if they have a warrant

I'm on a school board...

And you have spent a great deal of time in schools observing this for yourself?

I have six children attending schools, of course I observe. That and you could always Google it,numerous articles on it

In other words, you have no idea what goes on in classrooms everyday.

Of course I do, look it's obvious you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and as usual you're just arguing to be arguing. I have no interest in your obvious elementary knowledge of the topic. Have a good one

It's obvious you don't. I spend all day everyday in the classroom. You are spouting talking points, and nothing more.

Still haven't mastered third grade, then? Sorry, dude, but you might have just been born stupid.

SO what

It's obvious.

One on one or small group attention will always result in better education than a single teacher trying to teach 30 kids at once especially today when teachers grade on a curve to cover up their own incompetence

It's obvious.

One on one or small group attention will always result in better education than a single teacher trying to teach 30 kids at once especially today when teachers grade on a curve to cover up their own incompetence
I'm going to ignore the 'grading on a curve' nonsense because it's nonsense.

but let's address the other. i agree that smaller class sizes are ideal. one on ome help is ideal. but the supposition is that these kids do well because they are homescooled. why would that be? would their parents not be able to tutor them if they went to a public school?

the difference seems to me to be responsible and involved parents that care about their children's education

Forum List

Back