CRAP - Schultz Leaving Starbucks™

The PROBLEM which makes further progress impossible is that your side believes half the country is racist, particularly Trump voters. That is patent bullshit! Anybody espousing that viewpoint isn't interested in reconciliation. So fuck off until then.

Political correctness is nothing but the institutionalization of utter hypocrisy. If a person is white, their every word will be scrutinized for any trace of racism, even if imaginary. If a person is black, their utter hostility and hatred towards whites will be ignored, justified and explained away.

That's not how it goes nutcase.

And just like so many other things pertaining to race whites select what they want to remember. Had Obama took a strong pro black stance they would have found some reason to impeach him, and he definitely wouldn't have gotten a second term. So many whites like these guys were the first to proclaim that Obama is the president of the United States and not just for blacks. So now they've got their white rights president and he can be the president for whites and not the United States.

And the real bitch about this is how conservative republicans/right wing run off at the mouth talking about what Obama didn't do for blacks knowing their racist asses were not about to let Obama even try.
Damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

And that's exactly why blacks, wished Obama would have actually been a pro-black President.

Republicans yelled, screamed, stomped, kicked, bitched and moaned that Obama was the most liberal thing since, well...Liberace. But he actually gave America a moderate Republican presidency two terms in a row.

Last edited:
What would you do without your crutch, Marc?

Taking responsibility for your own actions must terrify you.
You're living in a fantasy world bub. Please point out where you've seen me, or any of my fellow black brothers/sisters on this site doing any such thing.

With that said, I think you actually have it in reverse. To wit, if Obama had done one TENTH of what Trump has been and is currently doing, the Republicans would have already drawn up impeachment papers, and you would have been right there along with them in the lynch mob screaming and yelling "IMPEACH HIM! IMPEACH HIM!"

But far to many people like yourself use skin color as an excuse for bad behavior, so you continue to excuse 45's bad behavior.

Yes, we do have serious racial problems.

There are far too many people like yourself who use skin color as an excuse for bad behavior.
You're living in a fantasy world bub. Please point out where you've seen me, or any of my fellow black brothers/sisters on this site doing any such thing.

With that said, I think you actually have it in reverse. To wit, if Obama had down one TENTH of what Trump has been and is currently doing, the Republicans would have already drawn up impeachment papers, and you would have been right there along with them in the lynch mob screaming "IMPEACH! IMPEACH!"

But far to many people like yourself use skin color as an excuse for bad behavior, so you continue to excuse 45's bad behavior.

What would you do without your crutch, Marc?

Taking responsibility for your own actions must terrify you.

Whites like you should not say anything to anyone about taking responsibility.

t, if Obama had down one TENTH of what Trump has been and is currently doing, the Republicans would have already drawn up impeachment papers
If Obama had done one-tenth of what Trump has done and currently doing he would have had a successful presidency...an outstanding presidency.

The PROBLEM which makes further progress impossible is that your side believes half the country is racist, particularly Trump voters. That is patent bullshit! Anybody espousing that viewpoint isn't interested in reconciliation. So fuck off until then.

Political correctness is nothing but the institutionalization of utter hypocrisy. If a person is white, their every word will be scrutinized for any trace of racism, even if imaginary. If a person is black, their utter hostility and hatred towards whites will be ignored, justified and explained away.

CHECK YOUR QUOTES. Though I agree, I didn't write that. It was AvgGuyIA, one post down.

t, if Obama had down one TENTH of what Trump has been and is currently doing, the Republicans would have already drawn up impeachment papers
If Obama had done one-tenth of what Trump has done and currently doing he would have had a successful presidency...an outstanding presidency.

1/10th of nothing is nothing. Obama did have an outstanding presidency. So outstanding that Trump is still riding it's wave. You'll understand how fucked up Trump is in a year or so when his policies actually begin to hit.

There is no such thing as white privilege here, it's majority privilege. Same as it is for Africans in Africa.

Wrong. Especially when whites are the ones who made up the term.

CHECK YOUR QUOTES. Though I agree, I didn't write that. It was AvgGuyIA, one post down.
oops.

sorry

Life is much harder for whites like you who spend your entire life in a lie while denying reality.

I WORK hard, if that's what you mean. You might want to try it some time. If you did, you wouldn't need your blame whitey crutch.

I own my own company, I am successful at what I do, I have great employees and although I work hard, life, itself, isn't. I am quite content with it.

oops.

sorry

NP. I've done it. :laugh:

1/10th of nothing is nothing. Obama did have an outstanding presidency. So outstanding that Trump is still riding it's wave. You'll understand how fucked up Trump is in a year or so when his policies actually begin to hit.
Basically.

And I can't WAIT for his policies to hit these people in the ass.

giphy.gif

Sure! Off the top of my pointy little head:

1. An annual Presidential speech on race, in which he outlined where he perceived each end of the argument could clean their own house, where things have improved, where they have declined, what we could do during the next 12 months. Smaller speeches along the way with updates and examples of progress.

2. A twice-annual Presidential Council on Race, bringing together leaders from all American walks of life, from politics to art, from sports to entertainment. No cameras, no preening. The expectation of each Council is a list of specific areas on which we can all agree, and specific issues that still need to be addressed with ideas on how to address them, supported by both "sides".

You're welcome. Again. Meeting time, I'll answer further questions later.
Sounds good, but tell me, what do you think the Republicans would have did/said about Obama doing those things?

I want you to stop, think, and be totally honest here.
They would have hoped for the worst and mocked and minimized and pooh-poohed it every step of the way.

That's what partisans do. Look at the North Korea situation and the Democrats.

Fuck 'em. They would have looked worse with each agreement, each breakthrough.

Always amazed by how important my posts and opinions are here. And by how being pragmatic & open is perceived as "vague" by both ends.

Okay, since this is so critical for you, I have a few minutes:.
Actually Mac1958 , you're really not that important. You just happen to be one of the few sensible people on here, so you'll get engagement from me.

We have never had a President nearly as equipped as Obama to address the race issue. Why? I'm stunned that I actually have to say this, but it's because he's an intelligent, articulate, pragmatic man who knows first hand that racism still exists in this country. And I don't know if you noticed, but he's a "black guy", too..
The fact that you included this, informs me that, to you, that was an important and determining factor why Obama was so well equipped to discuss race. So do you believe that blacks are the best qualified to discuss race in America in general?

You act as if it's totally obvious to note that he was equipped due to his intelligence, but yet you seem oblivious to realize that, Obama felt hamstrung to address race as well, for the obvious reason of politics. The Republicans would, and did, take every thing he said and turned it into something evil. Like everything, and he knew that going in. Your underlying point was that he should have dealt with it more carefully. Well, he actually did, it was the Republicans that took and and lit fire to that gas. For no other reason than politics. And you know this. After all, you witnessed it. Prime example...when Obama said "Trayvon Martin could have been my son." An absolutely non-racist statement, and factual statement, as Trayvon actually looks like what a son of Obama could look like, and yet they made it the most racist thing since "Birth of A Nation." Obama KNEW they would do this, hence he was reluctant to address race. To his detriment. Blacks aren't too pleased with him that he didn't do more on this matter either, but we understand why he didn't. He only addressed it when he was forced to. Again...you know this. Or, at least SHOULD know this.

And gee, yes, there was a problem with race in this country before he became President. There is still significant racism, regardless of how well-trained right wingers are to deny it. They see racism nowhere, and the Regressive Left sees it EVERYWHERE. He had the capacity to do far more than he did to address it head on, and he chose not to, no doubt for political expediency. So not only was it a terribly wasted opportunity, but he oversaw further decay as a result..
Your use of the term "regressive" kinda gives you away, but anyway, it is what it is. No, people on the left don't see it EVERYWHERE. It's just that it's THAT prevalent. Which as a white person, experiencing white privileged, you're pretty much blind to that fact. The rest of your statement, I covered already in my previous paragraph.

Obama's presidency to me is pretty much a wash. He was handed an absolute disaster of an economy and did the right thing by standing back and letting the Fed pour $4.5 trillion into markets to stabilize the disaster. He did what he could with Dubya's disasters in the Middle East. Health care was a disappointment, as I would have much preferred opening the already-existing Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system to all. And then there was his abdication on the race issue. Overall, meh. A helluva lot better than Dubya, but meh..
Well, this thread isn't about Obama's Presidency, but it's good to note.

There you go. I hope that helps. I don't require your opinion - we appear to have a very asymmetrical little relationship here - but do what you will. You're welcome.
I think you're being a drama queen with all the "ah gee", "shouldn't it be obvious?", "asymmetrical relationship" and "always amazed by how important my posts and opinions are here" talk, just relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy the forum. We're all here to engage w/one another and share and debate our opinions. That you're complaining when this is actually occurring, is mind-boggling to put it mildly.
Well, I'm HALF white and married into a mixed race family. Is that good enough? I'm guessing not. I don't say the right stuff.

I know the rest: It's all the other tribes' fault. I get that blind, binary silliness every day from both ends here.

Always amazed by how important my posts and opinions are here. And by how being pragmatic & open is perceived as "vague" by both ends.

Okay, since this is so critical for you, I have a few minutes:.
Actually Mac1958 , you're really not that important. You just happen to be one of the few sensible people on here, so you'll get engagement from me.

We have never had a President nearly as equipped as Obama to address the race issue. Why? I'm stunned that I actually have to say this, but it's because he's an intelligent, articulate, pragmatic man who knows first hand that racism still exists in this country. And I don't know if you noticed, but he's a "black guy", too..
The fact that you included this, informs me that, to you, that was an important and determining factor why Obama was so well equipped to discuss race. So do you believe that blacks are the best qualified to discuss race in America in general?

You act as if it's totally obvious to note that he was equipped due to his intelligence, but yet you seem oblivious to realize that, Obama felt hamstrung to address race as well, for the obvious reason of politics. The Republicans would, and did, take every thing he said and turned it into something evil. Like everything, and he knew that going in. Your underlying point was that he should have dealt with it more carefully. Well, he actually did, it was the Republicans that took and and lit fire to that gas. For no other reason than politics. And you know this. After all, you witnessed it. Prime example...when Obama said "Trayvon Martin could have been my son." An absolutely non-racist statement, and factual statement, as Trayvon actually looks like what a son of Obama could look like, and yet they made it the most racist thing since "Birth of A Nation." Obama KNEW they would do this, hence he was reluctant to address race. To his detriment. Blacks aren't too pleased with him that he didn't do more on this matter either, but we understand why he didn't. He only addressed it when he was forced to. Again...you know this. Or, at least SHOULD know this.

And gee, yes, there was a problem with race in this country before he became President. There is still significant racism, regardless of how well-trained right wingers are to deny it. They see racism nowhere, and the Regressive Left sees it EVERYWHERE. He had the capacity to do far more than he did to address it head on, and he chose not to, no doubt for political expediency. So not only was it a terribly wasted opportunity, but he oversaw further decay as a result..
Your use of the term "regressive" kinda gives you away, but anyway, it is what it is. No, people on the left don't see it EVERYWHERE. It's just that it's THAT prevalent. Which as a white person, experiencing white privileged, you're pretty much blind to that fact. The rest of your statement, I covered already in my previous paragraph.

Obama's presidency to me is pretty much a wash. He was handed an absolute disaster of an economy and did the right thing by standing back and letting the Fed pour $4.5 trillion into markets to stabilize the disaster. He did what he could with Dubya's disasters in the Middle East. Health care was a disappointment, as I would have much preferred opening the already-existing Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system to all. And then there was his abdication on the race issue. Overall, meh. A helluva lot better than Dubya, but meh..
Well, this thread isn't about Obama's Presidency, but it's good to note.

There you go. I hope that helps. I don't require your opinion - we appear to have a very asymmetrical little relationship here - but do what you will. You're welcome.
I think you're being a drama queen with all the "ah gee", "shouldn't it be obvious?", "asymmetrical relationship" and "always amazed by how important my posts and opinions are here" talk, just relax, take a deep breath, and enjoy the forum. We're all here to engage w/one another and share and debate our opinions. That you're complaining when this is actually occurring, is mind-boggling to put it mildly.

And just like so many other things pertaining to race whites select what they want to remember. Had Obama took a strong pro black stance they would have found some reason to impeach him, and he definitely wouldn't have gotten a second term. So many whites like these guys were the first to proclaim that Obama is the president of the United States and not just for blacks. So now they've got their white rights president and he can be the president for whites and not the United States.

And the real bitch about this is how conservative republicans/right wing run off at the mouth talking about what Obama didn't do for blacks knowing their racist asses were not about to let Obama even try.
Obama didn't have to take a "strong pro black stance". All he had to do was take a reasonable, rational approach by challenging both sides to (1) look in the mirror and clean their own house before attacking the other and (2) open up honest, productive conversation at a cultural level with clear expectations of progress. Common ground. Cooperation. Collaboration.

No need to take sides here. Communication and honesty are the keys.

He chose to not do that, and he chose not to do it for political reasons.

Forum List

Back