CRAP - Schultz Leaving Starbucks™

He didn't help things, and in some ways he hurt things. My far bigger problem with him is that we've never had a President more equipped to address the race issue head on, not even close, and he chose to vote "present". That's a far bigger thing.

Except every time he tried to address those issues, like the Cambridge professor or Trayvon Martin, the Right wing bitched about how he was making war on cops and shit like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Howard Schultz, architect of modern Starbucks, to step down as executive chair and from the board

Well, that's a disappointment.

I was looking forward to more of his goofy and fabulous SJW antics.
Hate his guts because he actually acknowledges serious racial problems in the country huh?

I get it.

Those problems were doing quite well until the advent of Obama and his neo-Communists. The Left cannot survive without its race tool.
Well, Obama just went along, not saying much.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin."

You believe that to be a spontaneous statement?
He didn't help things.

Indeed he did not. He re-elevated racial animosity to late 1960s levels.

Now that the doors are open to every bum, drunk, addict, STD infectee, and whatnot to lounge purchase-free around the stores, use the bathrooms, etc. I’d say it’s time to get out of Dodge too.

Last edited:
CRAP - What Starbucks coffe taste like.

Hell. My 85 year old father wanted to try Starbucks so I took him to one.

He got a cup, took a taste and told me they had better coffee in WWII when they didn't have any coffee beans.

I LMAO. Guess you can figure out what Dad thought of Starbucks.

Those problems were doing quite well until the advent of Obama and his neo-Communists. The Left cannot survive without its race tool.

Well, Obama just went along, not saying much. That's bad enough, but it's the street-level Regressives who keep looking for every possible excuse to anger and divide. For political advantage, of course.

Racism remains an important issue. But the Regressives (particularly white Regressives) do everything they can to exacerbate the problem to the fullest.

"According to this argument, to discuss discrimination is to encourage black and brown folks to see themselves as perpetual targets of white racism.

...Those who bemoan the so-called victim mindset appear to believe that no one would think about racism were it not for the constant presence of liberals and leftists raising the issue. Second, the argument supposes that black and brown folk are so weak-willed that if they understood the obstacles in their way, they would crumble like cheap pie crust.

...This awareness is not due to liberals bringing it up, but rather the result of black and brown folks living with the mistreatment that stems from stereotypes and being exposed to them regularly. No, talking about racism isn’t the problem: racism itself is. To blame the conversation for the problem is like blaming your speedometer for the speeding ticket you just received.” - Tim Wise in his book 'Dear White America'

Well, Obama just went along, not saying much. That's bad enough, but it's the street-level Regressives who keep looking for every possible excuse to anger and divide. For political advantage, of course.

Racism remains an important issue. But the Regressives (particularly white Regressives) do everything they can to exacerbate the problem to the fullest.

"According to this argument, to discuss discrimination is to encourage black and brown folks to see themselves as perpetual targets of white racism.

...Those who bemoan the so-called victim mindset appear to believe that no one would think about racism were it not for the constant presence of liberals and leftists raising the issue. Second, the argument supposes that black and brown folk are so weak-willed that if they understood the obstacles in their way, they would crumble like cheap pie crust.

...This awareness is not due to liberals bringing it up, but rather the result of black and brown folks living with the mistreatment that stems from stereotypes and being exposed to them regularly. No, talking about racism isn’t the problem: racism itself is. To blame the conversation for the problem is like blaming your speedometer for the speeding ticket you just received.” - Tim Wise in his book 'Dear White America'
Of course, the way we talk about it is the key.

There's more than one way to do that.

True story.

Let's expound on your vague statements Mac1958
He didn't help things, and in some ways he hurt things.
What do you mean exactly? How were things before him? List a few examples of how he hurt things.

My far bigger problem with him is that we've never had a President more equipped to address the race issue head on, not even close, and he chose to vote "present". That's a far bigger thing.
Oh yeah? So what, in your mind, made him so equipped to address "the race issue?" I'm guessing that there was definitely a problem with race in America already, since you referred to it as "the race issue."

That's a far bigger thing. My biggest disappointment of his Presidency, by far.
So am I to gather that, other than "making things worse", Obama would have been a pretty good President then? Cite a few of these so-called disappointments that caused you to feel this way about Obama.

I really look forward to reading your response.

Let's expound on your vague statements Mac1958
He didn't help things, and in some ways he hurt things.
What do you mean exactly? How were things before him? List a few examples of how he hurt things.

My far bigger problem with him is that we've never had a President more equipped to address the race issue head on, not even close, and he chose to vote "present". That's a far bigger thing.
Oh yeah? So what, in your mind, made him so equipped to address "the race issue?" I'm guessing that there was definitely a problem with race in America already, since you referred to it as "the race issue."

That's a far bigger thing. My biggest disappointment of his Presidency, by far.
So am I to gather that, other than "making things worse", Obama would have been a pretty good President then? Cite a few of these so-called disappointments that caused you to feel this way about Obama.

I really look forward to reading your response.
Always amazed by how important my posts and opinions are here. And by how being pragmatic & open is perceived as "vague" by both ends.

Okay, since this is so critical for you, I have a few minutes:

We have never had a President nearly as equipped as Obama to address the race issue. Why? I'm stunned that I actually have to say this, but it's because he's an intelligent, articulate, pragmatic man who knows first hand that racism still exists in this country. And I don't know if you noticed, but he's a "black guy", too.

And gee, yes, there was a problem with race in this country before he became President. There is still significant racism, regardless of how well-trained right wingers are to deny it. They see racism nowhere, and the Regressive Left sees it EVERYWHERE. He had the capacity to do far more than he did to address it head on, and he chose not to, no doubt for political expediency. So not only was it a terribly wasted opportunity, but he oversaw further decay as a result.

Obama's presidency to me is pretty much a wash. He was handed an absolute disaster of an economy and did the right thing by standing back and letting the Fed pour $4.5 trillion into markets to stabilize the disaster. He did what he could with Dubya's disasters in the Middle East. Health care was a disappointment, as I would have much preferred opening the already-existing Medicare / Medicare Advantage / Medicare Supplement system to all. And then there was his abdication on the race issue. Overall, meh. A helluva lot better than Dubya, but meh.

There you go. I hope that helps. I don't require your opinion - we appear to have a very asymmetrical little relationship here - but do what you will. You're welcome.

Virtually everyone is discriminated against. Are you left handed? Problem. Have any kind of disability? Problem. Are you stupid? Problem. Too old? Problem. Would you like me to go on?

Life is full of obstacles. Many of them are unfair. So cry me a fucking river. Most Americans are dead sick of hearing about how racist and terrible we are. Has someone been mean to you in your life because of your skin color? That's sad. :( Get the fuck over yourself and man up. Plenty of people deal with worse issues than skin color. They make do.....and so should you.

****edit**** Marc, I like you and I think you're a good guy. I know my words sound harsh but The racism excuse has been beaten to death for 50 years. Yes it exists at times.....yes it is unfair, but at some point you have to just put your head down and take care of business, no matter what your personal cross may be.

Last edited:
Of course, the way we talk about it is the key.

There's more than one way to do that.

True story.
How should it be talked about? Get specific.
Sure! Off the top of my pointy little head:

1. An annual Presidential speech on race, in which he outlined where he perceived each end of the argument could clean their own house, where things have improved, where they have declined, what we could do during the next 12 months. Smaller speeches along the way with updates and examples of progress.

2. A twice-annual Presidential Council on Race, bringing together leaders from all American walks of life, from politics to art, from sports to entertainment. No cameras, no preening. The expectation of each Council is a list of specific areas on which we can all agree, and specific issues that still need to be addressed with ideas on how to address them, supported by both "sides".

You're welcome. Again. Meeting time, I'll answer further questions later.

Hate his guts because he actually acknowledges serious racial problems in the country huh?

I get it.

Well, Obama just went along, not saying much.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin."

You believe that to be a spontaneous statement?
He didn't help things.

Indeed he did not. He re-elevated racial animosity to late 1960s levels.

Bullshit.

Virtually everyone is discriminated against. Are you left handed? Problem. Have any kind of disability? Problem. Are you stupid? Problem. Too old? Problem. Would you like me to go on?

Life is full of obstacles. Many of them are unfair. So cry me a fucking river. Most Americans are dead sick of hearing about how racist and terrible we are. Has someone been mean to you in your life because of your skin color? That's sad. :( Get the fuck over yourself and man up. Plenty of people deal with worse issues than skin color. They make do.....and so should you.

Start posting laws and polices made by non whites that have deprived whites of rights and opportunity throughout US history to include today. If you cannot do that you really don't have much to say. Most Americans disagree with you. Plus we are Americans too. Understand?

****edit**** Marc, I like you and I think you're a good guy. I know my words sound harsh but The racism excuse has been beaten to death for 50 years. Yes it exists at times.....yes it is unfair, but at some point you have to just put your head down and take care of business, no matter what your personal cross may be.

There is no racism excuse.

Forum List

Back