Crazy Bernie Shakes And Stutters Against Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz won the debate against Crazy Bernie within five minutes.

Is there a link to any of this. Most of us have no idea what "debate" you're talking about.

I hate to tell Cruz, jobs, particularly those that will be important in the future... the ones that require intelligent well-educated individuals is going to go where the workforce is, not where he thinks they have the lower corporate taxes.

That Danish citizen torpedoed poor Bernie with one sentence "You want to be able to spend like Denmark without taxing like Denmark". You want free college? OK after handing over 70% of your pay, then hand over another 20% in consumption tax on the 30% you have left over. Sound good?

I think the Danish guy torpedoed Ted. He made it pretty clear Denmark has a better healthcare system and it's half the cost.

Half the cost??!? On what planet??? Also you failed to mention the lowest life expectancy in west Europe.

I get so tired of hearing that the U.S. can't have a good health care system because it is too large.

I've no doubt we can. But it isn't so easy. One important question is why does Denmark have a good system, and Cuba doesn't?

Probably because the U.S. won't do business with them.

Possibly. But it is a very important question. It is clear what Bernie thinks we should do. The Republicans however seem to be lost on this subject.

Republican leadership yes. They’re jackasses, who don’t really care or believe in what they say...but so are the Dems outside of Bernie.

That Danish citizen torpedoed poor Bernie with one sentence "You want to be able to spend like Denmark without taxing like Denmark". You want free college? OK after handing over 70% of your pay, then hand over another 20% in consumption tax on the 30% you have left over. Sound good?

I think the Danish guy torpedoed Ted. He made it pretty clear Denmark has a better healthcare system and it's half the cost.

Half the cost??!? On what planet??? Also you failed to mention the lowest life expectancy in west Europe.

Pretty sure all the Scandinavian countries are some of the happiest people on Earth, and have some of the longest life spans. Every single one of the Scandinavian countries have a longer life span than the U.S.

And most of the government funding comes from State owned oil production. Add to that the fact the country has less people than Nevada and New Mexico combined and it is pretty easy to see why they can afford what they have.

The point I was referencing was that Ted made Danish healthcare sound terrible, and then the Danish conservative guy made it clear that it is actually much better than ours and at half the cost.

Since we are the largest economy in the world, why couldn't we afford healthcare that is half the cost of what we have now?

Of course it's better, they get to use oil wealth to pay for it. Something that you ignore when you think you can apply the Danish model to our country.

But it isn't more expensive. It is half the cost of our system.

Yes, because the doctors don't have to pay exorbitant malpractice insurance costs for one. They also get to make sweetheart deals to buy drugs developed in the USA at great cost that we taxpayers pay the ultra high costs for. When their doctors are sued the loser pays so frivolous lawsuits don't happen. Etc. etc. etc. You really aren't good at this.

I get so tired of hearing that the U.S. can't have a good health care system because it is too large.

Yeah, i know. But the reality is it is factual. Even Cali had to admit it.

Democrats' single-payer health-care dream just became a nightmare
  • A new study by the California State Senate shows that single payer health care would cost more than the entire current state budget.
  • That means everything else that Californians want from their government would have to take a backseat to health care.
  • Hopefully, this report will start to make our national health care debate more economically realistic.
Op-Ed: Democrats' single-payer health-care dream just became a nightmare

And most of the government funding comes from State owned oil production. Add to that the fact the country has less people than Nevada and New Mexico combined and it is pretty easy to see why they can afford what they have.

The point I was referencing was that Ted made Danish healthcare sound terrible, and then the Danish conservative guy made it clear that it is actually much better than ours and at half the cost.

Since we are the largest economy in the world, why couldn't we afford healthcare that is half the cost of what we have now?

Of course it's better, they get to use oil wealth to pay for it. Something that you ignore when you think you can apply the Danish model to our country.

Yes, because the doctors don't have to pay exorbitant malpractice insurance costs for one. They also get to make sweetheart deals to buy drugs developed in the USA at great cost that we taxpayers pay the ultra high costs for. When their doctors are sued the loser pays so frivolous lawsuits don't happen. Etc. etc. etc. You really aren't good at this.

Bernie Sanders had a bill to get drugs at cheaper costs, and even buy them from Canada... Congress rejected it. Fuck them, they are just tools for pharmaceutical lobbyist.

Pretty sure all the Scandinavian countries are some of the happiest people on Earth, and have some of the longest life spans. Every single one of the Scandinavian countries have a longer life span than the U.S.

Then why do they commit suicide at rates higher than the "sad" countries?

"Worldwide surveys have consistently ranked the Scandinavian countries — with their generous family-leave policies, low crime, free health care, rich economies and, yes, high income taxes — as the happiest places on earth. But this happiness has always been accompanied by a paradox: the happiest countries also seem to have the highest suicide rates.

Is it the long, dark winters facing Finland and Denmark that cause the problem? Or some kind of Nordic depression gene? Or none of the above? A new study suggests the problem is not specific to Scandinavia, finding that high suicide rates accompany high rates of happiness in comparisons of U.S. states as well."

Why the Happiest States Have the Highest Suicide Rates

Bernie is a blowhard. No strength except flapping his mouth yet backs down and gives over what little control he has to someone he feels insecure to. He would make a horrible president.

I can't say how good a president he would be, but he's an entertaining debater and I think believes what he is saying. He is certainly more likable than Hillary.
He rolled over for Hillary. So....Bernie=Hillary.
He has no balls.

Bernie Sanders had a bill to get drugs at cheaper costs, and even buy them from Canada... Congress rejected it. Fuck them, they are just tools for pharmaceutical lobbyist.

I agree with you on this. Congress is bought and paid for. That's why trump is doing what he is doing. Allowing people to buy health insurance across State lines will be one of the best things any one has done to reduce costs.

Same with the Swiss. On a private and more free system than we are on. The Swiss also aren’t on the verge of governmental fiscal collapse, and their tax burden is waaay lower than ours, let alone Scandinavia. Free markets seem to work very well for them since they are consistently top 3 the happiest, healthiest, safest (despite them being issued full auto assault rifles), best educated, lowest taxed...and also have a much higher standard of living than the Scandinavian countries as well as us. I’d say they’re doing something right.

"Worldwide surveys have consistently ranked the Scandinavian countries — with their generous family-leave policies, low crime, free health care, rich economies and, yes, high income taxes — as the happiest places on earth. But this happiness has always been accompanied by a paradox: the happiest countries also seem to have the highest suicide rates.

Is it the long, dark winters facing Finland and Denmark that cause the problem? Or some kind of Nordic depression gene? Or none of the above? A new study suggests the problem is not specific to Scandinavia, finding that high suicide rates accompany high rates of happiness in comparisons of U.S. states as well."

I dunno... but why would the country have such a high life expectancy if everyone is offing themselves?

Is there a link to any of this. Most of us have no idea what "debate" you're talking about.

Well that was a good debate on this, and I am glad CNN is doing this and hopefully they'll continue to bring proposed bill debates on their news network to inform people.

While I understand trickle down economics--I don't understand the need to cut taxes when we have a 21 trillion dollar deficit. There's got to be revenue coming in to pay down the deficit. That's what being a conservative means. We cannot continue to borrow money from China.

Now if Sanders is right and Republicans plan to cut Medicade/Medicare programs, (which Cruz did not deny) to pay for a tax cut that no one needs--then what's the purpose of this bill?

It's fairly clear, that it's not the middle class that is getting a huge tax cut, it's corporations that will be getting the bulk of this cut. Cruz claiming that they'll keep jobs in this country, and won't send jobs overseas. They'll still send jobs overseas--because labor and payroll taxes are much cheaper overseas than here. And the cost of that far outweighs the savings of a 15% tax break for large corporations. As far as small business people, they are middle class--they don't fit into the bracket Cruz is talking about.

Last edited:

Well that was a good debate on this, and I am glad CNN is doing this and hopefully they'll continue to bring proposed bills on their news network to inform people.

While I understand trickle down economics--I don't understand the need to cut taxes when we have a 21 trillion dollar deficit. There's got to be revenue coming in to pay down the deficit.

Now if Sanders is right and Republicans plan to cut Medicade/Medicare programs, (which Cruz did not deny) to pay for a tax cut that no one needs--then what's the purpose of this bill?

Not sure if you noticed, Reagan cut taxes initially, but two years later he raised taxes, and then continued to raise taxes tow more times.

I dunno... but why would the country have such a high life expectancy if everyone is offing themselves?

Ask them. They are killing themselves at extremely high rates. Higher even than Japan in some years and that's hard to do. Maybe the metrics used to determine "happiness" aren't all that accurate?

Ask them. They are killing themselves at extremely high rates. Higher even than Japan in some years and that's hard to do. Maybe the metrics used to determine "happiness" aren't all that accurate?

Or it could be that suicide there is not as frowned upon as it is here?

"71% of Denmark's population is in favor of legalizing assisted suicide."

Assisted suicide - Wikipedia

Well that was a good debate on this, and I am glad CNN is doing this and hopefully they'll continue to bring proposed bills on their news network to inform people.

While I understand trickle down economics--I don't understand the need to cut taxes when we have a 21 trillion dollar deficit. There's got to be revenue coming in to pay down the deficit.

Not sure if you noticed, Reagan cut taxes initially, but two years later he raised taxes, and then continued to raise taxes tow more times.

Past Presidents--JFK, Reagan, G.W. Bush cut taxes to stimulate the economy. Today we have a fairly good economy--there's no need to cut taxes. I just don't see the sense in this. As before the middle class isn't going to get a huge tax cut, they never have. So this cut will go to large corporations on the pretense, (according to Cruz) that they'll keep jobs in this country. They won't--it will still be much cheaper to manufacture overseas than in the U.S. because of our wages and payroll taxes.

This tax cut doesn't make any sense, especially if they're having to cut billions out of Medicade/Medicare to pay for it. Did everyone forget about that 21 TRILLION dollar deficit? Did that just disappear?

Past Presidents--JFK, Reagan, G.W. Bush cut taxes to stimulate the economy. Today we have a fairly good economy--there's no need to cut taxes. I just don't see the sense in this. As before the middle class isn't going to get a huge tax cut, they never have. So this cut will go to large corporations on the pretense, (according to Cruz) that they'll keep jobs in this country. They won't it will still be much cheaper to manufacture overseas than in the U.S. because of our wages and payroll taxes.

This tax cut doesn't make any sense, especially if they're having to cut billions out of Medicade/Medicare to pay for it. Did everyone forget about that 21 TRILLION dollar deficit?

If Trump were to keep his word, he wouldn't sign off on cutting Medicaid and Medicare... But who expects him to keep his word on anything?

Forum List

Back