🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Creationism and Climate Change

Discombobulated

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2014
Everywhere, USA
Polls show that an astounding 42% of Americans literally believe in the Biblical story of creation, rejecting the science of evolution. There seems to be a very close correlation between these people and folks who deny the facts of climate change. Since they reject the undeniable scientific fundamentals of evolution how can anyone take them seriously on any issue concerning science? Why would their opinions matter?

In U.S. 42 Believe Creationist View of Human Origins

Polls show that an astounding 42% of Americans literally believe in the Biblical story of creation, rejecting the science of evolution. There seems to be a very close correlation between these people and folks who deny the facts of climate change. Since they reject the undeniable scientific fundamentals of evolution how can anyone take them seriously on any issue concerning science? Why would their opinions matter?

Liberals believe in rationality and science so they reject it, it really is that simple.

Liberals believe in rationality and science so they reject it, it really is that simple.

And yet 42% of Americans continue to believe that bronze age mythology trumps science.

And yet 42% of Americans continue to believe that bronze age mythology trumps science.
And you probably thought the Yankees were going to win the World Series?

And you probably thought the Yankees were going to win the World Series?

I wouldn't speculate on that either.

You have just proven that you deny real science when it comes to AGW..

Good luck trying to link AGW to real and actual science..

I am not so sure about that figure but the truly hard-core creationist crowd has been told to believe in the literal word of the bible or spend eternity in everlasting torment. It's not like believing in evolution or creation makes any real difference in one's everyday life so I am not as prone to fight that battle as I once was. If a persons personal belief makes them feel happy and secure then who am I to spoil that? As to climate change, I am of the opinion that it is much, much too late to avoid disaster so I am not wasting a bunch of time fighting that battle either. We are doomed to suffer the side-effects of runaway technological progress, I am just trying to concentrate on the things we have a chance to make positive change.

Hey, Bobblehead, doesn't it piss you off that you people don't go merrily along with your way of thinking?

I am not so sure about that figure but the truly hard-core creationist crowd has been told to believe in the literal word of the bible or spend eternity in everlasting torment. It's not like believing in evolution or creation makes any real difference in one's everyday life so I am not as prone to fight that battle as I once was. If a persons personal belief makes them feel happy and secure then who am I to spoil that? As to climate change, I am of the opinion that it is much, much too late to avoid disaster so I am not wasting a bunch of time fighting that battle either. We are doomed to suffer the side-effects of runaway technological progress, I am just trying to concentrate on the things we have a chance to make positive change.

And AGW religious dogma once again trumps real and actual science.

The AGW cult are the true deniers of real science..

You're probably right about that. If there is any conspiracy at all connected with global climate change it has more to do with concealing the truth about how bad things really are.

You're probably right about that. If there is any conspiracy at all connected with global climate change it has more to do with concealing the truth about how bad things really are.
Yep, the sky is falling, that's for sure.

You have just proven that you deny real science when it comes to AGW..

Good luck trying to link AGW to real and actual science..
Now Just 0.01 Percent of Climate Scientists Reject Global Warming Motherboard

Another AGW religious cult member shows how they deny real science..

10TempPast11000Yrs_lg.jpg

It is often reported that the temperature of the earth is higher the past 30 years than it has ever been in history. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been. Hundreds of research studies using ice cores, pollen sedimentation, tree rings, etc. have shown that there were dozens of periods in the past 11,000 years (the Holocene period) that earth's temperature was warmer than it is today. Earth's temperature was very much warmer at least four times during the current interglacial period.

Watch them deny real science over and over again to promote AGW religious dogma..

It is often reported that the temperature of the earth is higher the past 30 years than it has ever been in history. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been. Hundreds of research studies using ice cores, pollen sedimentation, tree rings, etc. have shown that there were dozens of periods in the past 11,000 years (the Holocene period) that earth's temperature was warmer than it is today. Earth's temperature was very much warmer at least four times during the current interglacial period.

Watch them deny real science over and over again to promote AGW religious dogma..

All meaningless for you since you have no way to put any of it into an actual context.

All meaningless for you since you have no way to put any of it into an actual context.

More proof that the AGW cult will deny real science for religious dogma..

CMIP5-90-models-global-Tsfc-vs-obs-thru-2013.png

More proof that the AGW cult will deny real science for religious dogma..

CMIP5-90-models-global-Tsfc-vs-obs-thru-2013.png

Again, meaningless for you since your knowledge of climate science is all superficial and anecdotal.

There is a definite contradiction in the evolutionists ideas. On the one hand they believe humans are an accident, an evolutionary phenomena, a quirk of nature, yet at the same time they must have an unnatural responsibility to control their environment. The army ant destroys everything in its path without concern for environment. The lion doesn't care if wildebeests are on the brink of extinction. And yet man, no different than the beast, is somehow supposed to control the consequences of what he does.

Maybe he is different than the beasts after all.

It's a very similar phenomenon to how a sizable portion of Americans believe that 21st century mythology is science.

It must be part of a vast diabolical international conspiracy of scientists and governments designed to subvert individual freedom....does that about sum it up?

Forum List

Back