Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't, so wrong. The Bible says we can know God exists based on the things he has made. You can't see it because your thinking is futile and your heart is darkened.

How is this not circular? The bible lists the things god has made, and then tells you to look at them, to find evidence of him. That is circular.

That doesn't even make sense. I think you have totally lost it now.
:lol::lol::lol:
false ! another fine example of character suicide !
claim your opponent has comprehension problems ploy,
when your ass is in a crack.
it's a classic from the I know you are but what am I school of losers.

Last edited:
An atheist is going to tell us what is or isn't a religion?

No bias there.
who the fuck is "us"
GUESS YOU'RE ILLITERATE TOO "American Atheists’ Teresa MacBain has something to say about whether or not Christianity is a religion:

I’m a former pastor, who served many churches for over 20 years. I would consider myself somewhat of an expert."

please explain how this person's knowledge of christianity becomes invalid just because they quit buying into the bullshit.
that's like saying because you're no longer a taxi driver, you've lost the ability to drive.
who's bias again?

Your analogy is as weak as your brain.

Her opinion isn't invalid, it's simply wrong.

And "us" doesn't mean you so get off your self righteous horse.
:lol::lol: this is no answer.
but sadly it's the best you could do since you have no evidence to prove she is wrong .

We are discussing science why do you want to leave this subject ?
no you're not stop dodging

Open systems and closed systems plus viruses are not science Daws ?
coming from believers like yourself in pseudoscience and deniers of fact (the bible has mistakes and errors in it)
is not science... your use of the terms: " Open systems and closed systems plus viruses" is false evidence of of your agenda ,and not science.

What do most molecular biologist possess to work in this field I posted it for you ?
you mean these thing you lack?: Common Requirements
Degree Level Ph.D.*
Degree Field Molecular biology or a related field*
Key Skills Analytical skills, communication skills, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills*
Technical Skills Operation of cloning vectors, temperature cycling chambers, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometers, volumetric pipettes**
Computer Skills Use of analytical and scientific software, graphical imaging software**

Sources: *U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, **O Net OnLine.

Step 1 - Earn a Bachelor's Degree
A molecular biologist can earn an undergraduate degree in molecular biology. In some cases, the degree may be in cell and molecular biology or exist as a concentration within a biology program. Students take science courses that include biology, chemistry, physics and genetics. Students also take lab courses, learning about proper use of equipment and experimental procedure.

Success Tip:
•Participate in research opportunities. Undergraduates can find research opportunities either through a program designated for undergraduates or by making a special request to faculty. Research at the undergraduate level can help students improve critical thinking skills and build professional skills as well as learn to implement and perform credible research.
Step 2 - Earn a Graduate Degree
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, most molecular biologists require a Ph.D. Some molecular biologists may choose to earn a master's degree prior to pursuing a Ph.D. program, but many doctoral programs accept students without a master's degree. The Ph.D. program generally lasts 4-6 years and includes advanced coursework and required research. Ph.D. candidates will likely have to pass a qualifying exam, during which they are assessed on their knowledge of molecular biology. They also have to introduce a research thesis. Ph.D. candidates have to write a dissertation based on their ongoing research and defend their theses to graduate from the program. Ph.D. programs may also include a teaching requirement.

Success Tip:
•Publish research in a peer-reviewed journal. Research that has been peer-reviewed by other scientists serves as a proof that the research method and results are credible. Graduate students can have research results published as a co-author or as a lead author on a research study. :lol::lol::lol:

Why do I hold a molecular biologist degree daws if you are correct ?
if it's not a PhD Common Requirements
Degree Level Ph.D.*
then you are not a molecular biologist

also you have not: Published research in a peer-reviewed journal (if Im' wrong post a link to the paper)
it's clear you are not a PhD

Wait, let me guess. Are you talking about your rugged man hands stimulating the mutant known as Daws? :lol:
another false and childish gay slur!

Seriously??? How is this gay if Hollie is a woman? Do you know of any guys named Hollie? Plus, when she was pressed on the other forum about her sex, she responded not "I am man". She responded, "I am of the male persuasion." So let me get this straight. If Hollie is woman who thinks she's a man and she gives you a back rub, is that gay?
another false and childish gay slur!

This my friends is a prime example of "moving the goal posts. Hawly just got owned by claiming that digital code in dna is not like binary xcomputer code so when confronted with the evidence that it is so crazily similar it can be used for digital data storage, she defaults to her repetitive arguments about the gawds, hoping no one will notice that she was WRONG, and HAS NO REBUTTAL or support for her claim DNA cannot be compared to computer code. Here it is again for those who missed it...

"A bioengineer and geneticist at Harvard’s Wyss Institute have successfully stored 5.5 petabits of data — around 700 terabytes — in a single gram of DNA, smashing the previous DNA data density record by a thousand times."

Harvard cracks DNA storage, crams 700 terabytes of data into a single gram | ExtremeTech
What desperation on the part of the Christian creationist. Having had his argument pulled out from underneath him, he continues to post and re-post the same article.

Here is the relevant question that the fundie is desperately trying to avoid answering: how does any of his cutting and pasting represent his gawds?

The evidence of our God can be seen in the heavens. Evidence of our God can be seen on this planet. Evidence of our God can be seen in humans for we are created in his image.

If that is not enough for you go here.

Eternal Productions - 101 Scientific Facts and Foreknowledge

If that is not enough for you get down on your knees and pray to him asking him to come into your life.
:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Scientific Facts and Foreknowledge is neither!
there is no corroborating evidence for those claims.
all of them have been proven to be either fictitious or intentionally misrepresented.
again it's an attempt to prove the bible by using the bible

lie! Christianity is a religion and a philosophy.
if you believe in THE CHRISTIAN GOD, JESUS ETC... you are the same religion as pat Robertson or Jim Jones and David koresh..
any difference you profess is cosmetic and false.

Nope, you are wrong 241,000 religions makes Christanity a philosophy. Every religion has their own set of doctrines and everyone of them claim to have the truth.
that's not an answer! what part of "Christianity is a religion and a philosophy." do you not understand?
must be the same willful ignorance that you use when denying other facts.

American Atheists’ Teresa MacBain has something to say about whether or not Christianity is a religion:

I’m a former pastor, who served many churches for over 20 years. I would consider myself somewhat of an expert. Trust me; Christianity is a religion by any modern definition. According to my theology professors, Christianity has been and always will be a religion. Every priest, every pastor, every Sunday School teacher, choir member, deacon, usher, and pew sitter will tell you that Christianity is a religion. So where did Mr. O’Reilly come up with this idea? Oh! I know! The tides told him.

Bill O’Reilly: ‘Christianity is Not a Religion; It’s a Philosophy’

:badgrin::clap2::clap2:

Earlier someone brought up pat robertson but like i said before pat robertson represents his religion not all of Christanity.

You stereo type daws. You try to wrap all Christians in one group and we are not one group.

This is circular reasoning.

You can't use the bible to prove the bible's claims about god.
I didn't, so wrong. The Bible says we can know God exists based on the things he has made. You can't see it because your thinking is futile and your heart is darkened.
Still using the bible to make your argument is not proof.
there is no quantifiable proof that god made anything.
you're wrong as always !

Still using your textbooks and online sites to make your arguments daws ?

who the fuck is "us"
GUESS YOU'RE ILLITERATE TOO "American Atheists’ Teresa MacBain has something to say about whether or not Christianity is a religion:

I’m a former pastor, who served many churches for over 20 years. I would consider myself somewhat of an expert."

please explain how this person's knowledge of christianity becomes invalid just because they quit buying into the bullshit.
that's like saying because you're no longer a taxi driver, you've lost the ability to drive.
who's bias again?

but sadly it's the best you could do since you have no evidence to prove she is wrong .

Before I can offer an answer there needs to be a valid question.

If you think that Teresa holds no bias then you are dumber than you look.

no you're not stop dodging

coming from believers like yourself in pseudoscience and deniers of fact (the bible has mistakes and errors in it)
is not science... your use of the terms: " Open systems and closed systems plus viruses" is false evidence of of your agenda ,and not science.

I used sources on your side of the argument. Prove what you say is accurate ?

you mean these thing you lack?: Common Requirements
Degree Level Ph.D.*
Degree Field Molecular biology or a related field*
Key Skills Analytical skills, communication skills, problem solving skills, critical thinking skills*
Technical Skills Operation of cloning vectors, temperature cycling chambers, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometers, volumetric pipettes**
Computer Skills Use of analytical and scientific software, graphical imaging software**

Sources: *U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, **O Net OnLine.

Step 1 - Earn a Bachelor's Degree
A molecular biologist can earn an undergraduate degree in molecular biology. In some cases, the degree may be in cell and molecular biology or exist as a concentration within a biology program. Students take science courses that include biology, chemistry, physics and genetics. Students also take lab courses, learning about proper use of equipment and experimental procedure.

Success Tip:
•Participate in research opportunities. Undergraduates can find research opportunities either through a program designated for undergraduates or by making a special request to faculty. Research at the undergraduate level can help students improve critical thinking skills and build professional skills as well as learn to implement and perform credible research.
Step 2 - Earn a Graduate Degree
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, most molecular biologists require a Ph.D. Some molecular biologists may choose to earn a master's degree prior to pursuing a Ph.D. program, but many doctoral programs accept students without a master's degree. The Ph.D. program generally lasts 4-6 years and includes advanced coursework and required research. Ph.D. candidates will likely have to pass a qualifying exam, during which they are assessed on their knowledge of molecular biology. They also have to introduce a research thesis. Ph.D. candidates have to write a dissertation based on their ongoing research and defend their theses to graduate from the program. Ph.D. programs may also include a teaching requirement.

Success Tip:
•Publish research in a peer-reviewed journal. Research that has been peer-reviewed by other scientists serves as a proof that the research method and results are credible. Graduate students can have research results published as a co-author or as a lead author on a research study. :lol::lol::lol:

Why do I hold a molecular biologist degree daws if you are correct ?
if it's not a PhD Common Requirements
Degree Level Ph.D.*
then you are not a molecular biologist

also you have not: Published research in a peer-reviewed journal (if Im' wrong post a link to the paper)
it's clear you are not a PhD

You are so wrong and you do not know what I hold. Once again you do not have to hold a Phd to do the work of a molecular biologist. You are simply talking out your rear again.

http://scienceblogs.com/mikethemadbiologist/2009/11/27/should-you-get-a-phd/

What desperation on the part of the Christian creationist. Having had his argument pulled out from underneath him, he continues to post and re-post the same article.

Here is the relevant question that the fundie is desperately trying to avoid answering: how does any of his cutting and pasting represent his gawds?

The evidence of our God can be seen in the heavens. Evidence of our God can be seen on this planet. Evidence of our God can be seen in humans for we are created in his image.

If that is not enough for you get down on your knees and pray to him asking him to come into your life.

all of them have been proven to be either fictitious or intentionally misrepresented.

Do you acknowledge the Bible was written thousands of years ago?

If so, then explain how the authors would know about certain things they wrote about... such as hydrothermal vents (of which geologist didn't discover unti the 1970's),that the ocean floor contains deep valleys and mountains and that the entire universe is in a state of increasing decay or entropy (Second Law of Thermodynamics).

You lie or show me someting to support your accusation.

Oh he is dumber then he looks.

If so, then explain how the authors would know about certain things they wrote about... such as hydrothermal vents (of which geologist didn't discover unti the 1970's),that the ocean floor contains deep valleys and mountains and that the entire universe is in a state of increasing decay or entropy (Second Law of Thermodynamics).
Debunked previously.

Debunked previously.

No it was never debunked.

Facts are a stubborn thing.

The Bible mentions hydrothermal vents, mountains and valleys on the ocean floor and many other things that are scientifically consistent with what we know today. And having been written thousands of years ago, you nor anyone else has explained how these men could have possibly known these things.

Don't bother responding.

I already know you will not give an intelligent explanation.

Your intellect is limited to asinine comments and insults.

Nope, you are wrong 241,000 religions makes Christanity a philosophy. Every religion has their own set of doctrines and everyone of them claim to have the truth.
that's not an answer! what part of "Christianity is a religion and a philosophy." do you not understand?
must be the same willful ignorance that you use when denying other facts.

American Atheists’ Teresa MacBain has something to say about whether or not Christianity is a religion:

I’m a former pastor, who served many churches for over 20 years. I would consider myself somewhat of an expert. Trust me; Christianity is a religion by any modern definition. According to my theology professors, Christianity has been and always will be a religion. Every priest, every pastor, every Sunday School teacher, choir member, deacon, usher, and pew sitter will tell you that Christianity is a religion. So where did Mr. O’Reilly come up with this idea? Oh! I know! The tides told him.

Bill O’Reilly: ‘Christianity is Not a Religion; It’s a Philosophy’

:badgrin::clap2::clap2:

Earlier someone brought up pat robertson but like i said before pat robertson represents his religion not all of Christanity.

You stereo type daws. You try to wrap all Christians in one group and we are not one group.
wrong as always. pat Robertson represents a sect (a part of Christianity) not another religion, He ,like yourself he also represents Christianity as a whole.
when you say another religion, by definition you're saying "not Christianity".
so you're either lying or too ignorant to know the difference.

Still using the bible to make your argument is not proof.
there is no quantifiable proof that god made anything.
you're wrong as always !

Still using your textbooks and online sites to make your arguments daws ?
you mean just like you or that I actually know how to use them?

here we go ...
it depends on what you mean by bias ?
it appears that she got rid off a several Christian biases to replace them with a more objective and rational pov.
the only people claiming that the change is bias are practioners of their own biases.
it still not an answer to my question
which still remains: please explain how this person's knowledge of christianity becomes invalid just because they quit buying into the bullshit.
who's bias again?

I used sources on your side of the argument. Prove what you say is accurate ?
already have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back