Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need to explain this to you,really ? I just gave you that evidence that Enzymes can and were programmed to perform functions.

Now who programmed them in the beginning ?

You have zero evidence that they evolved these abilities and we have evidence they can and were programmed so who is the programmer ?

You wanted evidence of the programmer you have it.

What is your evidence? That it seems too amazing to you that they could be "programmed" by purely natural means? Oh yeah. That's some evidence.

You never heard of biologically engineered Enzymes ? You wanted evidence I gave it to you now you want to move the goalposts ?

Our ability to alter enzymes by inhibiting their functioning abilities has resulted in hundreds of life saving drugs. One example is penicillin, a well-known antibiotic that can cure syphilis, pneumonia, and other illnesses. Penicillin works by bonding to the active sites of the disease-causing bacteria’s enzymes, ultimately destroying the bacteria’s ability to survive and reproduce.

What are Enzymes?

New study: genetically engineered enzyme boosts treatment for rare children’s illness

So I ask you again, who programmed them in the beginning to find and correct errors during DNA replication ?

Will you now resort to intellectual dishonesty by denying the obvious ?
Your two questions presuppose your answer. Yet, as we see with regularity, your assumptive presuppositions are absent verification. You assume your designer, programmer gawds have an active hand in designing / programming enzymes but your only supporting evidence is your standard " because I say so", claim.

So yes, I deny your obvious appeal to "because I say so" arguments.

I really need to explain this to you,really ? I just gave you that evidence that Enzymes can and were programmed to perform functions.

Now who programmed them in the beginning ?

You have zero evidence that they evolved these abilities and we have evidence they can and were programmed so who is the programmer ?

You wanted evidence of the programmer you have it.

What is your evidence? That it seems too amazing to you that they could be "programmed" by purely natural means? Oh yeah. That's some evidence.

You never heard of biologically engineered Enzymes ? You wanted evidence I gave it to you now you want to move the goalposts ?

Our ability to alter enzymes by inhibiting their functioning abilities has resulted in hundreds of life saving drugs. One example is penicillin, a well-known antibiotic that can cure syphilis, pneumonia, and other illnesses. Penicillin works by bonding to the active sites of the disease-causing bacteria’s enzymes, ultimately destroying the bacteria’s ability to survive and reproduce.

What are Enzymes?

New study: genetically engineered enzyme boosts treatment for rare children’s illness

So I ask you again, who programmed them in the beginning to find and correct errors during DNA replication ?

The question is premature. You can not start asking "Who?" until you establish "that" a programmer exists. You have not done so, so the question is non-sensical.

What are Enzymes?

The question is premature. You can not start asking "Who?" until you establish "that" a programmer exists. You have not done so, so the question is non-sensical.
he's been told that countless times but like the true willfully ignorant, zealot, nut job ,slapdick he is ,denying it is all he can do.

What are Enzymes?

he's been told that countless times but like the true willfully ignorant, zealot, nut job ,slapdick he is ,denying it is all he can do.

"Forgive them, for they know not what they do"

-anonymous

Bigot? Hardly.

You've made nonsensical, irrational statements not supported by any data and then, when that's turned around and used on you, you immediately squeal "Bigot!"

And there's nothing here for me to prove that you haven't already done is spades.

Sorry to have made you so uncomfy.

What nonsensical statements? Are you referring to my discussions on ID Theory? It not, then the only other statements I've made since you showed up are religious in nature, in which case if your comments were directed at those makes you a bigot.

"God knew when he created the earth that man would sin. But in his wisdom he also knew the glory that would come from the sacrifice of his Son to pay they debt for man's sin."

That's an irrational statement.

Pointing out that that is, indeed, an irrational statement, isn't being a 'bigot'. That, and there is no "ID theory".

Please try and refrain from attempting to reference or use words you clearly don't know.

Why don't you come back when you can actually add a logical thought to the discussion. Thanks for playing.

I can think of two. Sicklemia for those in certain environments where it is beneficial (african americans in environments containing malaria). Although this one is a double edged sword, as it poses the potential for sickle cell anemia, it does confer an advantage in fending off the disease in that environment. Don't try and tell me this isn't at all adaptive. It may not be the best example, but it does demonstrate that which you asked about. Within that environment, this would be an advantage and lead to greater survivability. Out of that environment, it is simply a burden.

A better example is the mutation that europeans underwent at around 5,000 B.C. which allowed to them digest lactase past infancy and into adulthood, and which many of us possess today. This was a result of having had domesticated animals the last 6,000 years before that (since 11,000 BC), which is the only reason we were drinking mammalian baby food from another species. As hunter-gathers, before animal domestication and the advent of agriculture (the two things which allowed us to settle down in one place and start civilization), this simply would not have happened. It is not natural for us or any species to drink what is essentially baby-food past the time when we are babies. Being "lactose intolerant" is actually the normal state for most mammals as adults. It is this mutation that allows those of european decent to metabolize lactase without issue. Therefore, it could be argued, that they could glean a larger amount of nutrients from their diet throughout their lifespan, and added another food source for them, which they could control through domestication. This would have conferred a great survival advantage, allowed them to lead longer, healthier lives, and to feed more people, creating more chance for procreation, thus passing on the mutation, which we now experience as the ability to digest lactose.

(Being a vegan, I am vehemently opposed to dairy consumption, because of the unethical nature inherent in the production process of factory farming (check out Earthlings.com | A Film by Nation Earth for the inside scoop). I ask anyone open to learning about where there food comes from to go to that website and watch the movie. Please!)

So you would deny evolution?? You body is made for meat consumption.

Yes, I would deny evolution. Evolution isn't a mind. I am not offending evolution. My reasons are purely ethical, and the claim that "my body is made for meat consumption" is not entirely accurate. We are omnivores, only after being herbivores long before. Earlier species of hominid were herbivorous, such as Lucy (Australopithecus). We came into meat at some point, and evolved to be able to eat it. Therefore, primarily, we are herbivorous. However, marketing would have you believe you need to be eating meat at every meal, which is probably the biggest cause of cancer in the modern world, especially with the amount of growth hormones and antibiotics present in animal flesh, as well as fecal matter. Try watching the movie Earthlings, if you are interested in learning the awful truth about how we treat other sentient, living beings. I realize your bible instructs you to not care about them, but you could have a little humanity. The only thing I would be dependent on meat for is B12, which I supplement. Problem solved. Go vegan.

You really do have a twisted view of the truth. It is also obvious you subscribe to liberal logic 101. I'm guessing you are pro killing of the unborn but anti fur?

since god is not mentioned in the constitution i think you're on the wrong thread.

hollowhead tried arguing this and got totally owned. God is absolutely mentioned in the constitution. Now maybe not in the context to which you are referring, but he is definitely mentioned.
sorry shit head god is not....the word "creator" is in pre amble and it's intentionally ambiguous.
So your insistence that god is, is subjective.

Wrong stupid. If I prove you wrong will you shut up and go away? Jesus is absolutely referenced in the Constitution. I minored in history dork. I know the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence but apparently you don't.

this is an argument from ignorance, again. You can't imagine how something like this system would arise, so... god or aliens did it. Breathtaking... really, it is.

That is all YOU can do is imagine. Because their is no modern occurrence of this happening anywhere in nature and no evidence of it randomly occurring in the past.

Why would there be another modern occurrence of abiogenesis? Mind, explaining this to me? You seem to think, fallaciously, that because we don't witness this, it means it never happened. Well, excuse, but that is simply stupid. The fact that there are microbes on every habitable inch of this earth, utilizing whatever organic material is around them- including amino acids and proteins, precludes the very possibility that another abiogenetic event would occur, simply because the materials needed to produce such an even would be sought after, competitively, by existing microbes. Not only are organic elements competitively sought after, but any new entrants into an ecosystem, whether foreign or abiogenetically spawned, would be seen as outsiders, and if unable to defend themselves, would be "used" by the already existing life. Most certainly, an abiogenetically spawned organism would have no ability to defend itself. Further, if such a modern event did happen, how would we be able to distinguish this from the existing life there. Perhaps it would appear to us only to be a "new species"? Life doesn't come with a timestamp on it.

Blah, blah, blah. Enough cut and pasting from Panda's Thumb. So if read your post right, you are saying that abiogenesis was a miracle.

hollowhead tried arguing this and got totally owned. God is absolutely mentioned in the constitution. Now maybe not in the context to which you are referring, but he is definitely mentioned.
sorry shit head god is not....the word "creator" is in pre amble and it's intentionally ambiguous.

Hey daws, I'll interpret and clarify what the fundie christian creationist has managed to lie and misrepresent.

My earlier statement was that "god" was not mentioned in the wording of the constitution. My fundie stalker missed the phrase "wording of the constitution", Further, my post delineated the clear intent of the Founding Fathers that no single religion be acknowledged in the wording of the constitution.

The slathering fundie, insisting on forcing his gawds into the constitution (obviously not what was intended by the Founding Fathers), claimed that a closing salutation "... in the year of our lord" (note, "god" is nowhere mentioned), contradicted my comment.

The frantic fundie still doesn't want to acknowledge his lie and further, is forced into juvenile name-calling in failed attempts to resurrect his still failed credibility.

The lie is yours. You got so owned its pathetic. You claimed God wasn't mentioned. The other poster that schooled you made no claims about the context of the mention, only that Jesus was mentioned in the Constitution. So nice try weaseling out once again LIAR.

Hey daws, I'll interpret and clarify what the fundie christian creationist has managed to lie and misrepresent.

My earlier statement was that "god" was not mentioned in the wording of the constitution. My fundie stalker missed the phrase "wording of the constitution", Further, my post delineated the clear intent of the Founding Fathers that no single religion be acknowledged in the wording of the constitution.

The slathering fundie, insisting on forcing his gawds into the constitution (obviously not what was intended by the Founding Fathers), claimed that a closing salutation "... in the year of our lord" (note, "god" is nowhere mentioned), contradicted my comment.

The frantic fundie still doesn't want to acknowledge his lie and further, is forced into juvenile name-calling in failed attempts to resurrect his still failed credibility.
thanks.
the old year of our lord ploy !

And just who is this Lord they are referring to? Well I'll be! Slap your grandma. It is sometimes referred to as AD or Addo Domini:

Wiki says: Anno Domini (AD or A.D.) and Before Christ (BC or B.C.) are designations used to label or number years used with the Julian and Gregorian calendars. This calendar era is based on the traditionally reckoned year of the conception or birth of Jesus of Nazareth, with AD counting years after the start of this epoch, and BC denoting years before the start of the epoch.

On no though, did the Founders stop there? No they did not. They took the time to write it out instead of using the Latin term just so there was no mistake. It ends with.. " In the year of OUR Lord"

Daws, consider yourself owned stupid. Jesus is mentioned in the US Constitution.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
LOL! Your utter dishonesty and scientific illiteracy is bracing, to say the least.

What penicillin does doesn't involve 'programming', in inactivates transpeptidase and hence the cell wall is destroyed.

What you're doing here is simply playing semantic games, and rather obviously trying to distract from the fact that you know nothing about the subject, or you wouldn't be attempting to falsely characterize what, in this case, penicillin does by labeling it 'programming'.

Once again.

Once again, since you're trapped in a web of your own distortions: there is no 'programming' there.

You're only interested in playing cutsie-poo semantic games, and have no real command of even rudimentary science, of you wouldn't be copying and pasting what others have written, and you'd understand why it doesn't apply to the bullshit you're trying to sell.

You actually have zero idea how penicillin works, and wallpapering others statement over that fact simply can't hide that you have zero idea about this.

I'm through with you, you scientifically illiterate tool factory. You cut & paste like a good little trained monkey, but that's about it.

Up your meds.

Hawly, have you been making up new screen names again so you can stalk me and YWC incognito? Did you go off your meds?

LOL! Your utter dishonesty and scientific illiteracy is bracing, to say the least.

What penicillin does doesn't involve 'programming', in inactivates transpeptidase and hence the cell wall is destroyed.

What you're doing here is simply playing semantic games, and rather obviously trying to distract from the fact that you know nothing about the subject, or you wouldn't be attempting to falsely characterize what, in this case, penicillin does by labeling it 'programming'.

Who engineered Enzymes in the beginning to locate and correct errors during DNA replication ?

Nobody. You are looking at this through the eyes of a theist. You need to be looking at this through the eyes of a scientist.

Scientist??? I think you mean Atheist. Or perhaps Materialist. No? Naturalist then. Your twisted worldview skews your ability to recognize real science from the pseudoscience of darwinism.

Once again.

I don't see how this demonstrates a designer at all. All you are doing is describing something. A description is not evidence.

With this little gem you just crushed all of the pseudoscience of darwinism.

in Chapter 3 of his book, Coyne turns his attention to the argument from suboptimal design. Whereas the "god-of-the-gaps" fallacy states that "evolution can't explain this; therefore god must have done it," Coyne's argument in this chapter commits a converse "evolution-of-the-gaps" fallacy: "God wouldn't have done it that way; therefore evolution must have done it." It is curious that this dichotomous mode of thinking is precisely what Darwinists like Coyne so often like to accuse ID proponents of. Much like "god-of-the-gaps" arguments, the "evolution-of-the-gaps" argument has to retreat with advances in scientific knowledge, as biologists uncover important reasons for the way these features have been designed. Furthermore, a common critique of ID is that it is unscientific because it isn't falsifiable. But, in this chapter, Coyne purports to have falsified the design hypothesis. One cannot have it both ways -- either ID is falsifiable or it isn't. By offering a critique of design as a hypothesis, Coyne implies that ID is falsifiable, and therefore that it is scientific by that criterion.

From Jerry Coyne, "Evolution-of-the-Gaps" and Other Fallacies - Evolution News & Views

What are Enzymes?

You can ask what engineered enzymes in the beginning, like most other questions evolutionist ask, but once again no answer will come by evidence only by a vivid imagination.

My question still stands since we know that Enzymes can and were programmed with functions.

Last edited:
how cute! YWC has discoverd emotocons !

You learned today evidence of the programmer, the one we call creator.

What you learned is that specious claims to your imagined gawds have been rejected as unsupported and unsupportable. Your bellicose claims are laughable in their lack of validity and your steadfast refusal to deal honestly with your lack of credibility.

Sorry but between UR and I you people are getting schooled you are just to ignorant to see it or you and your buddies are delibrately dishonest,I will say the latter.

What are Enzymes?

Why would a rational person conclude knowing that Enzymes can and are engineered conclude a naturalistic process must have done it ? How bout a little logic and reality daws.

Funny, the first cell didn't evolve :lol: they have no answer for it their copout is origins had nothing to do with evolution.

If I know what significance you place on this, then: That the particulars of the beginning of process which proceeds forward in time is not known does not mean that the particulars of the output of the process cannot be known over a period of time between the beginning and the present, to a particular degree of accuracy, and in a particular scope.

If what you were thinking when you wrote it had nothing to do with that, then nevermind. But regardless of how much you dislike it, if I know the comments you are referencing, they are meant in the sense of what is described in the preceding sentence, and in that sense the origin, while obviously not having nothing to do with what comes after, is not required to know of more recent events.

I think it is very easy to accept the belief of a designer when you look at the precision is nature. How can a rational person believe that life came from an undirected process that produced complex organic molecules from simpler inorganic molecules through chemical reactions with an undirected process.

To believe an undirected process took an enviornment filled with chaos and produced the precision in nature we can now see is a stretch of the imagination.

Thank you for admitting though that there is no known process concerning the origins of life because a few of the simpletons here easily accepted abiogenesis as a fact.

It is easy to accept, sure (If I know what you mean, and if I do, that something is easy to accept doesn't mean it's rational, or even likely. For example: Starting from nothing, i.e. if you think of a group of people who have no existing societal/familial influences, it's very easy to believe that the spirits of the dead live on in nature. But this is not rational or likely). But you can call it rational or not, and while as I'm sure everyone who's participated in this threat for very long is aware, and as you appear to reference indirectly, there are some milestone experiments done on the subject, but I daresay that what you would like is something along the lines of complete certainty, and according to that standard, it isn't known, this change between when there was no cellular matter and when there was.

But this certainly doesn't lead to any (unspecified) designer-being.

Secondly, there's nothing about the group of solutions, so to speak, which do not involve god-like beings, which would require them to be only imagined, if that's what you mean.

Thirdly, you would appear to be one who wouldn't think much of an idea if it isn't already (completely) known. But even several decades ago the infinite space of solutions to the problem had been narrowed down considerably, for it was found that all of the complex molecules that allow for life could be produced from elemental (or near enough) substances, when said substances were put under electric current. Incidentally, those elemental substances were likely the composition of the early earth's oceans.

Last edited:
What nonsensical statements? Are you referring to my discussions on ID Theory? It not, then the only other statements I've made since you showed up are religious in nature, in which case if your comments were directed at those makes you a bigot.

"God knew when he created the earth that man would sin. But in his wisdom he also knew the glory that would come from the sacrifice of his Son to pay they debt for man's sin."

That's an irrational statement.

Pointing out that that is, indeed, an irrational statement, isn't being a 'bigot'. That, and there is no "ID theory".

Please try and refrain from attempting to reference or use words you clearly don't know.

Why don't you come back when you can actually add a logical thought to the discussion. Thanks for playing.

I want you to know when I thank you for a post it is because it is a very good post. You would think by now the way these kids are getting schooled they would stay off the computer and focus on their high school teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back