🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Criminals forced Chicago cops to release suspect...blood is about to run in Chicago streets....

They aren't allowed to give orders on a whim

Remember, in a civilized society, government is the only body that can legitimately use force.

If a police officer gives you a lawful direction, he is authorized to use reasonable force to ensure your compliance with that direction.

If you don't believe the order is lawful, i.e. he is acting outside the law, you can always bring suit against the officer or the department, or make an accusation of criminal misconduct. However, that can only be done after the fact. It is up to a judge to decide if the officer's direction was legal.

Yes, and we all know how that turns out. Who is the judge going to believe, that fine upstanding officer of the law, or you you fucking scum? Of course there is always the magical fear card " I was in fear for m life" That works to justify murder all the time. No. The people don't trust policemen, and that is the policemen's fault.
Not quite so fast... Somewhat yes, somewhat no; in regard to it being the policemen’s fault... The police by, and large have a thankless job. That’s not a platitude. It’s something to be pondered. Why is the job so thankless? In part I would posit that it is because the “police” are tasked with doing so much shit, that no member of the public can be expected to be thankful for. If all they did was run around acting the “hero” perception would be much different. But in the day, to day... They run around harassing people over violations of victimless crimes. They act as ad hoc revenue generators via ticketing, and code enforcers. Shit that nearly no one appreciates, or can be expected to appreciate. They serve as agents of “the state” primarily. And as the “Hero” occasionally. But so to do most people when the need arises. As a nation, we are overly legislated, and over enforced. And that breeds nothing but distrust for the “enforcers”. Just look at the Miranda warning. Anything you say CAN and Will be used AGAINST YOU! The whole system is set founded upon an adversarial foundation. Who could expect anything other than the outcome we currently have?

Yes, cops have a hard job. I know that, and I have no desire to be a cop. I'm also aware they have legal limits to what they are allowed to do. They aren't supposed to let their mood or their prejudices govern what they do. I'm sure someone who applies for the job has that same information. If they don't think they can do that hard job, they shouldn't be cops.
I don’t disagree. Many have walked away from this line of work for just those reasons, and others to boot. Myself included.

And don’t even get me started on “plea deals”, and “jury instructions”... Our entire criminal justice system needs to be scrapped, and replace with something not only more modern, and relevant. But with something effective.

Remember, in a civilized society, government is the only body that can legitimately use force.

If a police officer gives you a lawful direction, he is authorized to use force to ensure your compliance with that direction.

If you don't believe the order is lawful, i.e. he is acting outside the law, you can always bring suit against the officer or the department, or make an accusation of criminal misconduct. However, that can only be done after the fact. It is up to a judge to decide if the officer's direction was legal.
Nonsense. One is fully permitted to use violence in defense of ones self, and even ones property, and rights in some areas. And your notion that agents of the government should “rightfully” have a monopoly on violence is absurd in a nation of “free” men.

Gun nuts cry about their constitutional right to be armed.all the time, yet a cop can kill anyone who happens to have a gun and claim fear for their life.
Every homocide should go to a trial by jury. No exceptions...

But cops killing innocent people isn't homicide. It's usually quickly deemed "justified". No further investigation. They always have that magical claim "I was in fear for my life" It's just one of the perks of the job. I;m not saying that claim isn't sometimes true, or that it is never the grounds for a justified officers shots, just that it is used too often, and rarely questioned.

Fear of the law only lasts so long before the people start fighting back. Perhaps the cops should quit depending on fear, and try to gain the respect of the crowds. That will never happen till the cops police their own numbers and get rid of cops who enjoy making people fear them.

Respect is a 2 way street.

If a police officer gives you a lawful direction, he is authorized to use reasonable force to ensure your compliance with that direction.

Yes, and we all know how that turns out. Who is the judge going to believe, that fine upstanding officer of the law, or you you fucking scum? Of course there is always the magical fear card " I was in fear for m life" That works to justify murder all the time. No. The people don't trust policemen, and that is the policemen's fault.
Not quite so fast... Somewhat yes, somewhat no; in regard to it being the policemen’s fault... The police by, and large have a thankless job. That’s not a platitude. It’s something to be pondered. Why is the job so thankless? In part I would posit that it is because the “police” are tasked with doing so much shit, that no member of the public can be expected to be thankful for. If all they did was run around acting the “hero” perception would be much different. But in the day, to day... They run around harassing people over violations of victimless crimes. They act as ad hoc revenue generators via ticketing, and code enforcers. Shit that nearly no one appreciates, or can be expected to appreciate. They serve as agents of “the state” primarily. And as the “Hero” occasionally. But so to do most people when the need arises. As a nation, we are overly legislated, and over enforced. And that breeds nothing but distrust for the “enforcers”. Just look at the Miranda warning. Anything you say CAN and Will be used AGAINST YOU! The whole system is set founded upon an adversarial foundation. Who could expect anything other than the outcome we currently have?

Yes, cops have a hard job. I know that, and I have no desire to be a cop. I'm also aware they have legal limits to what they are allowed to do. They aren't supposed to let their mood or their prejudices govern what they do. I'm sure someone who applies for the job has that same information. If they don't think they can do that hard job, they shouldn't be cops.
I don’t disagree. Many have walked away from this line of work for just those reasons, and others to boot. Myself included.

And many are still there making their own rules, and reveling in their own power. Those are the reason people don't trust cops, and certainly don't respect them.

If a police officer gives you a lawful direction, he is authorized to use force to ensure your compliance with that direction.

Nonsense. One is fully permitted to use violence in defense of ones self, and even ones property, and rights in some areas. And your notion that agents of the government should “rightfully” have a monopoly on violence is absurd in a nation of “free” men.

Gun nuts cry about their constitutional right to be armed.all the time, yet a cop can kill anyone who happens to have a gun and claim fear for their life.

But cops killing innocent people isn't homicide. It's usually quickly deemed "justified". No further investigation. They always have that magical claim "I was in fear for my life" It's just one of the perks of the job. I;m not saying that claim isn't sometimes true, or that it is never the grounds for a justified officers shots, just that it is used too often, and rarely questioned.
Which is precisely why every single homocide needs to go to a trial by jury. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Fear of the law only lasts so long before the people start fighting back. Perhaps the cops should quit depending on fear, and try to gain the respect of the crowds. That will never happen till the cops police their own numbers and get rid of cops who enjoy making people fear them.

Respect is a 2 way street.

Yes it is, and those cops lost the respect of the people long ago. Whether a cop respects a citizen has nothing to do with what he is allowed to do, and if he doesn't respect citizens as a whole, he shouldn't be a cop.

Which is precisely why every single homocide needs to go to a trial by jury. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Again. Cops usually aren't charged with homicide. If you said every single death at the hands of a cop should go to trial, I would agree with you.

And many are still there making their own rules, and reveling in their own power. Those are the reason people don't trust cops, and certainly don't respect them.

Chicago-another cop killed Saturday 3/24-another man critically wounded in ambush.

Off-duty police officer ambushed, killed in 'unprovoked' shooting: Officials

officer-shot-ht-02-jpo-190323_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

By WIL CRUZ
Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 4:12PM

A Chicago police officer who had just finished his shift was shot and killed early Saturday in an apparently random attack, officials said.

Officer John Rivera, 23, and another victim were ambushed and shot about 3:30 a.m. local time while sitting in a vehicle in the Downtown section of the city, police brass said in a news conference Saturday morning. The two shooting victims and two other people, including another off-duty police officer, had just left a nightclub, officials said.

"It's just a shame, this kid, 23 years old, had his whole life and career ahead of him, and he gets gunned down senselessly," said Eddie Johnson, the superintendent of the Chicago Police Department at an afternoon news conference.

"Right now, I'm disgusted," Johnson said.

And why should they? The police serve the “state” not “the people”. Individual officers, at their personal discretion MAY choose to do so; but by and large Leo’s are not your neighbor, not your buddy, seldom your Hero; and never your friend. “Anything YOU say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST YOU!” Does it need to be spelled out more clearly?

Again. Cops usually aren't charged with homicide. If you said every single death at the hands of a cop should go to trial, I would agree with you.
Homocide... One person kills another. Every homocide should go to trial by jury. No exceptions. How can I be more clear?

And why should they? The police serve the “state” not “the people”. Individual officers, at their personal discretion MAY choose to do so; but by and large Leo’s are not your neighbor, not your buddy, seldom your Hero; and never your friend. “Anything YOU say CAN and WILL be used AGAINST YOU!” Does it need to be spelled out more clearly?

You tell me why they should. Cops were once seen as fair, and were respected bu=y most of the people. Now, many see them as just another gang that uses a badge instead of colors to signify their gang affiliation. An entire neighborhood rose up to protect 2 citizens from what they considered to be unfair treatment by jack booted thugs. Cops have a problem of their own causing, and only cops can fix that.

You tell me why they should. Cops were once seen as fair, and were respected bu=y most of the people. Now, many see them as just another gang that uses a badge instead of colors to signify their gang affiliation. An entire neighborhood rose up to protect 2 citizens from what they considered to be unfair treatment by jack booted thugs. Cops have a problem of their own causing, and only cops can fix that.
I wouldn’t contend that they should... But guess what? Goons have their masters to please. There once was a nation “of the people, for the people, and by the people”. If these enforcers, aren’t serving the interests of you, and your people; they are serving the interests of someone else. Who? Decapitate the snake, and the body dies. How long till people dare admit to themselves that they are only as free as those who lord over them, allow them to be? Murica! Give me a fucking break...

Homocide... One person kills another. Every homocide should go to trial by jury. No exceptions. How can I be more clear?

No. Homicide is deliberate unlawful killing, not just a justifiable death.
upload_2019-3-24_12-25-41.png

View attachment 251939
Let a jury of ones “peers” IE society; decide what is “lawful”. Every death of the Jews at the hands of the Nazis was “lawful”. Forgive me if I require peer confirmation on the matter. Especially amongst those I empower to serve me...

View attachment 251939
That "definition" is woefully inadequate. Even suicide, is homicide. The word itself at root meaning is death by man. The rest is semantics, and trivialities. A jury can decide as to whether or not the act was just, or warranted.

What is learned here? The street is officially no longer afraid of the Chicago police

Good. People shouldn't be afraid of cops. We should feel like they are on our side.

Sounds like these cops are decent people and didn't want to escalate a deadly situation. They'll catch up with the perp again, in a safer setting. In the meantime, they've avoided an ugly scene.

No...the problem is the democrats who control these cities, the politicians, the judges and prosecutors, keep letting repeat, known, violent gun offenders out of jail over and over again......that is the only problem we have. It doesn't matter how many people you lock up if you let the violent gun criminals out of jail on bail, and out of prison in under 3 years...

Hey, funny thing. The British only lock up 80K people... and they have almost no gun murders... Funny, that. Same with the Japanese, the Germans, The French.

Don't lock up people unless you absolutely have to.
Don't let them have guns.

Again, not seeing what you are whining about. This is the kind of Second Amendment Solution you say you want to see against the government.

They typically do. A homicide is the illegal killing of a human being.

If an investigation shows a killing to be done legally, there is no homicide.

Funny I never thought cops were just a gang but then again most people who obey the law and mind their own business never have any interaction with th cops

Forum List

Back