🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer

It wasn't about atheists. He slammed the bigots who have misinterpreted the 1st Amendment and the timid union based educators who don't have the intelligence or the guts to support true religious freedom. I had to cheer myself when I saw him rip up his prepared speech which had to be pre-approved by the ministry of education and give a real speech. Did you notice how the row of teachers in the background had their heads down except for one woman?

The crowd was stunned.

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord's prayer - Washington Times

A South Carolina valedictorian garnered wild applause after he ripped up his pre-approved speech and delivered the Lord’s prayer at his high school graduation on Saturday.

The act was apparently in protest of the Pickens County School District’s decision to no longer include prayer at graduation ceremonies, Christian News reported. Officials said the decision was made after the district was barraged with complaints by atheist groups.

“He’s a graduate now. There’s nothing we can do about it, even if we wanted to.”

This is what it will take. It's impressive that this was done by a high school student. It will take ordinary people standing up to the religious bullying of atheists and not taking it anymore.

The Pickens County School District is wrong. The atheist groups are wrong.

Free means free. If a high school kid wants to thank what he perceives as his 'God', as he graduates, The Constitution says he's free, within the constraints of Civil Law, to do so.

Football players shouldn't be hassled over thanking a God either. Nobody should.

Not if the rest of us are to remain free to spew the bullshit that we believe in passionately whenever we feel it's appropriate.

That's what brain washing will get you. Start on them young and never let them think for themselves.

Bet his parents vote teepub all the way.

But really, who cares?

"... religious bullying of atheists ..." Although its annoying when the little bastards hit your door on Saturday morning, just keep slamming that door. You'll be okay. LOL

Shame the Devil and tell the truth.... when was the last time you had a knock on the door on a Saturday morning that you couldn't dispatch in under 2 minutes, ass-u-me-ing you weren't looking for a chat? :coffee:

That's what brain washing will get you. Start on them young and never let them think for themselves.

But really, who cares?

"... religious bullying of atheists ..." Although its annoying when the little bastards hit your door on Saturday morning, just keep slamming that door. You'll be okay. LOL

Shame the Devil and tell the truth.... when was the last time you had a knock on the door on a Saturday morning that you couldn't dispatch in under 2 minutes, ass-u-me-ing you weren't looking for a chat? :coffee:

A guy invites them in and asks if they'd like a glass of water.
They say, "Thank you. That sounds good".

He returns with the glasses and, after sitting down, he asks, "Okay, so now what do you want to talk about?"

They get a blank look on their faces....
"I don't know....we've never been this far before"
:eusa_angel:

:rofl:

Well lets see what happens at next years graduation when an atheist gets the podium and starts to inform the crowd that there is no god and Jesus was just a nice man in a robe and sandals

How would ridiculing anything be an appropriate topic of a valedictory address?

Whether I agree with him or not, under those circumstances, this average Monkey would want to hear what the little Monkey believes in.

But really, who cares?

A guy invites them in and asks if they'd like a glass of water.
They say, "Thank you. That sounds good".

He returns with the glasses and, after sitting down, he asks, "Okay, so now what do you want to talk about?"

They get a blank look on their faces....
"I don't know....we've never been this far before"
:eusa_angel:

:rofl:

My favorite trick is pointing out my Green Man by the front door and starting to chat them up about Druidism and Paganism and how the standard Christian holidays are spin offs....I find that the junior member starts getting interested and the senior member wants to beat feet.

Well lets see what happens at next years graduation when an atheist gets the podium and starts to inform the crowd that there is no god and Jesus was just a nice man in a robe and sandals

How would ridiculing anything be an appropriate topic of a valedictory address?
Whether I agree with him or not, under those circumstances, this average Monkey would want to hear what the little Monkey believes in.

(My bold)

In the case @ hand, the student had stepped out of his persona as valedictorian. He'd donned the garb of believer. That's the problem.

The only reason the school district can insist on preapproving scripts from their podium, @ their graduation ceremony, in their building (presumably), is to prevent inappropriate remarks. As their legal counsel probably advised them, under the "barrage" of requests (?), complaints (?) from atheists (really? Are there that many in the Carolinas? Good on them!) - it was unwise to throw the podium open to inspiration by the Holy Spirit, or whatever the student claimed after the fact.

That's the issue - worst comes to worst, they could have killed power to the microphone/amplifier, & killed the lights & the AC, for that matter. The school board's problem - if any students/parents drag the district to court over this question - will be for the board to prove that they did everything in their power to prevent the disruption of the graduation ceremony. From what I see here, the board failed.

Atheists, I support your right to free speech, just as I do everybody else.

You guys are acting like totalitarians if you condemn the boy.

It was his day. So take a hike, Spike.

By its very definition, faith in a religion is the opposite of thinking for one's self. That's what "faith" means.

And what was obviously "shoved down the throats" of the school district when it was barraged with complaints by atheist groups??

So, both sides of this issue should not be heard from?

Tell that to the atheists that intimidated the school district.

The crowd was stunned.

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord's prayer - Washington Times

A South Carolina valedictorian garnered wild applause after he ripped up his pre-approved speech and delivered the Lord’s prayer at his high school graduation on Saturday.

The act was apparently in protest of the Pickens County School District’s decision to no longer include prayer at graduation ceremonies, Christian News reported. Officials said the decision was made after the district was barraged with complaints by atheist groups.

“He’s a graduate now. There’s nothing we can do about it, even if we wanted to.”

This is what it will take. It's impressive that this was done by a high school student. It will take ordinary people standing up to the religious bullying of atheists and not taking it anymore.

He sounds like a stuck up, snot nosed little weasel.

The crowd was stunned.

Because....

The crowd was stunned.

Because....

I get that sense about him.

Because....

I get that sense about him.

I give the kid a thumbs up.

He had the balls that the entire school district couldn't muster. As the story goes, the district was barraged with complaints from atheist groups ergo the decision to pre-approve the speech.

School administrators are spineless bitches. I see it more as a statement against the students' overseers.

If this kid can be defined as a snot-nosed weasel for standing up to the establishment and speaking in a heartfelt manner, then I guess the same should be said for any students way back when, who spoke openly about the taboo subject of Atheism and alternative religious beliefs.

The shoe is on the other foot now. It's the Christians who are in the minority in public schools and on college campuses; and it is they who are marginalized for daring to challenge the system.

And I suppose if this student is so clearly a snot-nosed weasel, then so are the large number of people in the crowd who responded with resounding applause?

Atheists, I support your right to free speech, just as I do everybody else.

You guys are acting like totalitarians if you condemn the boy.

It was his day. So take a hike, Spike.

I have no issues as long as atheists, da Jews, Mooslims and witches can present their religious views at the same forum

I'm sure Christians would be very understanding

But really, who cares?

What's wrong with being religious? Obviously there's a lot of pressure nowadays to NOT be religious, so (if anything) the kid IS thinking for himself.

Teepub? Not sure if that's a word.

You must have missed where I wrote

WHO CARES?

But, in fact, religious nutjobs are shoving their superstitions down our throats at every turn. Everywhere you look, there are churches and tv and radio shows, tv and radio networks and yes, they even have the nerve to accost you in your own home.

And, its all tax free.

Tell me about the atheist tv, radio, churches, tax breaks and, please, tell me how often an atheist rings your doorbell, demanding money for their brain washing propaganda?

religion-is-like-a-penis-bw-480x357.jpg

Troll line edited.

It looks like YOU care....you couldn't help but reply to this post.

If this kid can be defined as a snot-nosed weasel for standing up to the establishment and speaking in a heartfelt manner, then I guess the same should be said for any students way back when, who spoke openly about the taboo subject of Atheism and alternative religious beliefs.

The shoe is on the other foot now. It's the Christians who are in the minority in public schools and on college campuses; and it is they who are marginalized for daring to challenge the system.

And I suppose if this student is so clearly a snot-nosed weasel, then so are the large number of people in the crowd who responded with resounding applause?

I would even bet that this kid is anti gay marriage, believes homosexuality is a personal choice, is anti abortion, is anti immigrant and harbors an intense dislike of Islam.

Until someone can prove me wrong on those points, I stand by them, based solely on the fact the kid recited the Lords Prayer.

Forum List

Back