🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer

I applaud the kid for having the hutzpa to do it! I live in the Bible Belt and I don't have people showing up at my door - once in a great while they will hang a little note on my door knob - and I put it in the trash. Simple.

It's not hard to change a channel or turn a radio or tv off. As for indoctrinating children - Christian parents have the right to bring up their children in a religious household just as atheist parents have the right to bring up their children in a non-religious household. Get over your hatred - live and let live so to speak.

The crowd was stunned.

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord's prayer - Washington Times

A South Carolina valedictorian garnered wild applause after he ripped up his pre-approved speech and delivered the Lord’s prayer at his high school graduation on Saturday.

The act was apparently in protest of the Pickens County School District’s decision to no longer include prayer at graduation ceremonies, Christian News reported. Officials said the decision was made after the district was barraged with complaints by atheist groups.

“He’s a graduate now. There’s nothing we can do about it, even if we wanted to.”

This is what it will take. It's impressive that this was done by a high school student. It will take ordinary people standing up to the religious bullying of atheists and not taking it anymore.

Good for him :clap2::clap2::clap2:

That's what brain washing will get you. Start on them young and never let them think for themselves.

Bet his parents vote teepub all the way.

But really, who cares?

"... religious bullying of atheists ..." Although its annoying when the little bastards hit your door on Saturday morning, just keep slamming that door. You'll be okay. LOL

What's wrong with being religious? Obviously there's a lot of pressure nowadays to NOT be religious, so (if anything) the kid IS thinking for himself.

Teepub? Not sure if that's a word.

You must have missed where I wrote

WHO CARES?

But, in fact, religious nutjobs are shoving their superstitions down our throats at every turn. Everywhere you look, there are churches and tv and radio shows, tv and radio networks and yes, they even have the nerve to accost you in your own home.

And, its all tax free.

Tell me about the atheist tv, radio, churches, tax breaks and, please, tell me how often an atheist rings your doorbell, demanding money for their brain washing propaganda?

religion-is-like-a-penis-bw-480x357.jpg

Troll line edited.

As you loons are so fond of saying....atheism isn't a religion.

Thus, no tax breaks. I has a sad.:(

And...if next year's valedictorian is an Atheist? Or a Muslim? Or a pagan?

question: where does your god tell you to pray?

when you answer that you may feel a wee bit sillie about this public pray issue.....

So the government should dictate to us where we may pray? You think it's the job of politicians and lawyers to interpret our holy books for us, and to force us to abide by their interpretation of where and when to pray?

Last edited:
And...if next year's valedictorian is an Atheist? Or a Muslim? Or a pagan?

Atheism isn't a religion, the nutwads continue to tell us.

They maintain it isn't a religion..but they expect everybody to treat them as if it is....so confusing.

I wouldn't care if a muslim or pagan were to say a prayer at graduation. Big whoop.

My common sense tells me that a prayer is appropriate at any life event...birth, death, graduation....

This is much ado over nothing. There was no rule that I can see saying the kid couldn't say a prayer. The rule is that prayer will not be a part of the ceremony....in other words, the school wasn't going to lead the students in prayer.

And they didn't. :clap:

If this kid can be defined as a snot-nosed weasel for standing up to the establishment and speaking in a heartfelt manner, then I guess the same should be said for any students way back when, who spoke openly about the taboo subject of Atheism and alternative religious beliefs.

The shoe is on the other foot now. It's the Christians who are in the minority in public schools and on college campuses; and it is they who are marginalized for daring to challenge the system.

And I suppose if this student is so clearly a snot-nosed weasel, then so are the large number of people in the crowd who responded with resounding applause?

I would even bet that this kid is anti gay marriage, believes homosexuality is a personal choice, is anti abortion, is anti immigrant and harbors an intense dislike of Islam.

Until someone can prove me wrong on those points, I stand by them, based solely on the fact the kid recited the Lords Prayer.

So, do you want a cookie?

Just by reading your post, I can tell you are a lemming progressive liberal dumbass, prove me wrong :cool:

My common sense tells me that a prayer is appropriate at any life event...birth, death, graduation....

Common sense should tell you that imposing your personal religious beliefs on others who don't share them is always inappropriate.

Common sense should tell you that imposing your personal religious beliefs on others who don't share them is always inappropriate.

These hyper-religious types don't have a whole lot of common sense.

If they did, they wouldn't be hyper-religious.

This is much ado over nothing. There was no rule that I can see saying the kid couldn't say a prayer. The rule is that prayer will not be a part of the ceremony....in other words, the school wasn't going to lead the students in prayer.

And they didn't. :clap:

Exactly right. No one employed by the school can conduct a prayer but if a kid wants to take the initiative and pray that is their right.

Forum List

Back