🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer

I love it when Christians use Jesus as a weapon.

Yeah......like during the holiday seasons welding "MERRY CHRISTMAS" like a battle axe.

Tissue?

BA2uNY6CcAA3IOS.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
If this kid can be defined as a snot-nosed weasel for standing up to the establishment and speaking in a heartfelt manner, then I guess the same should be said for any students way back when, who spoke openly about the taboo subject of Atheism and alternative religious beliefs.

The shoe is on the other foot now. It's the Christians who are in the minority in public schools and on college campuses; and it is they who are marginalized for daring to challenge the system.

And I suppose if this student is so clearly a snot-nosed weasel, then so are the large number of people in the crowd who responded with resounding applause?

I would even bet that this kid is anti gay marriage, believes homosexuality is a personal choice, is anti abortion, is anti immigrant and harbors an intense dislike of Islam.

Until someone can prove me wrong on those points, I stand by them, based solely on the fact the kid recited the Lords Prayer.

I believe every one of those things too.....and I'm not afraid to admit it. So everyone that believes these things are weasels, because they don't agree with your way of thinking.
You're a pretty sorry excuse for a human.

no he was not...he was suppose to give a speech not witness to the people....i am so sick of christians who do not read or know their bible but want to force their religion on others....simple as this.....no one stops you from praying we just dont want to be forced to hear it or be a part of it....

why is only your religious freedoms important?

If anyone didn't want to hear it there was nothing stopping them from plugging their ears or walking out. This was HIS day and freedom of speech means he has a right to say what he wants when he wants. If you don't like it, just walk away.

Hell....I turn the tv channel every time Obama's face comes on. Ya...it's THAT easy! If you don't want to listen to something, don't!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The crowd was stunned.

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord's prayer - Washington Times

A South Carolina valedictorian garnered wild applause after he ripped up his pre-approved speech and delivered the Lord’s prayer at his high school graduation on Saturday.

The act was apparently in protest of the Pickens County School District’s decision to no longer include prayer at graduation ceremonies, Christian News reported. Officials said the decision was made after the district was barraged with complaints by atheist groups.

“He’s a graduate now. There’s nothing we can do about it, even if we wanted to.”

This is what it will take. It's impressive that this was done by a high school student. It will take ordinary people standing up to the religious bullying of atheists and not taking it anymore.

ummm..... South Carolina gave us Governor Sanford (R) & Lindsey Grahm (R). The heart of "jesusland". :eusa_pray: Jesusland map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You were saying? :eusa_whistle: :clap2: The poor persecuted majority :lol:

BTW- you being a "thumper" explains your zany behavoir on this board :thup:

no he was not...he was suppose to give a speech not witness to the people....i am so sick of christians who do not read or know their bible but want to force their religion on others....simple as this.....no one stops you from praying we just dont want to be forced to hear it or be a part of it....

why is only your religious freedoms important?

If anyone didn't want to hear it there was nothing stopping them from plugging their ears or walking out. This was HIS day and freedom of speech means he has a right to say what he wants when he wants. If you don't like it, just walk away.

Hell....I turn the tv channel every time Obama's face comes on. Ya...it's THAT easy! If you don't want to listen to something, don't!

do you know the necessary ingredients for a speech? :eusa_eh: One of them is having a "receptive" audience asswipe. Once you start talking about sky pixies, in particular a certain sky pixie, you alienate a goodly portion of the audience. :thup:

That's what brain washing will get you. Start on them young and never let them think for themselves.

Bet his parents vote teepub all the way.

But really, who cares?

"... religious bullying of atheists ..." Although its annoying when the little bastards hit your door on Saturday morning, just keep slamming that door. You'll be okay. LOL

But if it was a muslim bent over on his hands and knees praying to allah in the middle of the school hallway blocking people, you'd have been standing over him guarding him from being run into because it's his right to pray.

STFU you pathetic, sickening, two faced shit stain.

If this kid can be defined as a snot-nosed weasel for standing up to the establishment and speaking in a heartfelt manner, then I guess the same should be said for any students way back when, who spoke openly about the taboo subject of Atheism and alternative religious beliefs.

The shoe is on the other foot now. It's the Christians who are in the minority in public schools and on college campuses; and it is they who are marginalized for daring to challenge the system.

And I suppose if this student is so clearly a snot-nosed weasel, then so are the large number of people in the crowd who responded with resounding applause?

I would even bet that this kid is anti gay marriage, believes homosexuality is a personal choice, is anti abortion, is anti immigrant and harbors an intense dislike of Islam.

Until someone can prove me wrong on those points, I stand by them, based solely on the fact the kid recited the Lords Prayer.

I believe every one of those things too.....and I'm not afraid to admit it. So everyone that believes these things are weasels, because they don't agree with your way of thinking.
You're a pretty sorry excuse for a human.

how christain of you :clap2: :rolleyes:

How would ridiculing anything be an appropriate topic of a valedictory address?
Whether I agree with him or not, under those circumstances, this average Monkey would want to hear what the little Monkey believes in.

The kid worked hard to become the valedictorian, the podium was his. At that moment, in that venue, nobody was using taxpayer resources to promote one religion over another. The kid was well within his rights to take a moment and mention what his faith meant to him getting through his high school years as the top student in academics.

(My bold)

No, the podium wasn't his. The right to speak - to deliver his vetted remarks to school & parents - was his. If the board of education had been sharper, they would have halted the proceedings right there, the moment the student began his prayer. Instead, they get to beggar the district & lose a v. contentious court battle - IF the dissenting students/parents care to pursue the issue.

Taxpayer resources - well, let's see - there's the building, the seating, the microphone, the podium, the PA system, convoking the graduation ceremonies, the land the school sits on, the curriculum, the personnel, the state board of education & the various state board of education departments that sweat out textbook selection, teacher prep, licensing teachers, hiring, firing, promotion - your average school district probably runs a budget of a couple $ million/yr, @ least - lot of it personnel & benefits costs, to be sure. There's a whole logistic chain that ran right off the tracks when the valedictorian felt the spirit move him.

Yah, he could have mentioned how helpful his religious life was to his academic achievement - but that's not what he did. He recited the Lord's Prayer, Protestant version. & the crowd went wild. If he did this in protest of the atheist clamor against prayer @ commencement, he's probably guaranteed that next year's graduation will go without any student speech whatsoever. & the district could still face court action, to boot. I think it's called a Pyrrhic victory ... but yep, he put a thumb in them furrin Northerner's judicial eye, awright, so it's all good ...

That's what brain washing will get you. Start on them young and never let them think for themselves.

But really, who cares?

"... religious bullying of atheists ..." Although its annoying when the little bastards hit your door on Saturday morning, just keep slamming that door. You'll be okay. LOL

But if it was a muslim bent over on his hands and knees praying to allah in the middle of the school hallway blocking people, you'd have been standing over him guarding him from being run into because it's his right to pray.

...said the welcher :thup:

But really, who cares?

...said the welcher
Well don't cry... poor little baby.

Noted you have no defense of the facts.

Last edited:

...said the welcher
Well don't cry... poor little baby.

Should Obama win, I will be the only one to keep their word and not post here again.

Pale Rider/007 has taken the bet

Conservative has taken the bet

GHook has taken the bet

Listening has taken the bet

I'm sure that many of us will be sorry to see you go... so, just for the four of you (and anyone else who wishes to self-identify)...

May you all enjoy your lives and posts on the new boards you will find...

-- Paravani

changed his name & stayed. How conservative of you welcher.....errr..... 007 :clap2: :rofl:

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with his speech. *shrug*

Children can pray in school, school simply can't promote religion. Although, I'm curious if all the reactions would be the same if he tore up his speech and started reciting something from the satanic bible....

come on all you prayers..where does your god tell you to pray?

Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.’

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

In Hypocrites, he's talking about the people that try to make the prayers out to be about THEM and not about God. They want to be seen by others as holy, but are really just out for themselves and how much they can collect from the unknowing crowds. He is not saying it's not good to say a prayer. And he is not saying we should ONLY pray in the shadows. There's many instances through the Bible where people prayed together.

you just proved bones point:

...go into your room, close the door... who sees what is done in secret

Just goes to show that the Valedictorian was simply an attn whore like our Pale Rider/007 :thup: Prolly trolling for a scholarship to one of those zany, rw, religio-colleges like Regent or Liberty :alcoholic:

Last edited:
what people who try to step on other peoples rights have to realize, that eventually the people pushed are going to start pushing back. and that is what you are seeing here. what you try to suppress will be even more in your face. look what you gun grab attempts did. gun ownership is up. people are buying up every piece of ammunition available, every reloading supply. all you are achieving is the exact opposite of what you want. and what will really add fuel to the fire is a high profile story like this getting major response. it becomes a rallying point.

you just proved bones point:

...go into your room, close the door... who sees what is done in secret

Just goes to show that the Valedictorian was simply an attn whore like our Pale Rider/007 :thup: Prolly trolling for a scholarship to one of those zany rw religio-colleges like Regent or Liberty :alcoholic:

so what you are really saying is that people like Sandra fluke, gabby giffords, cindy Sheehan and all your other progressive heroes are just attention whores too

Noomi, what you think the boy thinks does not make anyone think differently of the situation.

Don't be hateful, please. Celebrate the boy's success, huh.

But really, who cares?

Nope...it would be JUST AS INAPPROPRIATE. So, what's to stop the next valedictorian from being of a religion you DON'T approve of and doing the same thing? Precedent is now set.

Forum List

Back