Cruz: Dems the Party of KKK

They created the KKK to fight the blacks, jews, catholics and republicans...
"Now, the Democrats just accuse anyone they disagree with of being a racist.”
News
Paul Bois
cruz_27.jpg

Following Sen. Jeff Sessions' confirmation in which Democrats derided him as racist, Sen. Ted Cruz appeared on Fox News to state some truth: the "Klan was founded by a great many Democrats."

"The Democrats are the party of the Ku Klux Klan," he said on Wednesday. “You look at the most racist. You look at the Dixiecrats; they were Democrats who imposed segregation, imposed Jim Crow laws, who founded the Klan. The Klan was founded by a great many Democrats. Now, the Democrats just accuse anyone they disagree with of being a racist”

Video

Breitbart dutifully noted that "it is no coincidence that more than a hundred years of history are missing from the Democratic party’s official website."

Not that skeletons in one's closet should be the deciding factor in any argument. Every political party has them. Cruz merely points out the irony of the Democrats crying racist on their opponents when history shows they were once upon a time (and still are) harbingers of racism.

This discussion needs to continue in the mainstream. Why? Because the phony baloney excuse of the massive switch that Democrats hide behind, will be proved totally false by historians. Then, the party of racists will become the Democrats, and won't that be a hoot! See, they call up these FRINGE websites or crackpots that support their nonsense, then sit back smugly and try to make everyone disprove their unproven theories. (kinda like Climate change)

This time, if this discussion stays mainstream, it will get blown out of the water by learned people that have actual evidence. While I do not think it will be devastating for lefties, it would be worth it just for the comedic value of watching the snowflakes continue to melt, right before our very eyes-)

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam . If you want to see how I responded go to these USMB links:

#19,

These knuckle dragging RW conservatives just can't grasp the fact that liberals freed the slaves not conservatives. Conservatives OWN the KKK and all the continuing violence and suppression of civil liberties associated with them till this very day! I don't care what party they are affiliated with. In any era,racist and bigotry is the realm of conservative ideology while tolerance and respect for all of humanity is a cornerstone of liberalism.

pogo.41527
RIGHT.

There's more available too.

>> Six well-educated Confederate veterans from Pulaski, Tennessee, created the original Ku Klux Klan on December 24, 1865, during Reconstruction of the South after the Civil War. << (here)

More?

>> The original Ku Klux Klan was created in an 1865 meeting in a law office by six Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee. It was, at first, a humorous social club centering on practical jokes and hazing rituals. From 1866 to 1867, various local units began breaking up black prayer meetings and invading black homes at night to steal firearms. Some of these activities may have been modeled on previous Tennessee vigilante groups such as the Yellow Jackets and Redcaps. <<--- History of the Ku Klux Klan

More?

>> The first Klan was created by six men from Pulaski Tennessee, in the image of other secret societies of the day. The hierarchical organization with local chapters housed under a national umbressa [sic] structure.

... History and context:

The first KKK was formed in the American South at the end of the civil war, when the victorious Union government imposed a version of martial law on the south and began to enforce laws designed to end segregation against black citizens. When a constitutional amendment granted black men the right to vote in 1870, the group turned to intimidation and violence to try to halt de-segregation. << --- Terrorism: About.com

More?

>> The original Ku Klux Klan was organized by ex-Confederate elements to oppose the Reconstruction policies of the radical Republican Congress and to maintain "white supremacy." After the Civil War, when local government in the South was weak or nonexistent and there were fears of black outrages and even of an insurrection, informal vigilante organizations or armed patrols were formed in almost all communities. These were linked together in societies, such as the Men of Justice, the Pale Faces, the Constitutional Union Guards, the White Brotherhood, and the Order of the White Rose. The Ku Klux Klan was the best known of these, and in time it absorbed many of the smaller organizations. << -- Infoplease.

NOW how much would you pay?

>> The 19th-century Klan was originally organized as a social club by Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tenn., in 1866. They apparently derived the name from the Greek word kyklos, from which comes the English circle; Klan; was added for the sake of alliteration and Ku Klux Klan emerged. The organization quickly became a vehicle for Southern white underground resistance to Radical Reconstruction. Klan members sought the restoration of white supremacy through intimidation and violence aimed at the newly enfranchised black freedmen. A similar organization, the Knights of the White Camelia, began in Louisiana in 1867. << -- Encyclopedia Brittanica

Now then ---
WHERE do you see anything there about 'political parties'?

Your source?

Last edited:
Cruz Doesn't know wtf he is talking about. The KKK was created in a confederate state (Tennessee) that had not then been allowed back into the union. Democrats were United States Citizens while those who formed the KKK initially were not. Read some history and tweet Cruz to shut his ignorant face!
Awwww....kkk snowflake.....
snowfakes are WHITE just like snow flakes
Sure...sure... Klamsman.....
I'm an independent...I am neither democrat nor republican.

Thanks for the laugh.

grZAZ.gif
You're welcome... now KMA!

Their caricature of the black man continues now, as one who cannot function without government assistance.

They're racist, and too stupid to realize it.

Meaning you have no core values...neither one way or the other.
Wrong! I am a conservative Christian and an American. People like me decide elections one way or the other rather than those who always predictably vote along partisan.
lines. Without us, one party would be in power all the time.

Like I said, you have no core values. You waft back and forth depending on the way the wind blows.

Obviously the Democrat Fake News crowd won't acknowledge Cruz being correct, but he is. The Republican Party was fighting for Civil Rights while the Democratic Party was still lynching African Americans. The Democratic Party is a 'Johnny-Come-Lately' on Civil Rights.

People change. Less than a year ago Cruz thought Trump was a "pathological liar". Now he's... whatever it is Cruz pretends to think Trump is.

Of course people change.

Robert Byrd changed from a KKK poobah to Democrat icon.
Ted Kennedy changed from a murderer to the lion of the Senate.

The only person who did not change - because he did not have to - is Jeff Sessions.

Right??

Those who sit on he fence always get a poke up in their ass.
Those who walk in the middle of the road, get run over sooner or later.
Those who don't stand for anything stand for nothing.

In a two party country an independent is a coward. The only exceptions are in the Senate. They are just dishonest and greedy phonies.

Wrong! I am a conservative Christian and an American. People like me decide elections one way or the other rather than those who always predictably vote along partisan.
lines. Without us, one party would be in power all the time.

Like I said, you have no core values. You waft back and forth depending on the way the wind blows.
Fuck what YOU say. The world doesn't turn on your spurious opinions or how YOU define things. I won't allow a fright -wing alley cat like you to define me. GTFOOH

They created the KKK to fight the blacks, jews, catholics and republicans...
"Now, the Democrats just accuse anyone they disagree with of being a racist.”
News
Paul Bois
cruz_27.jpg

Following Sen. Jeff Sessions' confirmation in which Democrats derided him as racist, Sen. Ted Cruz appeared on Fox News to state some truth: the "Klan was founded by a great many Democrats."

"The Democrats are the party of the Ku Klux Klan," he said on Wednesday. “You look at the most racist. You look at the Dixiecrats; they were Democrats who imposed segregation, imposed Jim Crow laws, who founded the Klan. The Klan was founded by a great many Democrats. Now, the Democrats just accuse anyone they disagree with of being a racist”

Video

Breitbart dutifully noted that "it is no coincidence that more than a hundred years of history are missing from the Democratic party’s official website."

Not that skeletons in one's closet should be the deciding factor in any argument. Every political party has them. Cruz merely points out the irony of the Democrats crying racist on their opponents when history shows they were once upon a time (and still are) harbingers of racism.

meh... maybe 40 years ago...

the kkk is all yours now.

one has to wonder why you schmucks keep repeating the same trash.

oh wait... never mind.

Obviously the Democrat Fake News crowd won't acknowledge Cruz being correct, but he is. The Republican Party was fighting for Civil Rights while the Democratic Party was still lynching African Americans. The Democratic Party is a 'Johnny-Come-Lately' on Civil Rights.
So the Republicans started Affirmative Action??? Please go on, I do declare, how you yankees do go on.

So the Republicans started Affirmative Action??? Please go on, I do declare, how you yankees do go on.

Read up on some history. Stop going all-in on Democrat Fake News. Republicans were fighting for Civil Rights while your beloved Democrats were still lynching African Americans.

Read up on some history. Stop going all-in on Democrat Fake News. Republicans were fighting for Civil Rights while your beloved Democrats were still lynching African Americans.
Oh, I know the history of how the republican party was started as an anti-slavery party and the gradual postbellum metamorphosis into the anti-Affirmative-Action, killer cop supporting racists that the GOP represents today!

Oh, I know the history of how the republican party was started as an anti-slavery party and the gradual postbellum metamorphosis into the anti-Affirmative-Action, killer cop supporting racists that the GOP represents today!

Oh boy, you really have drank the Democrat Fake News/History Kool-Aid. No point continuing a dialogue. Movin on...

Oh boy, you really have drank the Democrat Fake News/History Kool-Aid. No point continuing a dialogue. Movin on...
The truth has a way of making konservative shit heads
"move on."

Forum List

Back