Cuba's newly legalized private businesses are paying their workers many, many times more than what they had been making when they worked for...

As a libertarian, I trust workers to choose the job that they believe is best for them.

Communists refer to this as "exploitation."

Well, I say: bring on the exploitation!
You people have no idea what the Cuban Revolution was all about. Do you not know what life was like in Cuba before the Revolution? Do you not know who was running the Cuban government before the revolution? No ...... you have no idea. Private businesses would have flourished in Cuba long ago if the US had not intervened.

You people have no idea what the Cuban Revolution was all about. Do you not know what life was like in Cuba before the Revolution? Do you not know who was running the Cuban government before the revolution? No ...... you have no idea. Private businesses would have flourished in Cuba long ago if the US had not intervened.

Do you not know what life was like in Cuba before the Revolution?

Better than what life is like in Cuba after the Revolution.

You seem to think Castro was a fine follow rather than a reincarnation of Stalin

I think the US has normal relations with all sorts of leaders that are not "fine fellows".

We put the hammer down on Castro with one hand and helped a drug lord become a dictator with the other. The only difference between them is one of them was making nice with the USSR and one was not.

/----/ There is nothing --- nothing Cuba could not source from countries not blockading them.
Who does Cuba trade with the most?
Among the most important imports are mineral fuels and lubricants, foods, machinery and transport equipment, and chemicals. Cuba's main trading partners include Venezuela, China, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and the Netherlands.

What is Cuba's main source of income?
Cuba heavily depends on its natural resources to run its economy. Despite its small size, Cuba is rich in natural resources. Nickel is highly important for the country, and cobalt is also abundant on the island, making Cuba one of the highest producers and exporters of both nickel and cobalt in the world.

/----/ There is nothing --- nothing Cuba could not source from countries not blockading them.
Among the most important imports are mineral fuels and lubricants, foods, machinery and transport equipment, and chemicals. Cuba's main trading partners include Venezuela, China, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and the Netherlands.

What is Cuba's main source of income?
Cuba heavily depends on its natural resources to run its economy. Despite its small size, Cuba is rich in natural resources. Nickel is highly important for the country, and cobalt is also abundant on the island, making Cuba one of the highest producers and exporters of both nickel and cobalt in the world.
Wake me when you have something useful to say on the subject.

Wake me when you have something useful to say on the subject.
/----/ Refute anything I posted. You won't because you can't.
1728648682325.png

/——/ Once again, refute this if you can:
There is nothing --- nothing Cuba could not source from countries not blockading them.
Among the most important imports are mineral fuels and lubricants, foods, machinery and transport equipment, and chemicals. Cuba's main trading partners include Venezuela, the UK, China, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and the Netherlands.

I think the US has normal relations with all sorts of leaders that are not "fine fellows".

We put the hammer down on Castro with one hand and helped a drug lord become a dictator with the other. The only difference between them is one of them was making nice with the USSR and one was not.
Thats a big difference considering that it was during the Cold War

You might remember the soviet premier vowing to bury us

He was as serious then as the Irans are now

Last edited:
Thats a big difference considering that it was during the Cold War

You might remember the soviet premier viwing to bury us

He was as serious then as the Irans are now

And the USSR has been gone for 32 years and we keep the sanctions in place why?

Though it is ironic that you bring up Iran, considering it was the Shah getting too close to the USSR that lead the US to either turn a blind eye to the danger of the revolution or take an active part in it, depending upon who you ask.

And the USSR has been gone for 32 years and we keep the sanctions in place why?

Though it is ironic that you bring up Iran, considering it was the Shah getting too close to the USSR that lead the US to either turn a blind eye to the danger of the revolution or take an active part in it, depending upon who you ask.
I dont give Cuba much attention

Its still ruled by one of the few survivng stalinist dictatorships

But if we loosened the noose against them or left it in place I would not care either way

I dont get your comment about the Shah

He was not moving into the soviet orbit

I dont give Cuba much attention

Its still ruled by one of the few survivng stalinist dictatorships

But if we loosened the noose against them or left it in place I would not care either way

We are close friends with many countries with worse leaders

I dont get your comment about the Shah

He was not moving into the soviet orbit

Yes, actually he was.

Forum List

Back