Cumberland County sheriff's deputy fired, accused of stealing ammo

williep

Apr 14, 2015
Cumberland County sheriff's deputy fired, accused of stealing ammo

By Nichole Manna | Fay Observer
April 10, 2015

A Cumberland County sheriff's deputy was fired Friday after an internal audit and investigation found that ammunition stolen from the Sheriff's Office had been sold, a news release said.

George Richard Newton III, 45, was terminated for violating the department's policies and procedures, Sheriff Moose Butler said in a termination letter.

"It has been determined that you participated in the theft and sale of Cumberland County Sheriff's Office property, i.e., ammunition, and have participated in the pattern of criminal conduct related to the theft and sale of Cumberland County Sheriffs Office property,'' Butler wrote in the dismissal letter.

Full Story:

Cumberland County sheriff s deputy fired accused of stealing ammo - Fayetteville Observer Crime Courts

I wonder how many of our boys-n-blue are selling/stealing department equipment? I've got some whopper stories around here somewhere.....

Post on how cops steal from people arrested....

I see those reports regularly, very regularly ..... but I don't know if I've got any from the last week or so. When I find 'em, you'll definitely see it here.

Post on how cops steal from people arrested....

I see those reports regularly, very regularly ..... but I don't know if I've got any from the last week or so. When I find 'em, you'll definitely see it here.
I enjoyed hearing the president and AG telling cops that there will be no more illegal, unconstitutional confiscations of property without due process...It's time to tame the thieves we look for protection from...

Had a cop steal two boxs of ammo from a local Academy outdoors store about a month ago.
What kind of dumbass does this?
Does the police department not give them training rounds for free?

Forum List

Back