Custom Bikes...

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Daytona Beach Biketoberfest was held this past weekend and, every year, the custom jobs come rolling out:

bb11.jpg

bb12.jpg

bb13.jpg

bb14.jpg

bb16.jpg

bb15.jpg

bb17.jpg

ih03.jpg

ms06.jpg

ms08.jpg

ms44.jpg

Most of those are a bit over the top for me, but the people who own them win good chunks of change in at shows. The bike in the first picture won a $10,000 first prize for the best sound system, and a $5,000 second prize for best overall, which was won by the blue and white bike. That owner also rode away with a $10,000 first prize in that category.

These guys are serious about their bikes...

Some of those are just impractical to ride on the roads and are just put on a trailer to go to shows.

You are exactly correct. The uber-custom bikes; the ones winning the money, are trailered to rallies. They pretty much all have air-ride suspension, so they could be ridden, but no one ever really does...

IOW useless

Useless? Really?

Perhaps you missed the part where one owner walked away with $15,000 in a single afternoon. He'll then roll the bike into the trailer and head to the next rally, wherever that may be, and enter into contests there, potentially win more big money, and then roll the bike into the trailer and repeat the process.

These guys go to bike rallies all over the country. The pink bike was at Sturgis this past August. A friend said he saw it in Laconia, as well. This is pretty much what these guys do for a living. If this isn't what they do for a living, then odds are they work in a motorcycle shop which sponsors them so they can go to these rallies.

Either way, these bikes make big money, and I just don't see how that's "useless"...

We used to do Myrtle Beach BW. Out and about, got caught once or twice in the rain. Come back to the condo and those custom bikes that weren't trailered during the rain, had freaking out owners with the latest in gigantic cotton swabs and such, frantically cleaning their bikes, for quite some time also.

While I appreciate the time, effort, and talent that goes into those bikes, they have taken what was in most cases a mediocre motorcycle and turned it into a worthless motorcycle.

Not my cup of tea.

I've been riding MC's since 1971.

Forum List

Back