DACA: "congrats kid, your parents broke the law, here's a winning lotto ticket"

a99ed243a27bccb44bc2ae60b5c85e6fef9df50d017e02e2d197a87ae81d2b54.jpg

Yeah man, I'm a human being with feelings and emotions. I know I know...

puuuuusssssssssssssssssssyyyyy

There is no easy answer.

I can imagine those who legally applied to be citizens; many who have more skills and a firm love of America based on personal choice of applying for citizenship (not anchored ot the country by their parents), would be unhappy with the decision to reward these kids.

On the other side, it's true, these kids had no choice and many are law abiding citizens.

In the end, you are a country or you aren't, you have borders or you don't laws and rules or you don't. Do what you must with these Dreamers but if a wall isn't built, I am guessing it's 4 and out. The ball will be punted back to the Democrats as Trumps most loyal supporters will stay home in 2020.

Economy, The Wall, tax breaks, bringing jobs back, renegotiating bad trade deals. This is Trumps success to win 2020. Anything else will ensure a disenchanted base that was once ready to go to the end of the earth for him.

So, if some sort of restitution and path to citizenship is made, it will only be accepted by his supporters if a wall is built and America is secure again. I think this is fairly clear and I challenge anyone to debate to the contrary.

There is no easy answer.

I can imagine those who legally applied to be citizens; many who have more skills and a firm love of America based on personal choice of applying for citizenship (not anchored ot the country by their parents), would be unhappy with the decision to reward these kids.

On the other side, it's true, these kids had no choice and many are law abiding citizens.

In the end, you are a country or you aren't, you have borders or you don't laws and rules or you don't. Do what you must with these Dreamers but if a wall isn't built, I am guessing it's 4 and out. The ball will be punted back to the Democrats as Trumps most loyal supporters will stay home in 2020.

Economy, The Wall, tax breaks, bringing jobs back, renegotiating bad trade deals. This is Trumps success to win 2020. Anything else will ensure a disenchanted base that was once ready to go to the end of the earth for him.

So, if some sort of restitution and path to citizenship is made, it will only be accepted by his supporters if a wall is built and America is secure again. I think this is fairly clear and I challenge anyone to debate to the contrary.
They were born in Mexico (or wherever) and they can go back to Mexico, get their birth certificates, and then get in line like everybody else in order to follow the law.....the Demonrats are making this an issue in order to foul up the whole immigration situation....when you hear 'we must be compassionate' or 'the poor children' you know we are being bamboozled.....

Unless I'm missing something this is the Hussein administration / Democrat logic is it not?
Metaphorically speaking:
Parents robbed a bank, gave the children the stolen loot and authorities allowed the children to keep the cash citing "kids shouldn't pay for their parents mistakes"?
Am I even close?

That is a bunch of nonsense. The fact is that many of them have no connection to their home country. They were brought her as children. They are Americans in their thinking and culturally. I know this because my father was in the military and my father was in the military. I was brought to this country very young. I have never had any connection with the country I was born in.

There is no easy answer.

No wall is going to be built. It is a gigantic waste of money.

Unless I'm missing something this is the Hussein administration / Democrat logic is it not?
Metaphorically speaking:
Parents robbed a bank, gave the children the stolen loot and authorities allowed the children to keep the cash citing "kids shouldn't pay for their parents mistakes"?
Am I even close?

That is a bunch of nonsense. The fact is that many of them have no connection to their home country. They were brought her as children. They are Americans in their thinking and culturally. I know this because my father was in the military and my father was in the military. I was brought to this country very young. I have never had any connection with the country I was born in.

Were they citizens?

They have no connection to the country of their birth?

not even.....citizenship?

when you hear 'we must be compassionate' or 'the poor children' you know we are being bamboozled.....

Yeah, that or you literally support ruining the lives of children that culturally are American. This issue would have no impact on your life one way or the other, yet it's so important that we send these kids packing.

when you hear 'we must be compassionate' or 'the poor children' you know we are being bamboozled.....

Yeah, that or you literally support ruining the lives of children that culturally are American. This issue would have no impact on your life one way or the other, yet it's so important that we send these kids packing.

are they 'legally' American?

Should they be given classes in their culture before being sent back across the border?

I understand the importance of maintaining our borders. I support cracking down in a lot of ways, but something about this just feels wrong. These kids for all intents and purposes are American. They grew up here, they speak the language and everybody they know is from here. I don't support removing DACA.
DACA fucks over law abiding people waiting in line legally, DACA is unconstitutional and unacceptable

DACA has nothing to do with that. The problem is bureaucratic inertia not DREAMers. DACA was Obama using the discretion a President has in deciding who gets deported.

Should they be given classes in their culture before being sent back across the border?

I understand the importance of maintaining our borders. I support cracking down in a lot of ways, but something about this just feels wrong. These kids for all intents and purposes are American. They grew up here, they speak the language and everybody they know is from here. I don't support removing DACA.
DACA fucks over law abiding people waiting in line legally, DACA is unconstitutional and unacceptable

DACA has nothing to do with that. The problem is bureaucratic inertia not DREAMers. DACA was Obama using the discretion a President has in deciding who gets deported.
...and he was wrong

are they 'legally' American?

Yeah, as long as DACA remains intact. However I will say I value my own sense of right and wrong more than I value the law. Think what you will of me for that one, but it's true.
Yeah, as long as DACA remains intact.

NO

DACA does NOT make them legally American.

'Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals'

They are in legal Limbo, awaiting someone to tell them to leave, or make them citizens.

A president can overturn immigration policy without input from Congress?

Even 'constitutional professor' Obama knew that wouldn't survive the Supreme Court

What gives them the right to be here? Who pays for their way... you?

You'd throw children with no connection to the culture their parents came from into a country they've never known?...
Their parents should have thought of that before subjecting them to such risk.

...Some of them don't even speak the language...
Their parents should have thought of that before subjecting them to such risk.

...Do you not understand that that's evil?...
Incorrect... enforcement of US Immigration Law is not evil.

...You'd have to have no empathy at all to support getting rid of DACA.
Irrelevant to the enforcement of US Immigration Law.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allowing so-called 'Dreamers' to remain upon US soil would have two substantive negative consequences:

1. it sets a bad legal precedent for the future of border integrity and national sovereignty

2. it sends the wrong message to those millions still beyond our borders who might contemplate illegal entry in the future

The avoidance of these two negative consequences outweighs all other concerns by several orders of magnitude.

The time has come to (1) serve-up a harsh lesson to outsiders and (2) begin ignoring Liberal arguments and actions in this matter.

I agree with all these points except the last one. Undoubtedly there are abusers and criminals, but innocent people as well, maybe a child brought here by their parents or a child that fled certain doom to stay alive. Just because millions have violated our law is no justification for black and white revolving door justice just as Castro or Zedong might have empowered------ I'd hope we were better than that. Ultimately it is OUR fault, not theirs, for both allowing them to come in across our border freely AND stay here for years. As Trump and others said many times, the FIRST STEP is to SECURE THE BORDER, THEN start deporting illegals.

I'm still waiting for the border wall. It better be in the 2018 budget, at least enough to get a good start.

ITMT just as I said somewhere else, THERE CAN BE NO JUSTICE SO LONG AS LAWS ARE ABSOLUTE! No sob story required, there is no reason the USA cannot be compassionate to those deserving compassion, otherwise, WHAT RIGHT do we have to claim we are better than other countries?; if in a particular case it is EVIDENT that the person in question has caused no crimes or offense and has led a useful, constructive life, especially if they were a minor at the time, or came here on the volition of others, there is no reason why we can't offer some sort of 'fast-track' pathway to move these people through the system quickly and get them legal status if that seems reasonable! I realize the problem 20 million illegals cause to our country, but I do not subscribe to the idea that in every case, the best and only solution is compulsory deportation without due diligence, because ultimately we are no better than our laws and as a nation, must be judged by them just as we would judge others.

BUT REMEMBER: The key is to CLOSE THE BORDER FIRST! That negates the issue of "attracting" illegals, just as it was key to fix healthcare first as essential to make it affordable and practical to revise our tax structure! Yet we are pursuing the tax reform BEFORE addressing the healthcare! And now we are deporting illegals summarily for every reason we can scratch up, BEFORE FIXING THE BORDER.

Last edited:

Even 'constitutional professor' Obama knew that wouldn't survive the Supreme Court

S President has complete discretion in who to deport. If he says he will not deport children brought here as children, he has the authority to do so. Also worth noting that DACA recipients has to be either in school or working. that sounds Republican to me.

S President has complete discretion in who to deport. If he says he will not deport children brought here as children, he has the authority to do so. Also worth noting that DACA recipients has to be either in school or working. that sounds Republican to me.

Sounds more like common sense to me.

I heard this on the radio but didn't have the time to research it. I understand that no other country in the world would consider a baby of foreign parents being born in their country to become an automatic citizen except the USA.

Every time the left wants to get their way, it's "what about the children?"

We need to reduce the SNAP's program. What about the children?
We need parents to provide lunches for their kids in school. What about the children?
We don't need minimum wage increases. What about the children?
We don't need more gun regulations. What about the children?
People on welfare should be kicked off if they fail a drug test. What about the children?
People who did not go through the immigration process should be deported. What about the children?

I'm so sick of the children defense I don't care about the children anymore.

I don't understand what Progs want with regards to immigration policy.

It seems like they don't want any borders at all.

Should we annex Mexico and Canada and just have the nation of North America?

Forum List

Back