DACA: "congrats kid, your parents broke the law, here's a winning lotto ticket"

Unless I'm missing something this is the Hussein administration / Democrat logic is it not?
Metaphorically speaking:
Parents robbed a bank, gave the children the stolen loot and authorities allowed the children to keep the cash citing "kids shouldn't pay for their parents mistakes"?
Am I even close?

That is a bunch of nonsense. The fact is that many of them have no connection to their home country. They were brought her as children. They are Americans in their thinking and culturally. I know this because my father was in the military and my father was in the military. I was brought to this country very young. I have never had any connection with the country I was born in.

The problem is most of these DACA people are adults. Here are the statistics right from the US government:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default...USCIS-DACA-Characteristics-Data-2014-7-10.pdf

It's the third page down.

Unless I'm missing something this is the Hussein administration / Democrat logic is it not?
Metaphorically speaking:
Parents robbed a bank, gave the children the stolen loot and authorities allowed the children to keep the cash citing "kids shouldn't pay for their parents mistakes"?
Am I even close?

That is a bunch of nonsense. The fact is that many of them have no connection to their home country. They were brought her as children. They are Americans in their thinking and culturally. I know this because my father was in the military and my father was in the military. I was brought to this country very young. I have never had any connection with the country I was born in.

The problem is most of these DACA people are adults. Here are the statistics right from the US government:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Humanitarian/Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals/USCIS-DACA-Characteristics-Data-2014-7-10.pdf

It's the third page down.

Don't confuse the Progs with actual facts.

All dreamers are 16 year olds who are 1st in their high school class.

What I find incredible, aside from the open callousness of the Alt-Right, is the way Conservatives frame the position of Liberals on immigration. The Right seems to believe that Democrats are pandering to Latinos to garner votes. But does the Right ever think that kicking Latinos in the ribs as they are mercilessly deported that those Latino votes are not going to be cast for Comservative candidates?

Burning bridges comes to mind, but cutting off your nose to spite your face is more appropriate.

What I find incredible, aside from the open callousness of the Alt-Right, is the way Conservatives frame the position of Liberals on immigration. The Right seems to believe that Democrats are pandering to Latinos to garner votes. But does the Right ever think that kicking Latinos in the ribs as they are mercilessly deported that those Latino votes are not going to be cast for Comservative candidates?

Burning bridges comes to mind, but cutting off your nose to spite your face is more appropriate.

The truth of the matter is every other voting group besides whites vote a majority Democrat. This is why the Democrats are working so hard to make whites the minority in this country. The Democrat party is the anti-white party.

If Dems don't like the current immigration laws, then change those laws.

It's pretty simple.

Should they be given classes in their culture before being sent back across the border?

I understand the importance of maintaining our borders. I support cracking down in a lot of ways, but something about this just feels wrong. These kids for all intents and purposes are American. They grew up here, they speak the language and everybody they know is from here. I don't support removing DACA.
DACA fucks over law abiding people waiting in line legally, DACA is unconstitutional and unacceptable

DACA has nothing to do with that. The problem is bureaucratic inertia not DREAMers. DACA was Obama using the discretion a President has in deciding who gets deported.

A president can overturn immigration policy without input from Congress?

Even 'constitutional professor' Obama knew that wouldn't survive the Supreme Court

S President has complete discretion in who to deport. If he says he will not deport children brought here as children, he has the authority to do so. Also worth noting that DACA recipients has to be either in school or working. that sounds Republican to me.

then he's above immigration law?

But does the Right ever think that kicking Latinos in the ribs as they are mercilessly deported that those Latino votes are not going to be cast for Comservative candidates?
If they are being deported because they are here illegally...

THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO VOTE ANYWAY.

It's pretty simple.
You mean the way Republicans handle healthcare? Pretty simple.

It's pretty simple.

I don't know what you are getting at.

We have current immigration laws that should be enforced. If Dems want different laws, then they should pass new legislation in Congress.

Why should other people on the hook to pay for their way? They are here illegally - illegal is illegal

Do you think your way of life will be impacted one way or the other? Like, when we round these kids up and fly them "home" will things be looking up by that point, or was it all just for the sake of making people that see it that way you do feel better? I wonder...
Not to interrupt your conversation but yes all of our lives will get better. Sending them home sets a precident that the illegals can no longer ignore. It takes all of the incentive away. They will no longer think it's worth the risk.

It's pretty simple.

We have current immigration laws that should be enforced. If Dems want different laws, then they should pass new legislation in Congress.
Yeah it's simple. With a majority in both houses and the presidency, seven years of bitching and moaning about the ACA came to nothing under Republicans. Now you say it's pretty simple for the Democrats without a majority to change immigration laws.

Metaphorically speaking:
Am I even close?
I say let the kids stay but make their parents go back.

It's pretty simple.

Yeah it's simple. With a majority in both houses and the presidency, seven years of bitching and moaning about the ACA came to nothing under Republicans. Now you say it's pretty simple for the Democrats without a majority to change immigration laws.
Not even Republicans would argue that the Republican politicians in Congress are a bunch of worthless jellyfish.

It's pretty simple.

Not even Republicans would argue that the Republican politicians in Congress are a bunch of worthless jellyfish.
I'm glad I never voted for one.

Metaphorically speaking:
Am I even close?
I say let the kids stay but make their parents go back.

There should be nothing arbitrary...no gray area. Illegal is illegal.
It's the constant "new reason" to move laterally, the new reason for another judgement call that keeps leading to shitting on our constitution and in the faces of real Americans. We've fucked ourselfs long enough. Let's learn something.

It's pretty simple.

The scum you vote for are 1000 times worse.

Sucks to be you! Jaded, cynical, frustrated, undereducated. Makes for a sterling Trump supporter.

Sucks to be you! Jaded, cynical, frustrated, undereducated. Makes for a sterling Trump supporter.

WOW...that's so weird...another LefTard fabricating their own facts. STRANGE.

WOW...that's so weird...another LefTard fabricating their own facts. STRANGE.
And another eloquent Right Winger chimes in. Where did you develop your sense of language? A locker room or a truck stop?

Forum List

Back