DACA Schmocka: Let's discuss the REAL problem

What can we do to improve conditions south of the border?

• Pursue some kind of military cooperative agreement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pursue some kind of performance-based private investing strategy

• Re-direction of Federal funds to _____________________

• Nothing can be done, it's hopeless, just build a wall

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Other, please describe

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Mango Tango

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
??????????

Americans... Americans.......

You meant Native Americans? Which Native Americans?

The ones living in America.

Which tribe?

What does this have to do with anything? ......

It has to do with the fact that some Native American reservations are the poorest places in America, and China has more billionaires than the US. First you said "Native Africans" then you changed it to "Native Americans" and now you won't specify which tribes you might be talking about. Just trying to be clear.

Obviously the political "class" (har har) will be turning its attention to DACA soon. So here come the shallow platitudes, the bumper sticker sloganeering, the posturing before the teevee cameras, the goofy hyperbole and the personal insults & name-calling on yet another important issue.

My bold and fearless (!) prediction is that we're going to focus on the wall and employment practices and the tearing apart of families, screaming YOU'RE A RACIST AAUUUUGHH, etc. etc., and continue to ignore the one issue that is at the very core of this problem:

Mexico and much of South America remain a shit hole from which people are desperate to escape.

Let's try to avoid all the silly partisan behaviors listed above and discuss what America can actually do about that. How can we make it so that people south of the border have some reason to stay, while getting cooperation from those governments? Investment agreements with those countries? Some kind of military arrangement to deal with the cartels? Let's see if we can "exchange" some "ideas" on this without the thread spinning off the rails.

Mexico's economy has been growing ok for a long time now. Per capita income, (purchasing power parity) has grown to nearly 19,000 a year.

They are not that bad.

And interference from US will be greatly resented.

What would really help is to seal the fucking border and shut down the flow of money to the cartels.
Certainly the cartels are the problem, and I agree that Mexico won't accept any help.

Due in large part to the fact that they've been corrupted by those same cartels.

Americans... Americans.......

You meant Native Americans? Which Native Americans?

The ones living in America.

Which tribe?

What does this have to do with anything? ......

It has to do with the fact that some Native American reservations are the poorest places in America, and China has more billionaires than the US. First you said "Native Africans" then you changed it to "Native Americans" and now you won't specify which tribes you might be talking about. Just trying to be clear.

I am talking about the averages so why in the hell would I have to specify specific tribes?

And interference from US will be greatly resented.....

Resentment was pretty limited when we rescued their currency.

Mac seems to be calling for a lot more.
I'm really not calling for anything. I'm just posing a question, the one I think is at the core of this mess.

It may very well be that there's nothing that can be done, that's why I included the answer.

Ideas come from curiosity, and I'm curious.

Obviously the political "class" (har har) will be turning its attention to DACA soon. So here come the shallow platitudes, the bumper sticker sloganeering, the posturing before the teevee cameras, the goofy hyperbole and the personal insults & name-calling on yet another important issue.

My bold and fearless (!) prediction is that we're going to focus on the wall and employment practices and the tearing apart of families, screaming YOU'RE A RACIST AAUUUUGHH, etc. etc., and continue to ignore the one issue that is at the very core of this problem:

Mexico and much of South America remain a shit hole from which people are desperate to escape.

Let's try to avoid all the silly partisan behaviors listed above and discuss what America can actually do about that. How can we make it so that people south of the border have some reason to stay, while getting cooperation from those governments? Investment agreements with those countries? Some kind of military arrangement to deal with the cartels? Let's see if we can "exchange" some "ideas" on this without the thread spinning off the rails.

Mexico's economy has been growing ok for a long time now. Per capita income, (purchasing power parity) has grown to nearly 19,000 a year.

They are not that bad.

What would really help is to seal the fucking border and shut down the flow of money to the cartels.
Certainly the cartels are the problem, and I agree that Mexico won't accept any help.

Due in large part to the fact that they've been corrupted by those same cartels.

So the only reasonable answer is to protect ourselves from their problems.

They are not that bad.

Could be. I just wish we could fix the core problem.

DACA participants came to the United States legally as children, ...

Last, DACA participants have no knowledge of their birth country, often do not speak the language, and have no means to survive if compelled to return to their birth country – .....

So much false information there ^^^^^

You know someone can't support their position when they have to make up a load of bullshit to try and sugarcoat it.
Oh yeah? Which part?

I'm really not calling for anything. I'm just posing a question, the one I think is at the core of this mess.

It may very well be that there's nothing that can be done, that's why I included the answer.

Mexico has been a bad neighbor for a long time.

The next step is not US offering more help. THe next step is US protecting ourselves and our interests from them.

Preferable at their expense.

Someday, some Mexican leader might have the Moral Courage to extend an olive branch, but imo, that won't happen for generations.

The next step is not US offering more help. THe next step is US protecting ourselves and our interests from them.

Someday, some Mexican leader might have the Moral Courage to extend an olive branch, but imo, that won't happen for generations.
Well, the answer to Mexico itself bringing the cartels down just doesn't exist. I don't see how it happens.

So that led me to wondering what outside influences might be utilized to take care of it for them, either directly or indirectly.

But as we've said, the chances that Mexico (and other South American countries) would give someone else any power have to be pretty freaking small. Unless, of course, they somehow had a better alternative.

Bottom line: I dunno.

They are not that bad.

Could be. I just wish we could fix the core problem.

Mexico is a sovereign nation, responsible for it's own affairs.

It is not up to us to fix their problems.

Our concern with them should be how they are advancing their interests at the expense of ours.

They deserve no consideration from US at this point in time.

Well, the answer to Mexico itself bringing the cartels down just doesn't exist. I don't see how it happens.

So that led me to wondering what outside influences might be utilized to take care of it for them, either directly or indirectly.

But as we've said, the chances that Mexico (and other South American countries) would give someone else any power have to be pretty freaking small. Unless, of course, they somehow had a better alternative.

I don't know why you are assuming that Mexico is unable to address their own problems, if they choose to.

I am willing to take responsibility for the market we offer to the cartels, no more.

Seal the border to disrupt cash flow to the cartels.

I'm wiling to go that far.

I don't know why you are assuming that Mexico is unable to address their own problems, if they choose to.

I am willing to take responsibility for the market we offer to the cartels, no more.

They're unable because they're unwilling. There's too much corruption, from the police force up to the government.

They will not do anything serious about this, they're paid off and/or terrified for their lives.

They're unable because they're unwilling. There's too much corruption, from the police force up to the government.

They will not do anything serious about this, they're paid off and/or terrified for their lives.

At some point the people might have enough and demand action.

Or they won't. THe choice is theirs.

It is their country.

I'm open to discussions and polices that have, as one of their goals, to disrupt the flow of money to the cartels.

Invade them.

Purge the marxist influence from them that keep them dependent on a nanny state controlled by sociopaths. Establish free markets and eradicate corrupt government officials and bureaucrooks. Establish private property and promote good farming methods. Open lines of credit for people with less money but more ambition so that they can be innovative.

DACA participants came to the United States legally as children, ...

Last, DACA participants have no knowledge of their birth country, often do not speak the language, and have no means to survive if compelled to return to their birth country – .....

So much false information there ^^^^^

You know someone can't support their position when they have to make up a load of bullshit to try and sugarcoat it.
Oh yeah? Which part?

The part I quoted.

We could always annex Mexico and turn them into a state. It would open up a lot of resort real estate for development, help in ironingout their corruptions, and would certainly shorten our southern border significantly.

Mexico is not in South America.

Forum List

Back