DACA

As an aside...do you realize that hispanic culture is very conservative?

I was sitting at a traffic light at a busy urban intersection recently minding my own business when a group of immigrants and their anchor babies about 5 yeas old crossed the street. As they passed, two of the little girls gave me the one finger salute for no reason other than I was American and they were illegal immigrants.

That's what your compassion is filling our nation with. A bunch of illegal ingrates who are being taught to hate Americans. Great job!!!

How strange. Must have been in response to the (expletives deleted) you were yelling at them because they "looked" like furrreners.

My feeling is this - these kids no NO OTHER LIFE then that of America

Coyote, you know me as a gamer, right (check Samus in my sig if in doubt)? Well when I was younger, I loved to use cheat codes to exploit the game to make it easier for me to win. Essentially I was gaining an unfair advantage. However, it took all the joy out of playing the game. It left me wanting after a while, so I chose to go back to playing the game the hard way.

Their parents exploited our legal system to grant them citizenship. To me that in addition to the parent(s), their life in America was stolen away. I find that unacceptable. There are right ways and wrong ways to do things here.

THEY didn't break any law though. They were KIDS. They had no choice. And now, they are American in culture, language and attitudes. What happens to them?

Send them to their HOME countries with their parents.
If you're feeling the need to assist, sell off assets and go with and provide for them IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY. Noone is stopping you. You have compassion, as long you don't have to pay for it.

We have a hell of a time taking care of AMERICANS already. Your compassion is sweet and noble, but unrealistic. There are finite resources available.

When you're in a country where the Taliban destroys schools and murders schoogirls for having the audacity to want an education...or a country over run by gang and drug violence to the point where law is meaningless...maybe not.

Have you tried? I mean..it's simple right?
Why don't you liberals go fix that?

My feeling is this - these kids no NO OTHER LIFE then that of America

Coyote, you know me as a gamer, right (check Samus in my sig if in doubt)? Well when I was younger, I loved to use cheat codes to exploit the game to make it easier for me to win. Essentially I was gaining an unfair advantage. However, it took all the joy out of playing the game. It left me wanting after a while, so I chose to go back to playing the game the hard way.

Their parents exploited our legal system to grant them citizenship. To me that in addition to the parent(s), their life in America was stolen away. I find that unacceptable. There are right ways and wrong ways to do things here.

I know you TK and you know I like you :smiliehug:

But I don't see it quite that way...parents do what they can, to make the best future for their kids. It's human nature, regardless of nationality. And there is plentiful evidence of hardship and danger overcome to do so. But regardless...whether you sympathize or see it as "gaming" the system - the kids had no choice. None. So should they be punished? That is why I support DACA and movements in that direction fervently. They had no choice. Culturerally they are as American as you or I.

When you're in a country where the Taliban destroys schools and murders schoogirls for having the audacity to want an education...or a country over run by gang and drug violence to the point where law is meaningless...maybe not.

Why don't you conservatives?

This is when I have to ask...where is your heart?

My heart is with the law.

How many more exceptions do you want to make to our immigration law, Coyote? From where I'm sitting you're rewarding these people for breaking our laws. As much as it pains me to say this, the children also need to learn there are consequences, even if they weren't the ones who engineered them. That means sending them home with their parents. In my neck of the woods, we call that "tough love".

And you can't really accuse me of being heartless, I am keeping the family intact here. But what are we teaching these kids today? That if you break the rules, you get rewarded for it. I can't stand to see the law being trampled on anymore. When do we get to exert our sovereignty as a nation and dictate who and what comes across our borders, and what punishments are necessary for those that breach our borders illegally?

So, here's my counter question:

Where is your respect for the law?

You mean like pardoning Joe Arpio?

President Obama signed an executive order. That makes it law until overturned or by being challenged in court.

Why do you want to punish children for the sins of their parents?

My heart is with the Dreamers! I would add that I question Speaker Paul Ryan's true motives for disagreeing with Trump. Ryan has his own legislative agenda that may not be in the best interests of Dreamers, either.

Thank you .... some of the responses hear are just frankly heartless.

How is taking in all of the worlds children showing compassion? It's teaching them that their culture SUCKS. Taking in the problems their home countries won't or are too corrupt is simply exponentially worsening the problem and giving them inferiority complexes. IF....the US stopped allowing this insanity today then MAYBE I'd feel different and we'd find a way to deal with those already here....but it is not stopping and it is overwhelming the system.

Christian American organizations have sent literally BILLIONS of aid dollars and people to other countries to help them.
They come here to EXPLOIT and take advantage of an easy and free ride.

Again, resources are finite.

My heart is with the Dreamers! I would add that I question Speaker Paul Ryan's true motives for disagreeing with Trump. Ryan has his own legislative agenda that may not be in the best interests of Dreamers, either.

Every politician has an agenda.

At this point, I'm willing to give kudos to Ryan for breaking with some of the others in his party.

Thank you .... some of the responses hear are just frankly heartless.

How is taking in all of the worlds children showing compassion? It's teaching them that their culture SUCKS. Taking in the problems their home countries won't or are too corrupt is simply exponentially worsening the problem and giving them inferiority complexes. IF....the US stopped allowing this insanity today then MAYBE I'd feel different and we'd find a way to deal with those already here....but it is not stopping and it is overwhelming the system.

Christian American organizations have sent literally BILLIONS of aid dollars and people to other countries to help them.
They come here to EXPLOIT and take advantage of an easy and free ride.

Again, resources are no infinite.

How is DACA taking in "all the world's children"?

How many more exceptions do you want to make to our immigration law, Coyote? From where I'm sitting you're rewarding these people for breaking our laws. As much as it pains me to say this, the children also need to learn there are consequences, even if they weren't the ones who engineered them. That means sending them home with their parents. In my neck of the woods, we call that "tough love".

And you can't really accuse me of being heartless, I am keeping the family intact here. But what are we teaching these kids today? That if you break the rules, you get rewarded for it. I can't stand to see the law being trampled on anymore. When do we get to exert our sovereignty as a nation and dictate who and what comes across our borders, and what punishments are necessary for those that breach our borders illegally?

President Obama signed an executive order. That makes it law until overturned or by being challenged in court.

Lololololol

Uninformed nitwit.

Obama signed an executive order. He didn't go through Congress. He didn't sign a bill into law. He usurped our government.

Trump will now usurp Obama and erase that asinine executive order. NO COURTS NEEDED

Why don't you conservatives?
Because we don't pity them

These are people who were brought to the US as CHILDREN. Not their choice. For many - America is the only culture they know. They are as American as you or I...just don't have the right papers.

This is not a huge group of people - and they are people who are in school or employed or in the military - people making a go of it. The kind of people who define what it is to be American. They are working at or being educated for feilds such as teaching, nursing, law, medicine...kind of what we need.

We have low unemployment. They aren't taking jobs from anyone.

So why such vitriole towards them and the program?

I commend Paul Ryan for speaking up here.

And...I hesitantly commend Trump for at least finding it a STRUGGLE between his heart and his campaign promise.

I hope his heart wins.

Congress MUST address comprehensive immigration reform. The only reason Obama ordered DACA was because Congress WOULD NOT DO IT.

So do it damn it! Don't destroy these young and VERY AMERICAN lives!

What is the law?

Lololololol

Uninformed nitwit.

Obama signed an executive order. He didn't go through Congress. He didn't sign a bill into law. He usurped our government.

Trump will now usurp Obama and erase that asinine executive order. NO COURTS NEEDED

Kind of like Trump has been doing pretty much since he got into office...?

These are people who were brought to the US as CHILDREN. Not their choice. For many - America is the only culture they know. They are as American as you or I...just don't have the right papers.

This is not a huge group of people - and they are people who are in school or employed or in the military - people making a go of it. The kind of people who define what it is to be American. They are working at or being educated for feilds such as teaching, nursing, law, medicine...kind of what we need.

And...I hesitantly commend Trump for at least finding it a STRUGGLE between his heart and his campaign promise.

I hope his heart wins.

Congress MUST address comprehensive immigration reform. The only reason Obama ordered DACA was because Congress WOULD NOT DO IT.

What is the law?

Are children culpable?

Lololololol

Uninformed nitwit.

Kind of like Trump has been doing pretty much since he got into office...?
Yup, erasing Obama's legacy one Trumped executive order at a time!

GO TRUMP

I hope his heart wins.

What is the law?

Are children culpable?
Yes they are.

I was sent to prison as a CHILD.

Your ridiculous emotional bullshit is just that, BULLSHIT.

And Seawich is as clueless as you seem to be.

Forum List

Back