DACA

Them coming out of the shadows WAS lawful. An executive order carries the full weight of the law until overturned or challenged in court.

Venezuelas Maduro is also issuing executive orders.....does that alone make them moral and just?

Umh...two completely different countries and sets of laws...you know that right?

My children go to school in a farming community. Their school is over 70% Hispanic and many of them are undocumented. I know these kids. They are as American as you or I. They want to go to college, join the military. Some of the best, and smartest students at my kids school are these DACA kids. Congress needs to make the Dream Act law. Come on Paul Ryan...money where mouth is!

This is when I have to ask...where is your heart?

These are people who were brought to the US as CHILDREN. Not their choice. For many - America is the only culture they know. They are as American as you or I...just don't have the right papers.

This is not a huge group of people - and they are people who are in school or employed or in the military - people making a go of it. The kind of people who define what it is to be American. They are working at or being educated for feilds such as teaching, nursing, law, medicine...kind of what we need.

We have low unemployment. They aren't taking jobs from anyone.

So why such vitriole towards them and the program?

I commend Paul Ryan for speaking up here.

And...I hesitantly commend Trump for at least finding it a STRUGGLE between his heart and his campaign promise.

I hope his heart wins.

Congress MUST address comprehensive immigration reform. The only reason Obama ordered DACA was because Congress WOULD NOT DO IT.

So do it damn it! Don't destroy these young and VERY AMERICAN lives!
Can't run a society on emotion. I hate it for them, but the incentive has to stop.
America and her laws matter.
Deport them all.

These are people who were brought to the US as CHILDREN. Not their choice. For many - America is the only culture they know. They are as American as you or I...just don't have the right papers.

This is not a huge group of people - and they are people who are in school or employed or in the military - people making a go of it. The kind of people who define what it is to be American. They are working at or being educated for feilds such as teaching, nursing, law, medicine...kind of what we need.

And...I hesitantly commend Trump for at least finding it a STRUGGLE between his heart and his campaign promise.

I hope his heart wins.

Congress MUST address comprehensive immigration reform. The only reason Obama ordered DACA was because Congress WOULD NOT DO IT.

Can't run a society on emotion. I hate it for them, but the incentive has to stop.
Deport them all.

Emotion matters none?

I know you TK and you know I like you :smiliehug:

Gorsh... I'm flattered. :)

But I don't see it quite that way...parents do what they can, to make the best future for their kids. It's human nature, regardless of nationality

Let me put it this way. These parents, in an effort to make a better life for their child(ren) have done the exact opposite. The parent is in a legally compromising position, and the child has to keep his tongue lest he or she expose their undocumented parent. That's not a better life, that's making your child live life in constant fear and uncertainty. That's not fair to the child. It's wrong.

To me, the child needs to suffer the same consequences as the parent even if they weren't aware of what their parents were doing at the time. They were all citizens of another country when they crossed the border. I get where you're coming from, but you see, I was taught that actions have direct and indirect consequences. I feel sorry for the child, I really do, but they need to learn the same lessons as their parents. Breaking the law is wrong. No better life is worth committing a crime for. That is not ensuring the best future for that child.

I suggest, that you as a liberal, start about making any undocumented people you know of aware of what options they have, instead of them constantly running and fleeing from the authorities. Namely the naturalization process or the refugee process. Any legal process that would grant both parent and child citizenship, not one or the other.

DACA was a president overriding the will of congress to make changes to our immigration laws. That is something that can't happen in my book. Congress should be the sole arbiter of who and what comes through our borders.

It isn't a matter of "human nature" it is a matter of "better judgement."

See...I can't agree. Children should NEVER suffer the same consequences as their parents - not if they had no choice, not if they committed no crime. The child, by it's nature, is not culpable.

Perhaps not. But neither are American taxpayers obligated to ignore the law on their behalf.

I hope his heart wins.

Deport them all.

Emotion matters none?
Not when it comes to ACTUALLY solving problems.

Euphemisms. What some call "dreamers", I call wetback babies. I am not finding the same romanticism in mexican illegals that most of you seem to. Instead, I am just seeing the ugly side of human nature and the exploitation and how manipulative people can be, call me cynical.

I hope his heart wins.

Deport them all.

Emotion matters none?

As a matter of law, no they do not. Laws are often written to disarm emotion.

Back to the original question: How is DACA taking in "all the worlds's children"? It's pretty specific and very narrowly defined.

That may be, but the real world result has been broad and catastrophic on American children who will have to do without all those resources that were directed to illegal immigrant children.

But I guess there's no compassion for AMERICAN CHILDREN

How many under privileged black AMERICAN children living in ghettos could all that money and all those resources have helped?

Exactly what are DACA recipients taking from "American" children?

Seems to me they are working and making their own way.
-------------------------------------------- well , language as one example Coyote .

working and making their own way , well they may be working at jobs that belong to Americans Coyote .

Fuck these leeches.

Obama unconstitutionality circumvented our laws.

Change the laws and let the immigrate legally. I'm tires of paying for other people's Hearts!

Fucking start your own damn charities Lefty and pay for this shit yourself!

I hope his heart wins.

OT...what makes them "leaches"?

I'm pretty sure he thinks that 100% of them are on welfare and are not working.

Euphemisms. What some call "dreamers", I call wetback babies. I am not finding the same romanticism in mexican illegals that most of you seem to. Instead, I am just seeing the ugly side of human nature and the exploitation and how manipulative people can be, call me cynical.

I don't know what you mean by "romanticism" - I just see kids, brought over as kids, growing up in America.

working and making their own way , well they may be working at jobs that belong to Americans Coyote .

Then why aren't "American's" lining up demanding those jobs?

I hope his heart wins.

Deport them all.

Emotion matters none?

Emotion matters not at all. It is time for hard choices.

Many of these "children" are adults in their 30s and 40s. They arrived as children and are still classified as childhood arrivals. They never applied to clear up their status. Why not? Because they believe they should not have to. They should be granted citizenship just because they come from south of the border and "the border crossed them". The entirety of the American political and social structure exists to make their lives easier and more pleasant. The goal is to eliminate the southern border completely. They should have the right to come and go as they please.

No. No. No. It is time we stood up for our own country and stopped acting like we exist to support their well being. Round these people up, put them on a bus, boxcars, planes and boats and send them back to where they came from.

I hope his heart wins.

Deport them all.

Emotion matters none?

Well, that kind of makes my case. It's not simply "emotion". These kids are exactly the kind of people we want in immigrants - higher education, employed, military service....

I hope his heart wins.

Deport them all.

Emotion matters none?

Well, that kind of makes my case. It's not simply "emotion". These kids are exactly the kind of people we want in immigrants - higher education, employed, military service....

Forum List

Back