DACA

This is when I have to ask...where is your heart?

These are people who were brought to the US as CHILDREN. Not their choice. For many - America is the only culture they know. They are as American as you or I...just don't have the right papers.

This is not a huge group of people - and they are people who are in school or employed or in the military - people making a go of it. The kind of people who define what it is to be American. They are working at or being educated for feilds such as teaching, nursing, law, medicine...kind of what we need.

We have low unemployment. They aren't taking jobs from anyone.

So why such vitriole towards them and the program?

I commend Paul Ryan for speaking up here.

And...I hesitantly commend Trump for at least finding it a STRUGGLE between his heart and his campaign promise.

I hope his heart wins.

Congress MUST address comprehensive immigration reform. The only reason Obama ordered DACA was because Congress WOULD NOT DO IT.

So do it damn it! Don't destroy these young and VERY AMERICAN lives!
Comprehensive is nothing but code for "hide shit from the American people."

Immigration to this country should be meticulous and difficult. We WANT to make it difficult so that WE can control the riff-raff that exists in the world and keep them from coming here. This is not uncompassionate. It is NOT compassionate to allow just anyone entry.

Now, for the children of illegals. If they were not born here, they leave with their parents, grandparents. If they were born here then a few considerations have to be addressed.

1. Are they minors unable to fend for themselves? If so, they get a social security number with associated documentation, and when they come of age, they can return to their home country; or they become wards of the State.
2. If they are at or above the age of emancipation, then they can remain and work or school themselves into a good life like the rest of us.

Any consideration about 'separating children from parents' will be treated as the crap argument it is. We don't care about separating parents and children when parents commit crimes and go to jail. Treat it the same way.

Finally, to address the 'through no fault of their own' argument.

If a family were to barge into someone's home and began eating the food, abusing the hospitality, running up the bills, you'd kick them out of the house. You would NOT kick out just the adults and allow the kids to remain, would you? Interlopers are interlopers, end of story.

Please refrain from insulting people with this, "Have a heart" specious argument. This is about Americans, where is your heart for them?

So if a "family" barged in you would jail the children with the parents for the same crime?

Talk about "insulting".
I would deport the children along with the parents, period. They have no right to My house.

i think its funny , i hope that the libs widdle kids get hammered .

Well, If Hitler had invaded Poland with poor Germans and never intended to acclimate but pressed on and ignored Polish culture, then went on to Czechoslovakia or to France, but let's say Hitler never used stukas but instead used passive aggressive means like ...immigration, instead. Think about it.

We are talking about children.
Children are involved here. What is disgusting is that their parents are using them as pawns.

I don't think so.

They are no different then many parents around the world...including America.

They are trying their best to provide a better future for their children.

Whether you agree or not doesn't change the fact that the children didn't have a choice in the matter.

These are people who were brought to the US as CHILDREN. Not their choice. For many - America is the only culture they know. They are as American as you or I...just don't have the right papers.

This is not a huge group of people - and they are people who are in school or employed or in the military - people making a go of it. The kind of people who define what it is to be American. They are working at or being educated for feilds such as teaching, nursing, law, medicine...kind of what we need.

And...I hesitantly commend Trump for at least finding it a STRUGGLE between his heart and his campaign promise.

I hope his heart wins.

Congress MUST address comprehensive immigration reform. The only reason Obama ordered DACA was because Congress WOULD NOT DO IT.

Immigration to this country should be meticulous and difficult. We WANT to make it difficult so that WE can control the riff-raff that exists in the world and keep them from coming here. This is not uncompassionate. It is NOT compassionate to allow just anyone entry.

Now, for the children of illegals. If they were not born here, they leave with their parents, grandparents. If they were born here then a few considerations have to be addressed.

1. Are they minors unable to fend for themselves? If so, they get a social security number with associated documentation, and when they come of age, they can return to their home country; or they become wards of the State.
2. If they are at or above the age of emancipation, then they can remain and work or school themselves into a good life like the rest of us.

Any consideration about 'separating children from parents' will be treated as the crap argument it is. We don't care about separating parents and children when parents commit crimes and go to jail. Treat it the same way.

If a family were to barge into someone's home and began eating the food, abusing the hospitality, running up the bills, you'd kick them out of the house. You would NOT kick out just the adults and allow the kids to remain, would you? Interlopers are interlopers, end of story.

Please refrain from insulting people with this, "Have a heart" specious argument. This is about Americans, where is your heart for them?

So if a "family" barged in you would jail the children with the parents for the same crime?

Talk about "insulting".
I would deport the children along with the parents, period. They have no right to My house.

I don't believe they are entering "your house".

If they committed NO WRONG - what lesson are they being taught?

That if (speaking as the child) my mom and dad can get away with breaking the law, so can I.

???? If your mom robbed a bank, and you were in a car seat in the gettaway car...are you culpable?
Why do you insist on asking the most juvenile fucking questions?

If mom steals food from the local store to feed her child is the child allowed to keep the food?

Use your fucking brain for once. We have laws. Laws do not operate based on the emotional strings of the witless

Is the child culpable?

It's a BASIC question.

Not to mention are you seriously going to take food from the child?

You have accused others in this thread of being heartless, but with all due respect, Coyote, what I find heartless is using children as a tool to advance an agenda. It tells me that you, or anyone of like mind, lack a convincing argument of your own as to why we should keep them here with their parents. Never will you consider the legal and moral ramifications, just the emotional ones. That makes for quite the paltry argument.

If they committed NO WRONG - what lesson are they being taught?

That if (speaking as the child) my mom and dad can get away with breaking the law, so can I.

???? If your mom robbed a bank, and you were in a car seat in the gettaway car...are you culpable?

If mom steals food from the local store to feed her child is the child allowed to keep the food?

Use your fucking brain for once. We have laws. Laws do not operate based on the emotional strings of the witless

Is the child culpable?

It's a BASIC question.

You have accused others in this thread of being heartless, but with all due respect, Coyote, what I find heartless is using children as a tool to advance an agenda. It tells me that you, or anyone of like mind, lack a convincing argument of your own as to why we should keep them here with their parents. Never will you consider the legal and moral ramifications, just the emotional ones. That makes for quite the paltry argument.

How is it using them as a "tool"? Be specific.

In my mind they had NO CHOICE in coming here. They were raised here, in this culture and are as American as you or I.

Why NOT let them stay? And - HOW is THAT "using them as a tool"?

I hope his heart wins.

Talk about "insulting".

Yes, they are. They have barged in, uninvited and against all the rules, and made themselves at home. They are NOT welcome.

The legal argument is simple: children are not culpable for the crimes of their parents.

I hope his heart wins.

Talk about "insulting".

Yes, they are. They have barged in, uninvited and against all the rules, and made themselves at home. They are NOT welcome.

You don't own America.

Is the child culpable?

It's a BASIC question.

In my mind they had NO CHOICE in coming here. They were raised here, in this culture and are as American as you or I.

A baby created of rape HAD NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER but you support his abortion do you not?

Get bent hypocrite

I hope his heart wins.

Can't run a society on emotion. I hate it for them, but the incentive has to stop.
America and her laws matter.
Deport them all.

Emotion matters none?
Not when it comes to ACTUALLY solving problems.

Well, that kind of makes my case. It's not simply "emotion". These kids are exactly the kind of people we want in immigrants - higher education, employed, military service....
------------------------------------------ yeah , thats the ticket , give guns and authority to people that a large percentage of REAL Americans don't like . Build the 'fifth column' and give them guns and authority eh Coyote .

Is the child culpable?

It's a BASIC question.

A baby created of rape HAD NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER but you support his abortion do you not?

Get bent hypocrite

I thought you were done with me?

Children didn't have a choice when Dad decides to rob a bank either. The children don't get to keep the new bikes he bought them with the proceeds.

This is precisely why this kind of crime is repeated and repeated. The adults believe they should not be punished. So how about a compromise. Deport the parents, take them out of the nursing homes, hospitals, gently take grandchildren out of their arms, put them on a bus and ship them right back to wherever they came from. The children who came here illegally can never become citizens. They can become residents only. They will never be able to apply for sponsorship for parental immigration.

The DACA children were given two years to apply for residency and didn't do it. If they haven't they should go. They don't care enough.

That is exceedingly gentle treatment. My preference would be to tattoo them across the face with "Illegal" and send them back. If they return, shot on sight.

Talk about "insulting".

You don't own America.
I don't have to. The laws are clear and specific. I also have as much right as anyone to stand up and be heard. They are law breakers and are taking away from America. I'll side with America over them.

Talk about "insulting".

You don't own America.
I don't have to. The laws are clear and specific. I also have as much right as anyone to stand up and be heard. They are law breakers and are taking away from America. I'll side with America over them.

I side with America.

Forum List

Back