Dad's pistol license suspended because of something his 10 year old said in school

What would you consider to be an objective version of events?

One that includes more than one person's account/perspective

Silly to swallow hook, line and sinker one person's account. Especially if that one person is the one who got punished.

For example: Ever hear an inmate say he/she was framed? That they're innocent?

Not saying this is not a case of regulation gone wild and I'm not saying this is a case of a person claiming they were treated unfairly and giving a very dishonest account to justify that opinion. When you only hear one side like this, you can't know what the real story is.

Should I point out the obvious fact that the story does contain more than one person's account of the incident? I guess that means your problem is that you don't like anything that makes the government look bad.

No it doesn't.
The U.S. government looks bad a lot - and that's been going on my entire life.
But for me - it's not a partisan issue.
I understand how extremists are always trying to jump on every little thing and turn it into a partisan attack. They are useful idiots who dutifully engage in the blame game that their masters require in order to avoid the fix-it game which would cause so many heads to roll.

Only right wing nutter sites are reporting it.

I bet it turns out to be bullshit

and they are all quoting the Blaze article (the one source) which relies completely on what the father told them.

It's like relying on Jesse Jackson's blog to give you the complete picture of the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Silly to swallow hook, line and sinker one person's account. Especially if that one person is the one who got punished.

Not saying this is not a case of regulation gone wild and I'm not saying this is a case of a person claiming they were treated unfairly and giving a very dishonest account to justify that opinion. When you only hear one side like this, you can't know what the real story is.

Should I point out the obvious fact that the story does contain more than one person's account of the incident? I guess that means your problem is that you don't like anything that makes the government look bad.

No it doesn't.
I understand how extremists are always trying to jump on every little thing and turn it into a partisan attack. They are useful idiots who dutifully engage in the blame game that their masters require in order to avoid the fix-it game which would cause so many heads to roll.
You are full of shit you are a fucking partisan
What is your approval rating of obama?
Between 1 and 10 with 1 being the lowest.

A story from that lunatic pig Glenn Beck with no corroborating evidence... mkay.

I'm the one that reported to story and brought it to the Blaze's attention. Like I said, you can confirm with the Suffolk County Police Department if you doubt this story.

The reason that Blaze is the only source is because it's the only source I reported to, other than Newsday, who is in Wall Street's back pocket.

Last edited:

No it doesn't.

My personal rating is about 6. What has that got to do with anything? Stick to spewing your vulgarities at your wife and kids. You know absolutely nothing about me - you'd just like to believe I'm something other than what I really am so you don't have to be so butt-hurt when I embarass your stupidest a$$ all over this forum.

No it doesn't.

My personal rating is about 6. What has that got to do with anything? Stick to spewing your vulgarities at your wife and kids. You know absolutely nothing about me - you'd just like to believe I'm something other than what I really am so you don't have to be so butt-hurt when I embarass your stupidest a$$ all over this forum.

You are a fucking partisan if you gave obama more than a 3

No it doesn't.

Hmm. THAT'S embarrassing. And "stupidest".

Didnt see anything about how his weapons were stored. If the guy had them in a gun safe that should have been the end of it.
If they were sitting in the closet I would be a little more concerned,but only to the point of assuring that everything was kosher in the family and that he be required to purchase a gun safe.
It still amazes me that my old man kept a 45 in his nightstand (everything else was locked up)and my brother and I knew it was there. And he knew we knew.
But I wouldnt have touched that pistol with a ten foot pole without permission.

Didnt see anything about how his weapons were stored. If the guy had them in a gun safe that should have been the end of it.

Criminal breaks into your house:

"Wait, give me time to open my gun safe so I can defend my home"

Criminal - "lawl die nub"

---------------------------------------------

Easiest way to keep guns away from your kids - Carry them with you at all times, lock your door when you go to bed.

A gun safe is fine for other weapons that you wouldn't normally use, like rifles or shotguns, those weapons are for tyrannical self defense. Also, having your sidearm would give you enough time to access those weapons in your gun safe if you really needed them for regular self defense (like the M13 gang assault on this man's house, see link below)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/07/long-island-man-arrested-for-defending-home-with-ak-47/

Last edited:
You have a teacher who overheard what he believed to be a threat to another student, and you have a father who doesn't have a pistol license, and you people automatically jump on the fathers side of things. Talk about bias.

The teacher did the right thing - if he didn't, what if the student DID get a gun and hurt someone? The problem is the reaction from the local authorities.

Are you suggesting that the father's lack of a pistol license preceded the teacher hearing the child talk about a BB gun?

Or are you suggesting that it's correct for a man to lose his license for 8 years because his child talks about a gun at school?

Or?

You have a teacher who overheard what he believed to be a threat to another student, and you have a father who doesn't have a pistol license, and you people automatically jump on the fathers side of things. Talk about bias.

The teacher did the right thing - if he didn't, what if the student DID get a gun and hurt someone? The problem is the reaction from the local authorities.

Is that what I have? I thought I had a parent that was punished because of something a teacher thought they heard, it turns out that the punishment never really happened because Noomi declares that the father never had what got taken away.

I feel so much better.

No it doesn't.

I did not say it is partisan, you did.

The obvious taken care of, you seem to have a knee jerk response that defends the government. I also notice you did not answer the question, or admit that there is more than one person giving his version of events.

If they were sitting in the closet I would be a little more concerned,but only to the point of assuring that everything was kosher in the family and that he be required to purchase a gun safe.
It still amazes me that my old man kept a 45 in his nightstand (everything else was locked up)and my brother and I knew it was there. And he knew we knew.

New York requires a license to own pistols, no matter how they are stored.

Criminal breaks into your house:

"Wait, give me time to open my gun safe so I can defend my home"

Criminal - "lawl die nub"

---------------------------------------------

Easiest way to keep guns away from your kids - Carry them with you at all times, lock your door when you go to bed.

A gun safe is fine for other weapons that you wouldn't normally use, like rifles or shotguns, those weapons are for tyrannical self defense. Also, having your sidearm would give you enough time to access those weapons in your gun safe if you really needed them for regular self defense (like the M13 gang assault on this man's house, see link below)

Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47 « CBS New York

I keep all my weapons locked except for the 870 shorty. I suppose I could leave guns out all over the house since I dont have kids. But then you spend all your time locking them up everytime you leave the house.
If they steal the 870 I ain't out much.

New York requires a license to own pistols, no matter how they are stored.

Then I feel sorry for him.

this story is bullshit unless the op could provide a independent newswire link, a poster brought it to my attention in another forum when I posted this story from the blaze on it. He couldnt find one and I just tried to find one after searching for 10 minutes... just forum gossip. topic fail unless proof.

Forum List

Back