Daily Animal Medicine Cards for USMB

20 minutes! And if you wanna go to bed, just check in the morning before you go to work. :)

I shuffle, think USMB USMB...focus on the cards, shuffle again, then pull one. I do it at exactly 12:01. :)

Then I have to type it all out, find what else I can post about the animal, then a pic. By then, it is usuall 12:13am.
However, since some are waiting tonight, I will just post the animal's message so you can read it, then as you are, I will edit it to add the rest of the generic animal traits.

Last edited:
I think I was drawn to this due to it being Animals speaking to us. :)

You two have made me smile tonight. I thought nobody was really interested.
Happy dance. :)

Today's messenger on 3/4/14 is from WEASEL (contrary...meaning upside down):

Is contrary Weasel in your cards? If so, look out for intrique. Someone may be using covert tactics to Weasel into the hen house. Perhaps you should lock your doors and dress your teenager like a nun. Or perhaps you may be lying to yourself about something you know to be true. This can be a lie on any level, for instance, storming the refrigerator at 3 AM and telling yourself no will miss the half eaten portion of the pie. If you scratch someone else's automobile in a parking lot, leave a note. Don't slink away just because you can. Honest to self and others is of the utmost importance.
Another message of contrary Weasel is to acknowledge why you have been doubting your feelings. Weasel upright observes all actions, feelings and situations with keen senses. In the contrary, those abilities of obvservation are dulled until confusion sets in. When you don't know how you feel or what is occurring around you, doubt becomes the barrier to your progress. Then you may find a bit of paranoia seeping into your life.
If you want to right the situation, start by shaking the dullness out of your head and observing the obvious. No one can fool you if you watch your step, honor your knowing, seek the "hidden reason," and use discretion in the process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More about Weasel:

Weasel Animal Totem: Stealth

This totem is a difficult power totem to have. It is a rare gift and great ability. Weasel medicine can teach you to find out secrets through the power of silent observation. Most Weasel people are loners, graceful, solitary and silent. They are very intelligent. People do not see their power immediately and often underestimate them. A Weasel totem will awaken your innate ability for observation. Trust your own instincts and you will avoid trouble and pursue your goals to greatest success. Use your Weasel medicine to observe what or who needs attention and offer assistance in your quiet or discreet way. Be cautious in business ventures and dig beneath the surface before committing. Weasel people are fiercely protective of their homes and families.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1138703~Weasel-Mustela-Nivalis-Europe-Posters.jpg

Last edited:
There seems to be something in the description of every animal that I can relate to in some way. I like that. :)

Just a heads up...I don't know if I will be awake at midnight tonight and I can't draw a card before that because it would supercede today's messenger. So....one will still be forthcoming but not necessarily at midnight. I will try though. But if I can't....then I will do it around noon tomorrow.

Just a heads up...I don't know if I will be awake at midnight tonight and I can't draw a card before that because it would supercede today's messenger. So....one will still be forthcoming but not necessarily at midnight. I will try though. But if I can't....then I will do it around noon tomorrow.

Not a problem for me, I probably won't be awake at midnight, either.

Looks like I will be. I fell asleep. Which means...I will be up LATE. So yep....messenger tonight at midnight. :)

I like doing them right after midnight cuz that gives the whole day for folks to muse on the message. :)

Today's messenger (3/5/14) is from BLACK PANTHER. This is not in my medicine card list, so I had to go look for it's message on the internet.

Of all the panthers, the black panther has the greatest mysticism associated with it. It is a symbol of the mother, the dark moon and the power of the night. The black panther encourages all to understand the shadow powers available to everyone, to acknowledge these powers and to eliminate your fears of the darkness.

The Black Panther is a very powerful and ancient totem. It is generally associated with a particular species of leopard or jaguar although the cougar is also referred to as panther. As with most of the large cats, the panther is a symbol of ferocity and valour. It embodies aggressiveness and power, though without the solar significance. In the case of the Black Panther, there is definitely a lunar significance. The panther has over 500 voluntary muscles that they are capable of using at will. This reflects a great deal about an individual who has such animals as a totem. It reflects an ability to do a variety of tasks as he or she wills. It is simply a matter of deciding and putting to use those particular “muscles,” be they physical, mental, psychic, or spiritual. As a whole panthers are loners (solitary) although they do associate with others, they are most comfortable by themselves or within their own marked territory. They are drawn to those individuals who are likewise often solitary.

Panther is secretive, silent, and graceful in there every move. They are solitary by choice, they will tell little though listens much. They are careful not to share too much information, only enough to ease curious minds.

Of all the panthers, probably the Black Panther has the greatest mysticism associated with it. It is the symbol of the feminine, the dark mother, the dark of the moon. It is the symbol for the life and power of the night. It is a symbol of the feminine energies manifest upon the earth. It is often a symbol of darkness, death, and rebirth from out of it. There still exists in humanity a primitive fear of the dark and of death. The Black Panther helps you to understand the dark and death and the inherent powers of them; and thus by acknowledging them, eliminate your fears and learn to use the powers. In China there were five mythic cats, sometimes painted like tigers or leopards. The black reigns in the north with winter as its season of power, and water its most effective element. This is the element of the feminine. This is the totem of greater assertion of feminine in all her aspects: child, virgin, seductress, mother, warrioress, seers, and the old wise woman.

The Black Panther often signals a time of rebirth after a period of suffering and death on some level. This implies that an old issue may finally begin to be resolved, or even that old longstanding wounds will finally begin to heal, and with the healing will come a reclaiming of power that was lost at the time of wounding. Also, the Black Panther is very mystical, she finds the most power in darkness. Black Panther understands death and teaches humans not to fear it, for out of death comes rebirth.

The Black Panther animal totem asks you these questions:
What is your Shadow Self attempting to tell you?
Are your passions assisting or hindering you at this time?
Are you still on the accurate spiritual path for yourself?
Are you choosing to suppress latent desires?
Are you choosing to put others requirements before your own to the point of self-disregard?
Are you choosing to be mindful of your movements, both physical and sensational?
Are you choosing to be defensive? Who or what are you protecting and why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Black Panther-Astral travel, guardian energy, symbol of the feminine, understanding of death, reclaiming ones power, ability to know the dark, death and rebirth.

To the Native peoples of North and South America, the jaguar especially in the form of the Black Panther, was endowed with great magic and power. The jaguar panther climbs, runs, and swims, even superiour to that of the tiger. For the reason that it is capable of functioning so well in so many areas, it became the symbol of mastery over all dimensions. To the Tucano Indians of the Amazon, the roar of the jaguar was the roar of thunder. Thus the Black Panther was the god of darkness and was capable of causing eclipses by swallowing the sun. This reflects the tremendous power inherent within the feminine forces. To those with the panther as a totem, this power will increasingly be experienced.

The Black Panther marks a new turn in the heroic path of those to whom it comes. It truly reflects more than just coming into one’s own power. Rather it reflects a reclaiming of that which was lost and an intimate connection with the great archetypal force behind it. It gives an ability to go beyond what has been imagined, with opportunity to do so with discipline and control. It is the spirit of imminent rebirth.

Panther people have a broader vision. Panther medicine gives them a deeper insight, both spiritually and psychically. Their enhanced perspective lets them see things in close detail or from a distance. Panthers enter the world enlightened whereas others have to work to achieve that.

The ancient Egyptians used the Black Panther tail worn around the neck to strengthen or protect the individual. It was also called the “thousand eyed Argos” that protected Zeus’s animals. This totem brings guardian energy and a new awakening.

Native peoples of North and South America have a myth, which most of the totems are taken from, Black Panther is feared and respected, and in some is regarded as the Protector of the universe. The Zuni believed that the ancient ones wanted the world to be guarded by those keen of sight and scent. The puma (the greatest of them) was the sentinel of the north (the most important position). The Miwoks believed him to be the ideal hunter, while the Apaches and Hualapais thought her wailing was the omen of death. In Navajo myth a hero was wounded by witch objects shot into his body. Puma extracts them and save his life. They also thought that the Puma benefited them by leaving the superiour part of the portion of its kill for the people to eat. Conversely the Papago and the later white settlers considered the cougar a flesh eating beast. The Inca hunted many animals in great round-ups where they would hunt the hunter. They found it much easier to catch bear and deer in the rounds-ups then panthers. To many Native people it was both a Totem and a source of help for hunting and warfare. In fact the Hopi and Zuni took carved mountain lions when hunting deer in hopes that they would be as good at it as the mountain lion was. In many cultures the puma was often deified for its ability to hunt.

black-panther-2.jpg

Last edited:
They are solitary by choice, they will tell little though listens much. They are careful not to share too much information, only enough to ease curious minds.

I can relate to this. I love these messages, Gracie. Very cool. :)

Forum List

Back