Dallas GOP candidate will pay his kids to only marry white

..... I do have pride in my ethnicity/heritage/culture.

What, exactly and specifically, does that mean?

What part are you confused about?

Not confused, interested in your perspective.

General pride in accomplishments and qualities, past and present.

Varying with scale of accomplishment and connection to myself.

The things you listed in your answer are things that are shared with various others of different ethnicity/heritage/culture.
They take pride in them, as well.

First of all, You did go beyond what I actually said.

"Got it, no pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture." I didn't say not pride, it is just not the focus of my pride.
"...or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?" Nothing I said even hinted at that.

You liberals like to keep things vague. I asked a very simple question twice and did not get a clear response either time.

I still don't have one. YOu still are giving yourself wiggle room.

"Nothing I said even hinted at that"?

I DIDN'T SAY YOU DID. I AM ASKING YOU A QUESTION. DO YOU UNDERSTAND "QUESTION"?

"do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?"

To be clear, I am asking that question. It is a yes or no question. I do not believe you are capable of answering it, but well, never mind why I am asking it anyways.

As for the accusations that I am a liberal, and considering your obvious opinion of liberals, it is not as if you are playing neutral.

I'm not pretending to play "neutral" and you are a liberal. Your behavior leaves no doubt about that.

If you want to label me a liberal, that is your label and your need....

Standard liberal tactic. Pretending that the "issue" is something "wrong" with the conservative you are engaged with.

My question. AGAIN.

"do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?"
I believe children should be allowed to make their own decisions as to who they marry

Would you support your hypothetical daughter marrying into the Amish faith, with their shit lifestyles, no Social Security, and male dominated social structure?

Or is it, would you support her marrying into the Amish faith or would you disown her and cut her out of your will for doing so?

I would strongly oppose her marrying into such a crappy culture and religion.

I'm not sure what steps I would take to oppose it. In our society obviously adult children are free to make their own choices.

We don't have to celebrate them if we believe them to be wrong.

As for me, if my daughter truly wanted to live in an Amish marriage and lifestyle, and I could see it was what would make her happy, I would support her and love her just the same. Just because it is not what I want (or want for her) does not mean it is not a valid choice. I would want to understand why. But I can see the appeal of a strong faith, simple life, and a close community. As long as it is her choice, not one forced on her.

The things you listed in your answer are things that are shared with various others of different ethnicity/heritage/culture.

Indeed they do. That is why I have referred to it as national pride more than pride based on ethnicity/heritage/culture.

THAT was an interesting response.

I asked you a question, and in your mind, asking that question is an accusation...

That is very revealing about how liberals think.

But regardless, it is not how I think. (but thanks for the insight)

I asked you the question, because I wanted to know the answer. This is not a thinly veiled accusation, like you guys do.

NOr is it a stupid gotcha question. Like you guys do.

In your mind, is that a individual personal choice or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?

AND, also, yes, I do have pride in my ethnicity/heritage/culture.

"Got it, no pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture." I didn't say not pride, it is just not the focus of my pride.
"...or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?" Nothing I said even hinted at that.

You liberals like to keep things vague. I asked a very simple question twice and did not get a clear response either time.

To be clear, I am asking that question. It is a yes or no question. I do not believe you are capable of answering it, but well, never mind why I am asking it anyways.

As for the accusations that I am a liberal, and considering your obvious opinion of liberals, it is not as if you are playing neutral.

I'm not pretending to play "neutral" and you are a liberal. Your behavior leaves no doubt about that.

Standard liberal tactic. Pretending that the "issue" is something "wrong" with the conservative you are engaged with.

My question. AGAIN.

I have pretended nothing of the kind. I answered what I think and believe.

It is not credible that you believe me commenting on your political persuasion is a "need" of mine.

I have no opinion about whether someone else should or should not have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture.

So, in your opinion, the Dallas man who is concerned about his descendants sharing his ethnicity/heritage/culture, you have no opinion AGAINST that.

Got it.
I have not said anything thing about you being wrong or a conservative being wrong. Quite the contrary, I have tried to express my views without denigrating yours. Something you have not bothered to do. YOu simply label people a liberal as a way of dismissing them, whether the facts fit or not.

I have not dismissed your or your views. I sort of complained about your evasiveness, which I've found to be a common liberal trait.

And yes, I have a strong negative opinion about it.

As a matter of fact, I have asked several times exactly what it is you have pride in. YOu have not answered me either. By your standards, doesn't that make you a liberal?

I find it somewhat offensive that liberals refuse to answer questions, yet expect their questions to be answered. It reveals an level of entitlement that I find, well, let's leave it at that. ANd I did answer, with a few examples.

I am a classic conservative. I believe in the individual, not generalities. I believe we each make our own lives.

Yeah, with your style. I'm finding that very hard to believe.

And since I did answer the first question you asked me, before you continue your rant about me not answering subsequent questions, perhaps you would answer the one I asked you first?

Lost track. Which was that?

YOu have trouble believing that I believe in individuals and that we each make our own lives? What have I posted that is contrary to that?[/QUOTE]

As I said, your style reeks of liberal. And as such, I have trouble believing your claims.

Hell, the way that I clearly said "WITH YOUR STYLE" and then you ask me what I based my doubt on?

That is exactly the type of thing a liberal would do.

I have not refused to answer any question. YOu want me to say whether I think it is wrong to have pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture. I have no opinion on that whatsoever. And I am not going to pretend to have an opinion just to answer your question.

YOu could have said that the first time I asked the question. Or the second.

And my question was asking you what it is you have such pride in. You answered, after a while. You have a great deal of national pride.

Except that American Whites and America have an interestingly intertwined history.

In the 1950s, for example, when America was almost 90% White, conflating National and Racial culture would have made sense. Minority culture and contributions would have been a SUB CULTURE of the larger national and mostly white one.

TODAY, America is far too diverse to do that, so one has to distinguish between NATIONAL culture, and White culture.

SO, for example, putting a Man on the Moon was a national accomplishment. But it was also a White accomplishment.

I asked you a question, and in your mind, asking that question is an accusation...

I asked you the question, because I wanted to know the answer. This is not a thinly veiled accusation, like you guys do.

In your mind, is that a individual personal choice or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?

My question. AGAIN.

I believe children should be allowed to make their own decisions as to who they marry

Would you support your hypothetical daughter marrying into the Amish faith, with their shit lifestyles, no Social Security, and male dominated social structure?
She doesn't have children. Real life is a theory to her.

RW is a chick?

..... I do have pride in my ethnicity/heritage/culture.

To varying degrees.

Indeed they do. That is why I have referred to it as national pride more than pride based on ethnicity/heritage/culture.
It could be any pride. Tribal heritage, a subculture within a nation. Your gang. Your family. Your ethnicity. Lots of things.

My question. AGAIN.

She doesn't have children. Real life is a theory to her.

RW is a chick?
;)

My question. AGAIN.

Or is it, would you support her marrying into the Amish faith or would you disown her and cut her out of your will for doing so?

I'm not sure what steps I would take to oppose it. In our society obviously adult children are free to make their own choices.

As for me, if my daughter truly wanted to live in an Amish marriage and lifestyle, and I could see it was what would make her happy, I would support her and love her just the same. Just because it is not what I want (or want for her) does not mean it is not a valid choice. I would want to understand why. But I can see the appeal of a strong faith, simple life, and a close community. As long as it is her choice, not one forced on her.

I take it you haven't heard of the high levels of spousal abuse.

Got it, no pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture.

Exactly what is it that you have so much pride in?

And I never said anything about anyone else having pride in anything. I spoke about what I believe. I did not address anyone else's pride.

So I am assuming you have pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture?

My question. AGAIN.

I don't think people should get married until they are grown up.

My question. AGAIN.

It is not credible that you believe me commenting on your political persuasion is a "need" of mine.

I have no opinion about whether someone else should or should not have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture.

So, in your opinion, the Dallas man who is concerned about his descendants sharing his ethnicity/heritage/culture, you have no opinion AGAINST that.

Got it.
I have not said anything thing about you being wrong or a conservative being wrong. Quite the contrary, I have tried to express my views without denigrating yours. Something you have not bothered to do. YOu simply label people a liberal as a way of dismissing them, whether the facts fit or not.

I have not dismissed your or your views. I sort of complained about your evasiveness, which I've found to be a common liberal trait.

As a matter of fact, I have asked several times exactly what it is you have pride in. YOu have not answered me either. By your standards, doesn't that make you a liberal?

I find it somewhat offensive that liberals refuse to answer questions, yet expect their questions to be answered. It reveals an level of entitlement that I find, well, let's leave it at that. ANd I did answer, with a few examples.

I am a classic conservative. I believe in the individual, not generalities. I believe we each make our own lives.

And since I did answer the first question you asked me, before you continue your rant about me not answering subsequent questions, perhaps you would answer the one I asked you first?

YOu have trouble believing that I believe in individuals and that we each make our own lives? What have I posted that is contrary to that?

As I said, your style reeks of liberal. And as such, I have trouble believing your claims.

Hell, the way that I clearly said "WITH YOUR STYLE" and then you ask me what I based my doubt on?

I have not refused to answer any question. YOu want me to say whether I think it is wrong to have pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture. I have no opinion on that whatsoever. And I am not going to pretend to have an opinion just to answer your question.

And my question was asking you what it is you have such pride in. You answered, after a while. You have a great deal of national pride.

Except that American Whites and America have an interestingly intertwined history.

In the 1950s, for example, when America was almost 90% White, conflating National and Racial culture would have made sense. Minority culture and contributions would have been a SUB CULTURE of the larger national and mostly white one.

TODAY, America is far too diverse to do that, so one has to distinguish between NATIONAL culture, and White culture.

SO, for example, putting a Man on the Moon was a national accomplishment. But it was also a White accomplishment.[/QUOTE]

So when you ask me a question about which I have no opinion, I am required to immediately answer that I have no opinion. Good rule to know.

Yes, America was predominantly white. But the hundreds of blacks that died in WWII paid the ultimate price. My family had men who fought in WWII. I am proud of what they did. I am also proud of what every American who fought in the war did. And I am most proud of those who paid with their lives to stop fascism and preserve freedom.

And as for putting a man on the moon, one of the very important people in that quest was a black woman who was a mathematician. Without her it might never have happened. So it was not a strictly white accomplishment. It was an American accomplishment.

I take it you haven't heard of the high levels of spousal abuse.

I have not read much about them. But since my daughter has no interest in joining them, it is academic.

Anyone who abuses my daughter can expect the same treatment from me.

To varying degrees.

Since I celebrate the accomplishments and have pride in them as American accomplishments, there is no "varying degrees".

My question. AGAIN.

Got it.

YOu have trouble believing that I believe in individuals and that we each make our own lives? What have I posted that is contrary to that?

SO, for example, putting a Man on the Moon was a national accomplishment. But it was also a White accomplishment.

So when you ask me a question about which I have no opinion, I am required to immediately answer that I have no opinion. Good rule to know.

Yes, America was predominantly white. But the hundreds of blacks that died in WWII paid the ultimate price. My family had men who fought in WWII. I am proud of what they did. I am also proud of what every American who fought in the war did. And I am most proud of those who paid with their lives to stop fascism and preserve freedom.

And as for putting a man on the moon, one of the very important people in that quest was a black woman who was a mathematician. Without her it might never have happened. So it was not a strictly white accomplishment. It was an American accomplishment.[/QUOTE]

Oh, and one more tidbit. The difference in the black population in 1950 and 2010 is minor. In 1950 blacks were roughly 10% of the population. In 2010 they were roughly 12.5% of the population.

He should have purchased suitable POCmarks for his children to marry. How DARE he dispose of his money the way he sees fit.
I don't give a diddly as to how he disposes of his money. But I do care about his attitudes toward his fellow Americans, and would not vote for someone that bigoted.

To varying degrees.

Since I celebrate the accomplishments and have pride in them as American accomplishments, there is no "varying degrees".

Tell me this guy,

portrait-of-young-black-guy-using-modern-e-cig-vaporizer-device-for-G381WG.jpg

feels the same degree of connection to this guy

US-man-on-the-moon-1280x720.jpg

That I do.

Before any of these rich white daddy's go there, find out first has your daughter already dipped in the chocolate pond....chance are your too late.:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Got it.

Try to answer questions clearly. You didn't already have that as a rule?

OK. ME too.

And as for putting a man on the moon, one of the very important people in that quest was a black woman who was a mathematician. Without her it might never have happened. So it was not a strictly white accomplishment. It was an American accomplishment.

As I said. A national accomplishment. I assume you knew that, before I said it. But Thanks.

Oh, and one more tidbit. The difference in the black population in 1950 and 2010 is minor. In 1950 blacks were roughly 10% of the population. In 2010 they were roughly 12.5% of the population.

O.K.

Am I missing something? Why did you share that?

Exactly what is it that you have so much pride in?

And I never said anything about anyone else having pride in anything. I spoke about what I believe. I did not address anyone else's pride.

So I am assuming you have pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture?

My question. AGAIN.

Why wouldn’t I?

To varying degrees.

Tell me this guy,

portrait-of-young-black-guy-using-modern-e-cig-vaporizer-device-for-G381WG.jpg

feels the same degree of connection to this guy

US-man-on-the-moon-1280x720.jpg

That I do.

I'm nit going to tell you what anyone else feels. And if you do you are guessing.

Forum List

Back