Dallas GOP candidate will pay his kids to only marry white

Do you have liking of or pride in your ethnic/heritage/culture?

I have no problem with my ethnicity/heritage/culture. But my pride is mainly about things I have actually done or became.

Got it, no pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture.

In your mind, is that a individual personal choice or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?

Exactly what is it that you have so much pride in?

And I never said anything about anyone else having pride in anything. I spoke about what I believe. I did not address anyone else's pride.

So I am assuming you have pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture?

THAT was an interesting response.

I asked you a question, and in your mind, asking that question is an accusation...

That is very revealing about how liberals think.

But regardless, it is not how I think. (but thanks for the insight)

I asked you the question, because I wanted to know the answer. This is not a thinly veiled accusation, like you guys do.

NOr is it a stupid gotcha question. Like you guys do.

In your mind, is that a individual personal choice or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?

AND, also, yes, I do have pride in my ethnicity/heritage/culture.

First of all, You did go beyond what I actually said.

"Got it, no pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture." I didn't say not pride, it is just not the focus of my pride.
"...or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?" Nothing I said even hinted at that.

You liberals like to keep things vague. I asked a very simple question twice and did not get a clear response either time.

I still don't have one. YOu still are giving yourself wiggle room.

"Nothing I said even hinted at that"?

I DIDN'T SAY YOU DID. I AM ASKING YOU A QUESTION. DO YOU UNDERSTAND "QUESTION"?

"do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?"

To be clear, I am asking that question. It is a yes or no question. I do not believe you are capable of answering it, but well, never mind why I am asking it anyways.

As for the accusations that I am a liberal, and considering your obvious opinion of liberals, it is not as if you are playing neutral.

I'm not pretending to play "neutral" and you are a liberal. Your behavior leaves no doubt about that.

If you want to label me a liberal, that is your label and your need....

Standard liberal tactic. Pretending that the "issue" is something "wrong" with the conservative you are engaged with.

My question. AGAIN.

"do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?"

From the site:

In 2010, Cunningham established a living trust for his children, the terms of which suggest a personal problem with diversity. The trust provides financial distributions to his children if they reach certain milestones, including marriage to someone who is white, Christian and of the opposite sex.

"Suggest a personal problem with diversity", that's a nice way to put it.

:laugh:

So if your daughter marries a wife beater......she cashes in

I have no problem with my ethnicity/heritage/culture. But my pride is mainly about things I have actually done or became.

And I never said anything about anyone else having pride in anything. I spoke about what I believe. I did not address anyone else's pride.

I asked you a question, and in your mind, asking that question is an accusation...

I asked you the question, because I wanted to know the answer. This is not a thinly veiled accusation, like you guys do.

"Got it, no pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture." I didn't say not pride, it is just not the focus of my pride.
"...or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?" Nothing I said even hinted at that.

You liberals like to keep things vague. I asked a very simple question twice and did not get a clear response either time.

To be clear, I am asking that question. It is a yes or no question. I do not believe you are capable of answering it, but well, never mind why I am asking it anyways.

As for the accusations that I am a liberal, and considering your obvious opinion of liberals, it is not as if you are playing neutral.

I'm not pretending to play "neutral" and you are a liberal. Your behavior leaves no doubt about that.

Standard liberal tactic. Pretending that the "issue" is something "wrong" with the conservative you are engaged with.

My question. AGAIN.

I believe children should be allowed to make their own decisions as to who they marry

My question. AGAIN.

I have pretended nothing of the kind. I answered what I think and believe. I have no opinion about whether someone else should or should not have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture. I have not said anything thing about you being wrong or a conservative being wrong. Quite the contrary, I have tried to express my views without denigrating yours. Something you have not bothered to do. YOu simply label people a liberal as a way of dismissing them, whether the facts fit or not.

As a matter of fact, I have asked several times exactly what it is you have pride in. YOu have not answered me either. By your standards, doesn't that make you a liberal?

I am a classic conservative. I believe in the individual, not generalities. I believe we each make our own lives.

And since I did answer the first question you asked me, before you continue your rant about me not answering subsequent questions, perhaps you would answer the one I asked you first?

My question. AGAIN.

I believe children should be allowed to make their own decisions as to who they marry
These children are free to marry whoever will have them, when they come of age.

Do you have liking of or pride in your ethnic/heritage/culture?

Now, as for your pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture, exactly what are you proud of? It seems to me that you had no control or say in any of it. Whatever accomplishments your ethnicity/heritage/culture may have, they are not your accomplishments. They are accomplishments of people who, like you had no control or say in their genetics. And having the same ethnicity/heritage/culture doesn't really connect you except by ways you imagine.

Yes and no, depending.

I'm proud of the US putting a Man on the Moon, but I had nothing to do with that.

ON the other hand, I am proud of my father and uncles, who were part of America's fight against Imperalism and fascism, in WWII. I am definitely "connected" to them.

On another hand, I am proud of America's winning of the Cold War, which I was part of, in a very, very small way.

Soooo, what?

I can feel pride in virtually every accomplishment of the human race. I can share the joy of any human being.

So, you can feel pride in every accomplishment of the human race, but you cannot understand me feeling pride in the accomplishments of my ethnicity/culture/heritage?

That is really strange.

I can also be repelled by the hatred and violence of any human against another human based on such trivial characteristics as skin color or ethnicity.

Mmm, interesting that you would limit your disgust at hatred and violence just to those that are based on skin color or ethnicity.

I mean, I hope and assume that you are repelled by all hatred and violence. But it is still interesting that you left so much hate and violence out of your statement and what you focused on.

My question. AGAIN.

Would you support your hypothetical daughter marrying into the Amish faith, with their shit lifestyles, no Social Security, and male dominated social structure?

Now, as for your pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture, exactly what are you proud of? It seems to me that you had no control or say in any of it. Whatever accomplishments your ethnicity/heritage/culture may have, they are not your accomplishments. They are accomplishments of people who, like you had no control or say in their genetics. And having the same ethnicity/heritage/culture doesn't really connect you except by ways you imagine.

Yes and no, depending.

I'm proud of the US putting a Man on the Moon, but I had nothing to do with that.

ON the other hand, I am proud of my father and uncles, who were part of America's fight against Imperalism and fascism, in WWII. I am definitely "connected" to them.

On another hand, I am proud of America's winning of the Cold War, which I was part of, in a very, very small way.

Soooo, what?

I can feel pride in virtually every accomplishment of the human race. I can share the joy of any human being.

So, you can feel pride in every accomplishment of the human race, but you cannot understand me feeling pride in the accomplishments of my ethnicity/culture/heritage?

That is really strange.

I can also be repelled by the hatred and violence of any human against another human based on such trivial characteristics as skin color or ethnicity.

Mmm, interesting that you would limit your disgust at hatred and violence just to those that are based on skin color or ethnicity.

I mean, I hope and assume that you are repelled by all hatred and violence. But it is still interesting that you left so much hate and violence out of your statement and what you focused on.

So you have pride in your nation and what it has done. That makes sense, because your family and your people voted for candidates that pushed it, paid taxes to support it, and cheered it being done (so you and your family did have a part in putting a man on the moon). That pride makes sense. But that also puts you in the same place I am, since people of varied ethnicity and races did the same. We, as Americans, share our victories with all who are a part of our nation.

I understand the pride in the victories of our nation. I feel that too. But I do not see that as ethnicity/heritage/culture as much as nationality.

As far as my limiting my disgust, I have not said I limit my disgust at all. But since the topic, and more specifically your questions, are on ethnicity/heritage/culture, that is what I addressed. Your questions to me started after I pointed out a difference between being a different race and being part of a group that preaches hate. So I have addressed my comments to that area. I am also disgusted by people who wantonly harm animals. But that is not part of the discussion, so I do not mention it.

YOu certainly seem determined to try to say what I think. I have answered your questions. Use that to learn what I think.

My question. AGAIN.

Would you support your hypothetical daughter marrying into the Amish faith, with their shit lifestyles, no Social Security, and male dominated social structure?

Or is it, would you support her marrying into the Amish faith or would you disown her and cut her out of your will for doing so?

My question. AGAIN.

I have pretended nothing of the kind. I answered what I think and believe.

It is not credible that you believe me commenting on your political persuasion is a "need" of mine.

I have no opinion about whether someone else should or should not have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture.

So, in your opinion, the Dallas man who is concerned about his descendants sharing his ethnicity/heritage/culture, you have no opinion AGAINST that.

Got it.
I have not said anything thing about you being wrong or a conservative being wrong. Quite the contrary, I have tried to express my views without denigrating yours. Something you have not bothered to do. YOu simply label people a liberal as a way of dismissing them, whether the facts fit or not.[/QUOTE]

I have not dismissed your or your views. I sort of complained about your evasiveness, which I've found to be a common liberal trait.

And yes, I have a strong negative opinion about it.

As a matter of fact, I have asked several times exactly what it is you have pride in. YOu have not answered me either. By your standards, doesn't that make you a liberal?

I find it somewhat offensive that liberals refuse to answer questions, yet expect their questions to be answered. It reveals an level of entitlement that I find, well, let's leave it at that. ANd I did answer, with a few examples.

I am a classic conservative. I believe in the individual, not generalities. I believe we each make our own lives.

Yeah, with your style. I'm finding that very hard to believe.

And since I did answer the first question you asked me, before you continue your rant about me not answering subsequent questions, perhaps you would answer the one I asked you first?

Lost track. Which was that?

My question. AGAIN.

I have pretended nothing of the kind. I answered what I think and believe.

It is not credible that you believe me commenting on your political persuasion is a "need" of mine.

I have no opinion about whether someone else should or should not have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture.

So, in your opinion, the Dallas man who is concerned about his descendants sharing his ethnicity/heritage/culture, you have no opinion AGAINST that.

Got it.
I have not said anything thing about you being wrong or a conservative being wrong. Quite the contrary, I have tried to express my views without denigrating yours. Something you have not bothered to do. YOu simply label people a liberal as a way of dismissing them, whether the facts fit or not.

I have not dismissed your or your views. I sort of complained about your evasiveness, which I've found to be a common liberal trait.

And yes, I have a strong negative opinion about it.

I find it somewhat offensive that liberals refuse to answer questions, yet expect their questions to be answered. It reveals an level of entitlement that I find, well, let's leave it at that. ANd I did answer, with a few examples.

Yeah, with your style. I'm finding that very hard to believe.

Lost track. Which was that?[/QUOTE]

YOu have trouble believing that I believe in individuals and that we each make our own lives? What have I posted that is contrary to that?

I have not refused to answer any question. YOu want me to say whether I think it is wrong to have pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture. I have no opinion on that whatsoever. And I am not going to pretend to have an opinion just to answer your question.

And my question was asking you what it is you have such pride in. You answered, after a while. You have a great deal of national pride.

My question. AGAIN.

Or is it, would you support her marrying into the Amish faith or would you disown her and cut her out of your will for doing so?

I would strongly oppose her marrying into such a crappy culture and religion.

I'm not sure what steps I would take to oppose it. In our society obviously adult children are free to make their own choices.

We don't have to celebrate them if we believe them to be wrong.

My question. AGAIN.

She doesn't have children. Real life is a theory to her.

..... I do have pride in my ethnicity/heritage/culture.

What, exactly and specifically, does that mean?

What part are you confused about?

Not confused, interested in your perspective.

General pride in accomplishments and qualities, past and present.

Varying with scale of accomplishment and connection to myself.

The things you listed in your answer are things that are shared with various others of different ethnicity/heritage/culture.

Forum List

Back