Dallas GOP candidate will pay his kids to only marry white

THAT was an interesting response.

I asked you a question, and in your mind, asking that question is an accusation...

That is very revealing about how liberals think.

But regardless, it is not how I think. (but thanks for the insight)

I asked you the question, because I wanted to know the answer. This is not a thinly veiled accusation, like you guys do.

NOr is it a stupid gotcha question. Like you guys do.

In your mind, is that a individual personal choice or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?

AND, also, yes, I do have pride in my ethnicity/heritage/culture.

First of all, You did go beyond what I actually said.

"Got it, no pride in your ethnicity/heritage/culture." I didn't say not pride, it is just not the focus of my pride.
"...or do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?" Nothing I said even hinted at that.

You liberals like to keep things vague. I asked a very simple question twice and did not get a clear response either time.

I still don't have one. YOu still are giving yourself wiggle room.

"Nothing I said even hinted at that"?

I DIDN'T SAY YOU DID. I AM ASKING YOU A QUESTION. DO YOU UNDERSTAND "QUESTION"?

"do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?"

To be clear, I am asking that question. It is a yes or no question. I do not believe you are capable of answering it, but well, never mind why I am asking it anyways.

As for the accusations that I am a liberal, and considering your obvious opinion of liberals, it is not as if you are playing neutral.

I'm not pretending to play "neutral" and you are a liberal. Your behavior leaves no doubt about that.

If you want to label me a liberal, that is your label and your need....

Standard liberal tactic. Pretending that the "issue" is something "wrong" with the conservative you are engaged with.

My question. AGAIN.

"do you believe it is wrong for anyone to have pride in their ethnicity/heritage/culture?"
I believe children should be allowed to make their own decisions as to who they marry

Would you support your hypothetical daughter marrying into the Amish faith, with their shit lifestyles, no Social Security, and male dominated social structure?
Why wouldn’t I?

Because it will make her life suck and the lives of their children suck, and your grandchildren will be members of an alien and hostile culture, and you will likely never see them.

General pride in accomplishments and qualities, past and present.

Varying with scale of accomplishment and connection to myself.

The things you listed in your answer are things that are shared with various others of different ethnicity/heritage/culture.

To varying degrees.

Since I celebrate the accomplishments and have pride in them as American accomplishments, there is no "varying degrees".

Tell me this guy,

portrait-of-young-black-guy-using-modern-e-cig-vaporizer-device-for-G381WG.jpg

feels the same degree of connection to this guy

US-man-on-the-moon-1280x720.jpg

That I do.

I'm nit going to tell you what anyone else feels. And if you do you are guessing.

What if I base it on what people have told me about how they feel?

The things you listed in your answer are things that are shared with various others of different ethnicity/heritage/culture.

To varying degrees.

Since I celebrate the accomplishments and have pride in them as American accomplishments, there is no "varying degrees".

Tell me this guy,

That I do.

I'm nit going to tell you what anyone else feels. And if you do you are guessing.

Then you have a basis for your comments. How many people have you talked to about it?

To varying degrees.

Tell me this guy,

That I do.

Then you have a basis for your comments. How many people have you talked to about it?

AT a guess, several dozen over the course of 4 decades. NOT counting people online.

Tell me this guy,

That I do.

AT a guess, several dozen over the course of 4 decades. NOT counting people online.

Is it important to you that you feel a greater connection to that guy than the man in the first picture?

Tell me this guy,

That I do.

Is it important to you that you feel a greater connection to that guy than the man in the first picture?

I believe that guy in the first picture is an American. Yet he likely does NOT have as much of a connection, with the man in the second picture as I do.

Who was a high level nasa guy during the moon race.

Just demonstrating my point about varying degrees of connection.

Is that important to me? Not in isolation.

As part of showing how our society and nations are divided and fractured?

Very important.

I believe that guy in the first picture is an American. Yet he likely does NOT have as much of a connection, with the man in the second picture as I do.

Very important.

I agree with you that it is an example of the division of our society and nation. And I believe we would all benefit from a reduction of that division.

Which is why I do not like intentional divisions being introduced or continued when there is not point.

Very important.

I agree with you that it is an example of the division of our society and nation. And I believe we would all benefit from a reduction of that division.

Which is why I do not like intentional divisions being introduced or continued when there is not point.

White, and black are not intentional division.

Teaching our young that Patriotism or Nationalism is bad, is a unifying force being suppressed.

Very important.

Teaching our young that Patriotism or Nationalism is bad, is a unifying force being suppressed.

There are plenty of people and groups pushing for racial division. I think that promotes it. Years ago blatant racism was laughed at. Now people whine that it is offensive.

I would suggest that teaching our young that blind patriotism or nationalism is bad. The idea that dissent is unpatriotic is as wrong as any message put out there. Pride in the accomplishments of your nation is great. It helps us all reach for higher victories.

But I wonder if sharing pride in our accomplishments means we should also take responsibility for our crimes.

Very important.

There are plenty of people and groups pushing for racial division. I think that promotes it. Years ago blatant racism was laughed at. Now people whine that it is offensive.

I would suggest that teaching our young that blind patriotism or nationalism is bad. The idea that dissent is unpatriotic is as wrong as any message put out there. Pride in the accomplishments of your nation is great. It helps us all reach for higher victories.

But I wonder if sharing pride in our accomplishments means we should also take responsibility for our crimes.

That's what liberals have been saying and supposedly implementing for years.

The results are in.

What we have is a large decrease in patriotism and nationalism, and increased division, especially racial. And we are not trying to reach higher victories. We are at each others throats.

This is the point of my pointing out the divisions between the two above men.

If these are my grandchildren, because my daughter stupidly married into the Amish culture.

Amish+children+in+Lancaster+County,+Pennsylvania,+1937.jpg

And when I try to talk to them about our heritage and culture, and they come back with some shit, like.

"We're amish, we are pacifists and we don't want to hear about our great grand father, evil war fighting.

Then, I have failed to maintain my culture and heritage.

Furthermore a huge division has been created between me and my descendants.

Any sense of connection, going either way, has just become much less likely, or at very least, much less deep.

Very important.

The results are in.

What we have is a large decrease in patriotism and nationalism, and increased division, especially racial. And we are not trying to reach higher victories. We are at each others throats.

If these are my grandchildren, because my daughter stupidly married into the Amish culture.

And when I try to talk to them about our heritage and culture, and they come back with some shit, like.

"We're amish, we are pacifists and we don't want to hear about our great grand father, evil war fighting.

Any sense of connection, going either way, has just become much less likely, or at very least, much less deep.

Decrease in patriotism? Ask an Iraq war veteran how he was treated on his return and how often he is thanked for his service. Then ask a Vietnam vet the same questions.

And some is, I think, a backlash against the blind patriotism.

Very important.

The results are in.

Where does this anti/Amish animosity come from?

Very important.

The results are in.

Decrease in patriotism? Ask an Iraq war veteran how he was treated on his return and how often he is thanked for his service. Then ask a Vietnam vet the same questions.

And some is, I think, a backlash against the blind patriotism.

Yes, decrease in Patriotism. And blind patriotism hasn't been a thing in generations.

Very important.

The results are in.

IN this context?

"Then, I have failed to maintain my culture and heritage."

The results are in.

IN this context?

So, no one in your family could ever adopt a new faith or move to an area with a different culture?

The results are in.

IN this context?

So, no one in your family could ever adopt a new faith or move to an area with a different culture?

If you do enough change, then you lose continuity.

The results are in.

IN this context?

If you do enough change, then you lose continuity.

That's not a direct answer.

Liberals seem to be moving toward a position that would criminalize marrying within your own faith and race. Perhaps it is an option that should be explored.

Forum List

Back