Damn It's Nice to Have a President Again Who Can Speak Intelligently

About the speech: it seems that there was something interesting for everyone:

cutting spending, cutting the deficit in half, tax-cuts, healthcare, american technology, energy independence, education, fighting cancer, ending the Iraq war, anti-terrorism, veterans & soldiers, world-policy, ...

He did that during campaign speeches too, trying to talk to as many people as possible. He truly overdid himself this time.

Last edited:
Are you a greedy prick who only cares if Obama helps you personally? I am not. I have a job. But, this story below means that the dismantling of the middle class has stopped. Obama will do a little "protectionism". EWWW!!! Scary!!! We are not scared with your warnings anymore dude. You were wrong for 8 years, and you are definately wrong now.

me personally?.....did i not mention YOU and the guy down the street?.....

and getting rid of the Mexican trucks has been going on long before Obama took office.....

Watching the frowny grouchy faces of the repubs, shows how well he is doing.:lol:

It he said that God was good, Boner et al would disagree.:cuckoo:

8 years of Obama and more Dems after that.:clap2:

Hitler was able to speak tremendously well too.

Yeah and he too got the Germans out of the great depression didn't he? :tongue:

Only to turn around and ruin the country with a violent and bloody war ending in his suicide while treating his own bloodline like lab rats ... oh yeah, but really, what's more important?

Here is the biggest flaw with Obama's way, a simple law, one that even the moron Bush Jr. knew: You can't make everyone happy, and if you try it will only wind up hurting everyone.

Are you a greedy prick who only cares if Obama helps you personally? I am not. I have a job. But, this story below means that the dismantling of the middle class has stopped. Obama will do a little "protectionism". EWWW!!! Scary!!! We are not scared with your warnings anymore dude. You were wrong for 8 years, and you are definately wrong now.

me personally?.....did i not mention YOU and the guy down the street?.....

and getting rid of the Mexican trucks has been going on long before Obama took office.....

Well last year Bush tried to sneak them in on Memorial or Labor day. Luckily Hoffa and the Unions were there to make a stink.

Yet hardly any word from the "liberal" media.

Hitler was able to speak tremendously well too.

Yeah and he too got the Germans out of the great depression didn't he? :tongue:

Only to turn around and ruin the country with a violent and bloody war ending in his suicide while treating his own bloodline like lab rats ... oh yeah, but really, what's more important?

After the economy was saved they should have shot him (would have saved us a lot of shit), too bad they failed so many times (in the end he had to do it himself).

The important thing is that Obama is not creating more problems then there already are (like creating another war), he is lowering the amount of wars that the US is in. Lowering the amount of active troops and increasing the support for the active troops. I d say he is doing rather good

About the speech: it seems that there was something interesting for everyone:

cutting spending, cutting the deficit in half, tax-cuts, healthcare, american technology, energy independence, education, fighting cancer, ending the Iraq war, anti-terrorism, veterans & soldiers, world-policy, ...

He did that during campaign speeches too, trying to talk to as many people as possible. He truly overdid himself this time.

Bush didn't mention his campaign promises after he won. That's because he never intended to deliver.

Now Obama said, "tax breaks for 95% of Americans are ON THE WAY.

When you get yours, remember he delivered.

And don't cry that he is sending you your own borrowed money. Not if you are a Republican, because you fucking LOVED Bush's borrowed tax breaks.

So since so many of you have hard on's for tax breaks, you are getting your wish.

And now you have a way to judge him in 4 years.

PS. Someone said US corps pay more than corps in every other nation.

They also have to pay for healthcare, and other companies don't. So lets socialize healthcare. Look into what the Senator's get for insurance. It is amazingly good. I'll take what they get.

Our country is headed in the right direction again.

Bush and Phil Gramm almost destroyed the country.

Texas politicians(Lyndon Johnson, George Bush, Phil Gramm) suck.

All I can do is laugh at the stupid partisan bickering. Just about the entirety of this economic meltdown can be traced back to the housing crisis which was created due to the stupid ass lending practices by the banking and investment industry. And guess what? Both Republicans and Democrats allowed it to happen. Everyone was involved. It wasn't solely the Republicans fault or the Democrats fault. They all had a hand in allowing this to happen.

The Republicans were in control for six of the last eight years, but during that same time, even when the writing was on the wall, Democrats blocked any changes Republicans tried to make. They all screwed this up, and if you can't see that then you're all goofy.

While we can all disagree on our involvement in Iraq, how the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was handled, and even all the deficit spending, none of these things caused the economic situation we now face.

Now that we're in this mess, one thing is certain; the banking system must be stabilized. We shouldn't be happy about the fact we're having to bail these people out, but we're bailing ourselves out in the process. The idea that we should have just let the banks collapse is about as stupid an idea as I have ever heard. At the same time, spending more money that we don't have to spend also is about as stupid as it gets, especially when the bulk of this stimulus bill will do nothing to create new jobs.

We're in for a long slowdown, plain and simple. We all had a part in allowing it to come about; now it's time to pay the piper. Printing more money to throw at the problem is only going to lead to higher taxes down the road, and we're taking a great risk of it creating escalating inflation.

Oh, just so you all know, existing home sales in January fell 5.3 percent compared to last year. The housing market is still in a tailspin. Until that turns around, ain't nothin a changin anytime soon.
you wont get ANY partisan to agree with that
the problems were caused by BOTH parties
and the major problem was both party's were doing the same damn things only each wanted to do it though their own special interest groups
when republicans want to do stupid things like democrats, they get thrown out of office
when democrats act like democrats their morons will vote em back in

i have hope that the GOP will learn from this and adjust, if not, then we are all in for a big mess

Did you vote against the republicans and help throw them out of office? Very noble of you dive. I would have thought you would have voted republican based on your posts. I mean, otherwise you would be acting like those moronic democratic voters, right?

Obama; "And I believe the nation that invented the automobile cannot walk away from it."
Obama Gaffe: America Didn't Invent Automobile

idiots

Awesome ... Bushisms have not ended ... now we can expand them to Bush-Obama-isms!

Who's Bush? I voted for McCain ... you know, the hero that worked for and deserved the job.

Obama; "And I believe the nation that invented the automobile cannot walk away from it."
Obama Gaffe: America Didn't Invent Automobile

idiots

Yeah, he s dead wrong on that one. But he s not the only one on that, there are so many americans that seem to believe that america invented everything, they seem to forget that even their own Nation was a creation of a/multiple foreign country(s) :tongue: .

He should have said "the modern automobile" ( referring to the way it is assembled: T-model ), then he could be right.

All I can do is laugh at the stupid partisan bickering. Just about the entirety of this economic meltdown can be traced back to the housing crisis which was created due to the stupid ass lending practices by the banking and investment industry. And guess what? Both Republicans and Democrats allowed it to happen. Everyone was involved. It wasn't solely the Republicans fault or the Democrats fault. They all had a hand in allowing this to happen.

The Republicans were in control for six of the last eight years, but during that same time, even when the writing was on the wall, Democrats blocked any changes Republicans tried to make. They all screwed this up, and if you can't see that then you're all goofy.

While we can all disagree on our involvement in Iraq, how the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was handled, and even all the deficit spending, none of these things caused the economic situation we now face.

Now that we're in this mess, one thing is certain; the banking system must be stabilized. We shouldn't be happy about the fact we're having to bail these people out, but we're bailing ourselves out in the process. The idea that we should have just let the banks collapse is about as stupid an idea as I have ever heard. At the same time, spending more money that we don't have to spend also is about as stupid as it gets, especially when the bulk of this stimulus bill will do nothing to create new jobs.

We're in for a long slowdown, plain and simple. We all had a part in allowing it to come about; now it's time to pay the piper. Printing more money to throw at the problem is only going to lead to higher taxes down the road, and we're taking a great risk of it creating escalating inflation.

Oh, just so you all know, existing home sales in January fell 5.3 percent compared to last year. The housing market is still in a tailspin. Until that turns around, ain't nothin a changin anytime soon.
you wont get ANY partisan to agree with that
the problems were caused by BOTH parties
and the major problem was both party's were doing the same damn things only each wanted to do it though their own special interest groups
when republicans want to do stupid things like democrats, they get thrown out of office
when democrats act like democrats their morons will vote em back in

i have hope that the GOP will learn from this and adjust, if not, then we are all in for a big mess

You couldn't even help exposing your own partisanship. What is that, "republicans get thrown out when they screw up". What bullshit!! Clinton was great and Gore lost but Bush sucked and he got re-elected? Hell, just look at all the red states that voted for Bush/McCain even after all this??? Dems can't screw up and expect to win Ohio, Florida, Colorado, Pennsylvania, but the GOP thought they could.

No, Democrats don't typically get the free pass, Republicans do.

I at least admit my partisanship. Hell, I embrace it. So did you when Bush was first king. You worshipped him.

Now lets see if I follow Obama over a cliff like you did Bush.

And the guy you are replying to is wrong.
except there was nothing partisan in what i said
the facts are the GOP is no longer in the majority in either body of congress, correct?
so that makes my statement 100% correct

this is why you are seen as a complete fucking MORON, bobo

Munin : there are so many americans that seem to believe that america invented everything,

maybe not EVERYTHING but i bet if you listed all inventions by countries the US would lead the charge.....and lets not forget all the things the US did not invent, but took them to a new level.....anyway i know one thing for dam sure.....we invented more things than Ecuador...;)

HOw the hell is the Banking industry the reason for a failure when they did exactly what the hell the government told them too loan more moaney to bad risks and it's been going on for 40 years with more and more emphasis on loaning and less and less emphasis on paying back said loan.

Leftist have such a truncated view of history and know so little about banking and the home building industry that they can't hardly even strat an intelligent disussion of the issue.

Oh and Obama does read rather well doesn't he?

Forum List

Back