🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Damn workers that ruin businesses.

This is a factor in some of the reasons businesses loose money, however, can this compare to the exorbitant salaries and compensations of the upper level managements certainly do not help the business. Then pile the golden parachutes that these individuals receive. We have a two-fold problem. Yet to many dismiss the second part of the equation.

Washington state now has a lower unemployment rate than before the great recession began. I thought that Washingtons highest minimum wage rate in the country was supposed to destroy jobs.

Consumer demand dramatically dropped after the economic crash. Demand is soft.

That means stores aren't selling as much stuff as they used to. Thus, they are losing earnings and must contract.

In April, consumer spending rose only 1 per cent (geez, 1 is a lonely number). Prior to April, many so-called experts were blaming the weather for low consumer demand. Weather was fine in April.......so I wonder what the next excuse the 'experts' will give us.

California wild fires.

Nope, Obama will claim "climate disruption" is to blame for those.

Consumer demand dramatically dropped after the economic crash. Demand is soft.

That means stores aren't selling as much stuff as they used to. Thus, they are losing earnings and must contract.

In April, consumer spending rose only 1 per cent (geez, 1 is a lonely number). Prior to April, many so-called experts were blaming the weather for low consumer demand. Weather was fine in April.......so I wonder what the next excuse the 'experts' will give us.

If all else fails - BUSH.

Upper management had nothing to do with this at all? Is that your contention.

Employees refuse to recognize when the company is being bled dry. That's why there's no Hostess company today.

Upper management had nothing to do with Hostess. That was all leech unions. Obviously upper management in sears is making some poor decisions because they are store and employee heavy.

Some proof to show that they had nothing to do with the company struggling because of bad business decisions would certainly make a better case than pure opinion.

Upper management had nothing to do with this at all? Is that your contention.

Employees refuse to recognize when the company is being bled dry. That's why there's no Hostess company today.

Upper management had nothing to do with Hostess. That was all leech unions. Obviously upper management in sears is making some poor decisions because they are store and employee heavy.

Where did you ever come up with this for the thread?
Take and make your own thread about the subject.

California wild fires.

Nope, Obama will claim "climate disruption" is to blame for those.

If the only way you can stay in business is to pay starvation wages, you should go out of business. Listening to these greedy and incompetent executives whining about their lot makes me puke.

If the only way that you can work is in a job that pays starvation wages, you should not be looking for work. Listening to these greedy and incompetent workers whining about their lot makes me puke.

It makes about as much friggn sense the other way around, doesn't it? The world doesn't owe you crap. You want reasonable wages, get some skills that deserve reasonable wages. Oh, but that requires effort on your part.

If the only way you can stay in business is to pay starvation wages, you should go out of business. Listening to these greedy and incompetent executives whining about their lot makes me puke.
True, let Sears go under and propel Walmart even further into profit. Nice thinking there.

Another compassionate statement towards workers.
Yet, with your complaint and I quote..." Listening to these greedy and incompetent workers whining about their lot makes me puke. "
Yet nothing about the greedy upper management.
Certainly, they deserve 300% more than workers.
That is not being greedy, not for them, that is being compensated for their work and skills.
Yet...........you think asking a liveable wage is whining.
What drift you are.

If the only way that you can work is in a job that pays starvation wages, you should not be looking for work. Listening to these greedy and incompetent workers whining about their lot makes me puke.

It makes about as much friggn sense the other way around, doesn't it? The world doesn't owe you crap. You want reasonable wages, get some skills that deserve reasonable wages. Oh, but that requires effort on your part.

Raising the min wage kills the lowest paying jobs and for some reason republicans really really want to keep those jobs around so they can complain about the employer paying them so little they qualify for welfare.

Just kidding....Republicans would never blame the company. Its the workers fault for being paid so little by the company they need welfare.

So Republicans will yell at the results of low wages while they fight like hell to keep the cause of people needing welfare. They make their own mud then jump in it and complain about it

wow, i guess you think a store clerk needs to be paid well?

if thats your big money making job, then it is your fault

You never understand anything so much that you put question marks in even when they dont belong there

Yeah, get on welfare so you can continue to yell at all the little guys :lol: Leave companies alone and if they push their workers on welfare then guess who's fault it is?

....the workers? :doubt:

Sears: 'Burning cash,' closing stores

But wait a minute and look at this!
How absurd.

Washington state defies minimum wage logic
Now the other side of the spectrum.
Jeez, imagine this happening.
Raising the minimum wage could lift hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers out of poverty, but it's also a job killer. Right?

Not so fast. In Washington state, small businesses are adding jobs faster than any other state in the country, according to a report from Paychex and IHS. It's also the state where minimum wage, at $9.32 per hour, is the highest.

Washington state defies minimum wage logic - May. 14, 2014
Where's the link? How many are part timers?

https://fortress.wa.gov/esd/employm...yment-report/map-of-county-unemployment-rates

Preliminary statewide rate 6.9%, not seasonally adjusted

I just got back from Sears. There were more employees than customers. One chick was so loud I almost asked her to give me a break, completely oblivious to her surroundings. I'm not sure what her job was, maybe drum up business for the hearing center? Sears screwed up by not jumping into the home improvement category. They got big, fat, dumb and happy and are apparently still sleep walking.

Last edited:
One does not need to be an adult of 30 years old with a family to stock product on shelves and push buttons on a computerized cash register.

Same for those filling orders at McDonalds.

Those jobs have ALWAYS been for the high schooler and college student...and sometimes the retirees looking for something to do.

The fact that adults with children are taking those jobs is a social issue that needs to be addressed....but not the fault of the employers.

Things change. Our jobs that can sustain families have been shipped overseas or eliminated altogether. Unless you can bring those jobs back, we need to make the jobs we have able to sustain families.

Have you ever worked a "real" job in your life?

Sears has been on a downward spiral almost since the day it merged with Kmart in 2005. And that plunge seems to be picking up speed.
The company said this week that it may sell its 51% stake in Sears Canada, which operates nearly 20% of the company's stores worldwide. It has quietly closed nearly 100 U.S. stores in the last year. Next week, it's expected to announce dismal fiscal first quarter results and possibly yet more store closings.

Look, those damn workers demanding all those high wages and benefits. How dare they.
Now these store's have to close.
""They have too many stores and they're losing a lot of money, burning cash," said John Kernan, an analyst with Cowen.
Kernan expects the company to close 500 of its 1,980 U.S. stores in a few years and, ultimately, to go out of business."

Sears was once the nation's largest retailer and biggest employer. The iconic company reshaped shopping in the United States with both its catalogs and its massive department stores. But the Kmart merger has been a disaster from the start. Sears Holdings (SHLD, Fortune 500)' sales have declined every year since 2006, and it's been losing money since 2011.

How absurd.

Raising the minimum wage could lift hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers out of poverty, but it's also a job killer. Right?

Not so fast. In Washington state, small businesses are adding jobs faster than any other state in the country, according to a report from Paychex and IHS. It's also the state where minimum wage, at $9.32 per hour, is the highest.

uh-huh? The ones that whine and demand to be paid MORE than their worth?

FUCK YOU.:eusa_hand:

Sears has been on a downward spiral almost since the day it merged with Kmart in 2005. And that plunge seems to be picking up speed.
The company said this week that it may sell its 51% stake in Sears Canada, which operates nearly 20% of the company's stores worldwide. It has quietly closed nearly 100 U.S. stores in the last year. Next week, it's expected to announce dismal fiscal first quarter results and possibly yet more store closings.

Look, those damn workers demanding all those high wages and benefits. How dare they.
Now these store's have to close.
""They have too many stores and they're losing a lot of money, burning cash," said John Kernan, an analyst with Cowen.
Kernan expects the company to close 500 of its 1,980 U.S. stores in a few years and, ultimately, to go out of business."

Sears was once the nation's largest retailer and biggest employer. The iconic company reshaped shopping in the United States with both its catalogs and its massive department stores. But the Kmart merger has been a disaster from the start. Sears Holdings (SHLD, Fortune 500)' sales have declined every year since 2006, and it's been losing money since 2011.

How absurd.

uh-huh? The ones that whine and demand to be paid MORE than their worth?

FUCK YOU.:eusa_hand:

You do know that Sears used to pay a good wage. A guy who went to school with my mother worked at sears as a salesman and retired as a $millionaire.

You don't really think their workers, which there are fewer of them in the store now, work less hard than they did 40 years ago, do you?

Sears is going under because they have failed to keep their customer base.

It really is that simple.

Yep. They really jumped the shark after KMart came in.

They jumped it long before then. They jumped it when they reduced their employees to part time and got rid of anyone that put in enough time the qualified for a raise. Employees stopped being faithful to the company, they stopped being knowledgeable, and the customers quit coming back. Plus, they started getting their craftsman and kenmore products made in China. People don't like buying crap.

Remember when craftsman tools had a lifetime guarantee?

Forum List

Back