Dark Mode

Just like my cable, I got rid of my phone. I had a Samsung Galaxy. I just use my laptop anyways. But I found a few apps at the Chrome store to make my page "dark mode". I made even my Youtube page dark. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I do have a tablet, as well, as using my laptop. I can make calls from Google Meet....(I think it was Google Hangout).
I never tested it before, but I just found the "dark mode" setting doesnt do what you're asking anyway.

I'm sure it's available on the forum software if they wanted to do it.

I have noticed if I'm using my phone late in the evening it's much harder to fall asleep

Paste this into the search bar >chrome://flags > dark mode > enabled > relaunch

1628559570481.png

Last edited:
I have noticed if I'm using my phone late in the evening it's much harder to fall asleep
That happens when you are watching Lucifer. Lol jk
I have a hard sleep sleeping myself. I am up always late at night. Mostly watching stuff on my laptop or tablet.

I brought this "Dark Mode" for USMB, because I am sure it goes easy on the eyes for some people (like myself). I am not getting any younger and my virgin eyes aren't either. But as I mentioned, I found a few "dark mode" apps at the Chrome store.

That happens when you are watching Lucifer. Lol jk
I have a hard sleep sleeping myself. I am up always late at night. Mostly watching stuff on my laptop or tablet.

I brought this "Dark Mode" for USMB, because I am sure it goes easy on the eyes for some people (like myself). I am not getting any younger and my virgin eyes aren't either. But as I mentioned, I found a few "dark mode" apps at the Chrome store.
Do they work on this site?

Yes, my vocabulary isn't as good as it should be. Thank you! I am going to work on it.
Excuse me for erasing my post. When I went back a page the first thing I noticed was the April date on it and thought oh my goodness someone is bring up the past.... so I just deleted it. It's been a long and discouraging day . lol

I never tested it before, but I just found the "dark mode" setting doesnt do what you're asking anyway.

I'm sure it's available on the forum software if they wanted to do it.

Of course the "skins" for everything is adjustable in this Xenforo app.. Just not INDIVIDUALLY customizable... The tuning is pretty comprehensive and detailed.

If there is a visual disability that someone is trying to help (or the good weed is making your eyes too sensitive) -- its best to do that at the browser level.. Not each website you visit one at a time...

Just a question: Would it be possible to maybe install some software, or something, that can turn this site into Dark Mode? Most sites now allow that option. Even if not everyone here is in favor of dark mode, those (like me) would like to have that option. Maybe, it could be a paid option - when you buy the Gold or Silver Membership. Or maybe, free for all!

Any thought?

I LOVE "dark mode"....or at least not "blinded by the light mode" turned on ALL the time!

Bright light hurts my eyes. I get headaches during work hours, because there are so many things that still don't have "dark" option on them, like Word and Excel. They actually used to, but with Win 8, 8.5, and 10, there is no option for it anymore. It's back to blinding white light.

Sure I can adjust my monitor/screen, but that fucks up everything else that does have dark mode on them that I already have set up.

I mean, "dark mode" doesn't NEED to be an actual BLACK screen with white fonts..........it could be grey, dark grey, dark blue, brown, burgandy, dark purple, or any dark color for that matter.

ANYTHING BUT BRIGHT FUCKING WHITE, BURNING MY CORNEAS!!!!

Of course the "skins" for everything is adjustable in this Xenforo app.. Just not INDIVIDUALLY customizable... The tuning is pretty comprehensive and detailed.

If there is a visual disability that someone is trying to help (or the good weed is making your eyes too sensitive) -- its best to do that at the browser level.. Not each website you visit one at a time...
Hmm... actually I am pretty sure you can.
You just have to check the setting that allows users to choose skins. But it will only let users choose installed skins that the admin installs.
I could be wrong, but I am about 95% sure this is true.
I am guessing none of you guys have actual admin access, so you would not be able to see where these user selections can be made. That is, I believe, two access levels above SuperMod access.

To answer the original posts.... you can install Dark Mode in the Extensions settings in your browser. Search for "Dark Mode" and install it. Then go to this website, go to the extension and choose "allow for usmessageboard.com"

Here is what it looks like:

dark.jpg

You just have to check the setting that allows users to choose skins. But it will only let users choose installed skins that the admin installs.
I am guessing none of you guys have actual admin access, so you would not be able to see where these user selections can be made. That is, I believe, two access levels above SuperMod access.

I think FLACAL was saying having it INDIVIDUALLY customizable isn't a viable option, but the owners of this place can download themes already available place it into a list of available themes which would be at least two this default one and the asked for Dark Theme in which members can chose switching over to the proposed dark theme while others just do nothing a stay on this theme.

I have done this at my forums I used to run where I gave members several themes to choose from but that is easy to do when they are free while here themes will cost money which is why the owners will not likely do anything.

To answer the original posts.... you can install Dark Mode in the Extensions settings in your browser. Search for "Dark Mode" and install it. Then go to this website, go to the extension and choose "allow for usmessageboard.com"

Here is what it looks like:

View attachment 603203
Cool suggestion. But do you know the demographic of this place?!? Seems having a built-in skin on the site would be easier for older folks, no?

I have a copy of the 400 page manual and access to the Xenforo forum. Even with 3 or 4 decades of programming and techy design skills -- I really wouldn't want to have Admin access to Xenforo. It was built as the solution to TOO MANY THINGS -- not just forum software. So tuning -- is a f-ing nightmare. And they CONTINUE to pile on features that a simple forum doesn't want or need. So "skinning it" for comfort aint as simple as other apps.

I have a copy of the 400 page manual and access to the Xenforo forum. Even with 3 or 4 decades of programming and techy design skills -- I really wouldn't want to have Admin access to Xenforo. It was built as the solution to TOO MANY THINGS -- not just forum software. So tuning -- is a f-ing nightmare. And they CONTINUE to pile on features that a simple forum doesn't want or need. So "skinning it" for comfort aint as simple as other apps.
Sheesh, a 400-page manual? Did you read the whole thing? Or did you do what Nancy Pelosi did in 2008?

"We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back