Religion and Ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a possibility of moving Religious and Ethics to Zone one?

I'm tired of chasing down trolls that only want to bash religion.

Does Religion really get that much traffic?? I don't see it.

I agree with post 2. Religion/spirituality is a personal matter. Others don't have a right to dick-tate what others have to believe in.

Let's Examine the Claims of Atheists

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021
Let's Examine Claims of Atheists

The Fallacy of Science vs. Religion

The atheists' frequent claim that science and religion are mutually exclusive is demonstrably false. If atheists were as "rational" and "intelligent" as they are always claiming, they would not resort to mendacity. Science pursues truth.

The list of scientists as men and women faith is long and growing.

List of Christians in science and technology - Wikipedia

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.”
” - Demon Haunted World, page 29, by Carl Sagan

“I believe in God more because of science than in spite of it.” – William Phillips, Nobel Laureate in Physics

and more in post one

=====

I am an Atheist, shall I ignore the hard nasty bashing made by a religionist?

Chem Engineer snotty attack on me at post 105 Then he put me on ignore, the same man who started the thread with some nasty personal attack on Atheists, gets a civil reply from me, blows a gasket quickly ignore me......., because he KNOWS he can't answer post 146, I see it a lot from religionists who can't handle cogent replies from Atheists.

Here is post 146, showing my gentle bashing of his attack post on me:

POST 146

Last edited:

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

The atheists' frequent claim that science and religion are mutually exclusive is demonstrably false. If atheists were as "rational" and "intelligent" as they are always claiming, they would not resort to mendacity. Science pursues truth.

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.”

“I believe in God more because of science than in spite of it.” – William Phillips, Nobel Laureate in Physics

and more in post one

=====

IMO, threads like those belong in forums where bashing is authorized, aka Zone 3.

but for atheists, and assholes, (notice how I separate them), there is no place for them trolling in R&E.

Is there a possibility of moving Religious and Ethics to Zone one?

I'm tired of chasing down trolls that only want to bash religion.
It would be cool to have a dedicated religion section where members could keep it on topic, but there is a major problem trying to do it on a political board. When the political divide matches up with the religious divide, religion becomes politics. The politics of one side is to squash a religion, and the other side is based upon that religion. In our current political landscape, religion and politics are far too intertwined to separate them. Insulting the religion, or lack thereof, of your political opponents becomes interchangeable with insulting the politics of your political opponents.

I'm an atheist. I ran into other alleged atheists that wanted desperately to hijack my thread and make it about what they wanted to because they assumed I was Christian. These people are most certainly not comparable to Hitchens or any of the other greats that could even make an argument. Again, I'm saying that as an atheist and there were several things stated that even though I agreed in part it wasn't the topic of the thread. These people were there specifically to disrespect someone else.

Every thread is a shitfest.

I know that chem engineer is full of crap. So...I don't respond. If there is a "why atheists blah dee blah blah blah" in the title then I'm leaving. It's not my job to correct someone's religious views. I also don't want to get locked into a go nowhere argument with an imbecile that won't end.

Chem Engineer snotty attack on me at post 105 Then he put me on ignore, the same man who started the thread with some nasty personal attack on Atheists, gets a civil reply from me, blows a gasket quickly ignore me......., because he KNOWS he can't answer post 146, I see it a lot from religionists who can't handle cogent replies from Atheists.

POST 146
You, in your need to debunk the Bible, make a LOT of the usual errors made by God Haters

There are answers, but you will twist yourself into a pretzel before accepting the explanation

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God : for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. ...

Last edited:

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

and more in post one

=====

IMO, threads like those belong in forums where bashing is authorized, aka Zone 3.

but for atheists, and assholes, (notice how I separate them), there is no place for them trolling in R&E.
I completely understand. You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it. Who could possibly find fault with that?

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

and more in post one

=====

I completely understand. You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it. Who could possibly find fault with that?

You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it.
IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs.

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

and more in post one

=====

You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it.
IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs.
You don't see that claiming anyone who doesn't share their belief is deserving of hell as an insult? Really?

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

and more in post one

=====

You don't see that claiming anyone who doesn't share their belief is deserving of hell as an insult? Really?

Did you NOT read my post?

" IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs. "

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

and more in post one

=====

Did you NOT read my post?

" IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs. "

Can you imagine a religious discussion by Christians that didn't mention their only goal, which is an eternity in heaven to the exclusion of all that don't share their beliefs? No I can't either. Perhaps a private, invitation only thread where you don't have to allow any differences of opinion, but if you have an open discussion, it has to be open to even those that don't fall in line.

POST 146
That guy put me on ignore out of the blue. We had barely interacted.

Can you imagine? Sweet little old me on ignore? :biggrin:

I'm beginning to think ChemEngineer is just another name for Meth Head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back