Religion and Ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a possibility of moving Religious and Ethics to Zone one?

I'm tired of chasing down trolls that only want to bash religion.

The only weakness to your suggestion is making it hard for Atheists/agnostics defend themselves from attack Atheist/agnostics threads as you saw the thread example I made which you said should be moved to Zone 3. Otherwise religion only (no bashing atheists/agnostics) discussion threads should be treated quietly and respectfully even if it is all baloney to an Atheists point of view, there has to be a balance for all groups.

I am going to give an example and it was Disir thread where I saw her do something that amazed me and when a poster attempted to hijack her thread she in a very polite way told the poster to go create their own thread and Disir is not some religious nut and just wanted to discuss about how the Catholic Church and Orthodox Church were trying to find a date for Easter...

I enjoy Disir threads and this board need more like her!

I thought I had another post in here supporting Will's thingy...anyways, yes. Consolidate the two. CONSOLIDATE IT ALL!

I get it that the job of a mod isn't easy but it's the job they have chosen.

If the Religion forum were moved to Zone one, people who want to discuss the actual topics can do so without the constant barrage of "there is no God" and "if you believe you are an idiot" remarks.
What about the " If you don't believe you are an idiot remarks"? Are those perfectly acceptable?

If the Religion forum were moved to Zone one, people who want to discuss the actual topics can do so without the constant barrage of "there is no God" and "if you believe you are an idiot" remarks.
What about the " If you don't believe you are an idiot remarks"? Are those perfectly acceptable?

No they are not nor should they be...

Maybe we as a community should try to learn to agree to disagree and I know you can do it because we have done it before...

I am going to give an example and it was @Disir thread where I saw her do something that amazed me and when a poster attempted to hijack her thread
Did they say they were attempting to "hijack" her thread? Sounds more like you're trying to hijack someone's intent.

I am going to give an example and it was @Disir thread where I saw her do something that amazed me and when a poster attempted to hijack her thread
Did they say they were attempting to "hijack" her thread? Sounds more like you're trying to hijack someone's intent.

They were trying and I am not doing anything with their intent at all...

Maybe sometimes all sides need to calm it down and realize some of us just want a civil discussion upstairs... If I want to troll I will do it downstairs and not in a Forum about Religion or Ethics...

Maybe we as a community should try to learn to agree to disagree
That's facilitated by being an inclusive culture, not a cancel one.

And who are you to decide what is canceled?
Exactly my point. Thanks.

You made no point at all and are just trying to tell others they are canceled...

The point I am making is you and those like you prefer to dictate to everyone that civil conversation can not be had because you deemed the other side unworthy for open debate...

What is sad is you may not know this but Will and I are on the opposite side most of the time, so for me to agree with Will, well you are in the losing end of this conversation...

Let's Examine the Claims of Atheists

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021
Let's Examine Claims of Atheists

The Fallacy of Science vs. Religion

The atheists' frequent claim that science and religion are mutually exclusive is demonstrably false. If atheists were as "rational" and "intelligent" as they are always claiming, they would not resort to mendacity. Science pursues truth.

The list of scientists as men and women faith is long and growing.

List of Christians in science and technology - Wikipedia

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.”
” - Demon Haunted World, page 29, by Carl Sagan

“I believe in God more because of science than in spite of it.” – William Phillips, Nobel Laureate in Physics

and more in post one

=====

I am an Atheist, shall I ignore the hard nasty bashing made by a religionist?
IMO, threads like those belong in forums where bashing is authorized, aka Zone 3.

but for atheists, and assholes, (notice how I separate them), there is no place for them trolling in R&E.
I completely understand. You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it. Who could possibly find fault with that?

You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it.
IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs.
You don't see that claiming anyone who doesn't share their belief is deserving of hell as an insult? Really?

Did you NOT read my post?

" IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs. "

Can you imagine a religious discussion by Christians that didn't mention their only goal, which is an eternity in heaven to the exclusion of all that don't share their beliefs? No I can't either. Perhaps a private, invitation only thread where you don't have to allow any differences of opinion, but if you have an open discussion, it has to be open to even those that don't fall in line.
??? I know lots of liberal Christians who value inclusion and not judging.
I think the problem is those types may not have time to spare arguing with people who aren't going to change their minds.
The ones who bother to argue are the ones who like to argue!
I don't blame Christianity or religion.
Plenty of believers don't do that.

You made no point at all and are just trying to tell others they are canceled...
No, Will is asking permission to cancel atheists from discussions of "Religion and Ethics." (As though lumping religion and ethics together weren't bad enough. They are not related!)

No, Will is asking permission to cancel atheists from discussions of "Religion and Ethics."

Where did I say that?

If they can discuss the topic, without trolling, no problem.

They go off topic?

Bye Bye

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

The atheists' frequent claim that science and religion are mutually exclusive is demonstrably false. If atheists were as "rational" and "intelligent" as they are always claiming, they would not resort to mendacity. Science pursues truth.

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.”

“I believe in God more because of science than in spite of it.” – William Phillips, Nobel Laureate in Physics

and more in post one

=====

IMO, threads like those belong in forums where bashing is authorized, aka Zone 3.

but for atheists, and assholes, (notice how I separate them), there is no place for them trolling in R&E.
I completely understand. You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it. Who could possibly find fault with that?

You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it.
IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs.
You don't see that claiming anyone who doesn't share their belief is deserving of hell as an insult? Really?

" IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs. "

Can you imagine a religious discussion by Christians that didn't mention their only goal, which is an eternity in heaven to the exclusion of all that don't share their beliefs? No I can't either. Perhaps a private, invitation only thread where you don't have to allow any differences of opinion, but if you have an open discussion, it has to be open to even those that don't fall in line.
I think the problem is those types may not have time to spare arguing with people who aren't going to change their minds.
Yet plenty of believers do. The OP seems to think non believers shouldn't have a right to say they disagree.

As usual, you offer little to the topic. Even more sad, as usual, you aren't even funny.

No, Will is asking permission to cancel atheists from discussions of "Religion and Ethics."

Where did I say that?
Okay, let's see.. for one..
The religious pass conveniently without mention. Who "wants to troll"? Easy. Assholes. Ergo, atheists and assholes are to be lumped together and cancelled.

Look, I know it's a tough job. I'm just sayin'! How is religion related to ethics any more than non religion? Many atheists are very interested, serious religious scholars who get dismissed as "trolls" or "trolling" all the time. It's too easy.

Timely example.

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

and more in post one

=====

Yet plenty of believers do. The OP seems to think non believers shouldn't have a right to say they disagree.

The OP seems to think non believers shouldn't have a right to say they disagree.

They have the right to disagree.

In Zone 1, they wouldn't have the right to troll.

(just how hard is that to understand?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back