David Letterman Is Retiring...I Honestly Don't Know How To Feel

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
960x540.jpg.cf.jpg

A great man is finally going into retirement. A very funny guy who was a big part of so many people's lives. He will be greatly missed........

But let's talk instead about David Letterman.

Dave would like that joke. He was the youthful alternative to Johnny Carson. Now he's going into retirement Wednesday....to be replaced by Stephen Colbert...who I think is funny, but really odd. He's no Chevy Chase.....luckily.
9499245_1280x720.jpg.cf.jpg

Colbert has solid credentials and should do well. Problem is, I work for a living and never stay up past 10pm....so I'll never see his show. I haven't seen David's show live in years. Only snippets of his sneering comments about Republicans. But that wasn't all David was about. He's the guy with stupid pet tricks, top ten reasons to (fill in the blank). He was an iconic figure of silliness. I don't agree with his politics but he often made me laugh.

Fuck you Dave.

letterman somehow spent a lifetime of failing to finally arrive at some success by his own measure. He never got the tonight show. I suspect the reason why had a lot to do with his being a bully, and the cruel nature of his bad jokes.

Maybe now he and Paul Shaffer can admit they were secretly married in 1997.

David-Letterman-and-Paul-Shaffer.jpg

Never cared for his frat boy humor.... His attack on Sarah Palin's little daughter left me wanting to throw him through a 10th story window.....he's a piece of shit.

Forum List

Back