DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

Then start your own company arm chair CEO.

I bet you if you would have won the 1.4 billion , you would only be worth 1.4 million in 2017.

Again, if you can't see that paying a fellow American $8/hr is disgraceful, there is no hope for you. Not much point in continuing a discussion with you.

Again, if you can see that forcing your conception of "disgrace" on others is wrong, there's not much point in continuing a discussion with you.

Uh huh, Alice Walton has mad skills. She's 'worth' every penny of her several $Billions. Sure she is.

Again, you'd have to ask the people who gave her the money. Unless she stole it, someone must have though she was worth it.

I asked you the question. You seem to feel workers at Walmart aren't worth being payed even a liveable wage. So, is she worth it?

What does it matter to you and how is it relevant?

Again, if you can't see that paying a fellow American $8/hr is disgraceful, there is no hope for you. Not much point in continuing a discussion with you.

Again, if you can see that forcing your conception of "disgrace" on others is wrong, there's not much point in continuing a discussion with you.

Uh huh, Alice Walton has mad skills. She's 'worth' every penny of her several $Billions. Sure she is.

Again, you'd have to ask the people who gave her the money. Unless she stole it, someone must have though she was worth it.

I asked you the question. You seem to feel workers at Walmart aren't worth being payed even a liveable wage. So, is she worth it?

You folks don't feel Walmart Workers are 'worth' much. So how much do you feel Alice Walton is worth? Is she really worth her several $Billions?

You folks don't feel Walmart Workers are 'worth' much. So how much do you feel Alice Walton is worth? Is she really worth her several $Billions?

Some people think so. Should my opinion override theirs? Should yours?

Some people think so. Should my opinion override theirs? Should yours?

She has no skills. She's just a pampered rich Daddy's little girl. The cretin should be in prison.

I think those lowly paid Walmart workers would have a lot more value to Walmart IF they all decided to just live the good life on welfare and SNAP (like most of you rightwingers think they do) and not show up for work for a while.

All that merchandise and food not being put out to sell. that would be a problem.

Anyway, Walmarts HR dept is looking to hire the lowest skilled workers they can find. It is not in Walmarts best interest to have a smarter, more motivated workforce.

they (smarter, more motivated) wont stay for those wages if they have anything on the ball. And turnover is as hard on Walmart as any other company.

So you end up with a large workforce making minimum wage in a job that is probably all they can do.

Walmart has recently increased the hourly earnings for a great many employees.

Out of the kindness of their hearts you think?

Or did they do that because of pubic disapproval of the way they were instructing their employees on how to get SNAP? Well, that and the public was wondering why a company making billions in profit couldnt pay a LITTLE bit more to their hourly workers.

Either way it was good for the employees. Which is actually good for Walmart.

Must really make you Republicans on here who think these workers are only worth 5 bucks an hour, it must make you wonder why Walmart would raise wages. It was like a betrayal to you rabid wage cutters.

And when you shop at Walmart, your bill might be more. You know Walmarts gonna pass those wage increases on to you.

the employees get a discount. LMAO....

I think those lowly paid Walmart workers would have a lot more value to Walmart IF they all decided to just live the good life on welfare and SNAP (like most of you rightwingers think they do) and not show up for work for a while.

All that merchandise and food not being put out to sell. that would be a problem.

Anyway, Walmarts HR dept is looking to hire the lowest skilled workers they can find. It is not in Walmarts best interest to have a smarter, more motivated workforce.

they (smarter, more motivated) wont stay for those wages if they have anything on the ball. And turnover is as hard on Walmart as any other company.

So you end up with a large workforce making minimum wage in a job that is probably all they can do.

Or did they do that because of pubic disapproval of the way they were instructing their employees on how to get SNAP? Well, that and the public was wondering why a company making billions in profit couldnt pay a LITTLE bit more to their hourly workers.

Must really make you Republicans on here who think these workers are only worth 5 bucks an hour, it must make you wonder why Walmart would raise wages. It was like a betrayal to you rabid wage cutters.

And when you shop at Walmart, your bill might be more. You know Walmarts gonna pass those wage increases on to you.

5 bucks an hour?! Ha, fat greedy white Republican dudes think they should work as slaves for free. They should just be happy to have a job. So, 5 bucks? No way, that would make them 'rich.' And we can't make the Walton's slaves 'rich.' Seriously, you can't reason with those people. Their hate & greed consumes them.

They're DEMANDING a handout. If someone is being paid what their skills are worth, it isn't inhumane.

If they were being paid $4/hr for $8/hr skills, you would have an argument. They're not. You simply don't like equality.

$8/hr is a pathetic disgrace in today's America. If you don't see that, there's no possibility of reasoning with you. We as a nation can do better. We can treat our Workers better.

I bet you if you would have won the 1.4 billion , you would only be worth 1.4 million in 2017.

Since she has the money, she sure is worth that much.

So not show up to work because you don't like receiving a wage you agreed to when you took the job? And you morons wonder why the only job they can get is one like that.

$8/hr is a pathetic disgrace in today's America. If you don't see that, there's no possibility of reasoning with you. We as a nation can do better. We can treat our Workers better.

Paulitiician is angry because he was fired after he pissed in the fryer.

Uh huh, Alice Walton works so damn hard for those $Billions. Poor ole murderer must be plumb tuckered out. Man, you greedy bastids aren't just greedy, you're delusional too.

Paulitiician is angry because he was fired after he pissed in the fryer.

With it being hot oil, I bet it "pissed" back on him.

Uh huh, Alice Walton works so damn hard for those $Billions. Poor old murderer is plumb tuckered out. Man, you greedy bastids aren't just greedy, you're delusional too.

You mean like the welfare freeloaders work so hard for the check they get?

Again, and I don't know how many time you have to be told, if you're getting a wage equivalent to your skills, the person paying you that wage isn't greedy because you don't have as much as they do.

Oh, well then it's ok to treat them like worthless slaves. Pretty much sums up the average loyal cheapskate Walmart Shopper mentality. Folks who think that way are usually greedy white Republican douches. Another good reason to avoid Walmart. Too many of its loyal customers are just plain assholes.

My own brother did little or nothing to improve his skill set until he was well into his 30s, working minimum to slightly higher than minimum wage jobs. He learned his lesson and now works in a field where they cannot keep enough workers to meet the demand, so he no longer has to worry about getting or finding work.

Inner city workers without any chance at any type of employment will never get that chance to improve themselves.

Still not a valid justification for treating workers like worthless slaves. We can do better. We can treat our fellow Americans better. And we can start by encouraging other companies to not adopt Walmart's unethical and immoral practices.

What's unethical and immoral about paying someone with $8/hr skills $8/hr?

Paul is mad because he's been stuck working the fry station for a while now.

Yeah you said that already. Got anything else? Another good reason to not shop at Walmart. Most of its customers really are dumb dipshits.
So let's make them shop where they have to pay higher prices. That will be a good thing for them.

Uh huh, Alice Walton works so damn hard for those $Billions. Poor old murderer is plumb tuckered out. Man, you greedy bastids aren't just greedy, you're delusional too.

Again, and I don't know how many time you have to be told, if you're getting a wage equivalent to your skills, the person paying you that wage isn't greedy because you don't have as much as they do.

Yup, poor ole murderer must be so dang tuckered out. All that work she's doing and all. She's got mad skills an shit.

They're arguing for humanity. Something Walmart and criminal scum like Alice Walton don't have. You really should reconsider being a loyal Walmart shopper.

They're DEMANDING a handout. If someone is being paid what their skills are worth, it isn't inhumane.

If they were being paid $4/hr for $8/hr skills, you would have an argument. They're not. You simply don't like equality.

People at McDonald's are making $9.00 an hour here. Who do you know that makes $8 an hour?

Actually if you work down town Columbus Ohio, they pay $10.50 to start.... that's start. Not including your 60 day automatic 50¢ raise.

The only place I know that pays $8, is the small mom&pop shops in the strip malls.... which apparently the left thinks everyone should not work at the place that pays more and has benefits, but rather work at the minimum wage place with zero benefits...... because they care. Idiots.

No thanks to you people. If it were left up to you folks, they'd be making $1/hr. But that being said, even $10.50 is peanuts in today's America.

I'm a firm believer that you get paid what the skills you offer in return or worth regardless of the amount.

If it was up to bleeding hearts like you, people would be paid what they told the employer to pay them based on their situation even if that situation existed prior to being employed somewhere and due to things they did out of the control of the employer. You have it backwards. The employer, the one whose money is doing the paying, gets to decide not the one doing the work.

If someone doesn't like whatever wage it is they make, improve their skills instead of begging for more. If they spent half the time doing the former, they wouldn't have to do the latter. It would take care of itself.

Yup, poor ole murderer must be so dang tuckered out. All that work she's doing and all. She's got mad skills an shit.

She's got what you're jealous of and demand she give someone you think she owes it to.

Especially when it's being paid to someone with $5/hr skills.

You don't want reasoning, you want agreement.

If you want to pay someone more than their skills are worth, start a business and do so with YOUR money.

Who the hell is the WE? Sounds to me like you consider we as people like you demanding someone else doing the paying pay what you think an employee should make. Not how it works unless it's your money.

Alice Walton 'worth' her several $Billions?

You'd have to ask the people who have it to her.

What 'skills' does Alice Walton have? Enlighten us.

Apparently she has the ability to make her net worth something you're jealous of and piss you off because she won't do with it what you demand she should do with it. Good enough for me. I applaud her.

People at McDonald's are making $9.00 an hour here. Who do you know that makes $8 an hour?

Actually if you work down town Columbus Ohio, they pay $10.50 to start.... that's start. Not including your 60 day automatic 50¢ raise.

The only place I know that pays $8, is the small mom&pop shops in the strip malls.... which apparently the left thinks everyone should not work at the place that pays more and has benefits, but rather work at the minimum wage place with zero benefits...... because they care. Idiots.

No thanks to you people. If it were left up to you folks, they'd be making $1/hr. But that being said, even $10.50 is peanuts in today's America.

I'm a firm believer that you get paid what the skills you offer in return or worth regardless of the amount.

If it was up to bleeding hearts like you, people would be paid what they told the employer to pay them based on their situation even if that situation existed prior to being employed somewhere and due to things they did out of the control of the employer. You have it backwards. The employer, the one whose money is doing the paying, gets to decide not the one doing the work.

If someone doesn't like whatever wage it is they make, improve their skills instead of begging for more. If they spent half the time doing the former, they wouldn't have to do the latter. It would take care of itself.

Greedy white Republican dude code for: 'Fuck em, they should just shut up and be happy slaves.'

Most of them draw a monthly check from the government? Proof please.

Within 100 miles of Knoxville all the old coal miners are still around and since they strip mined everything there's little work left for them. They find it more profitable to continue on the draw. I didn't mention the 20% of them who claim to be disabled and draw from early social security. This is not a joke.....this is real:
FedAidtoStates_hi-res.png

If the part you're disagreeing with is voting Republican...nearly everybody in east TN always votes Republican. I've voted Democrat in three presidential elections.....lost every vote. In 2008 only six of the ninety five counties voted Democrat:

435px-Tennessee_Presidential_Election_Results_by_Shaded_County,_2008.svg.png

People like you have said my State is one of those that gets more than it provides. The interesting part about that is there is 1 blue district and 6 red districts with the only blue district being the poorest, by far, and getting much more than the closest red district. In fact, at one point, that blue district was #10 of 435 in how much it received.

People Like Me???? Screw You! You have no idea who I am or what I do.

I know the type asshole you are. All I need to know.

Yes we know, anyone who's honorable and tells the truth is an 'asshole' to you Wallmart-Worshipper types. You prefer greedy lying scum like those who run Walmart.

An honorable person would use the correct definition of the word greedy instead of trying to redefine it to mean someone that doesn't do with their money what you think they should do.

So not show up to work because you don't like receiving a wage you agreed to when you took the job

Hell yea. It called a workers strike. We have a histroy of them in this country.
It catches the attention of the employer.

At will employement means you can leave when you want. What? Did you think you signed an employment contract when you went to work at Walmart for 8 bucks an hour.

What were you? A serf?

But dont worry. If Walmart ever does unionize, the Walton family will be just fine.

And the employees would be better off too.

You I dont know about. I guess your favorite store might have to raise prices on you and others who shop there.

Cant have the billioniare family taking a hit now could you?

Forum List

Back