DC's Minimum Wage Really Does Cost Jobs At Walmart

Yes good sheeple, shop more at Walmart and make Alice Walton even richer. She's only a crazy evil bitch who killed a good man and cost another one his job. All Walmart-Worshippers should read up on Alice Walton's bloody sordid history. It might change their perspective a bit. Walmart was spawned from evil, and is evil. Don't give more of your hard-earned money to scum like Alice Walton. Shop elsewhere.

Like I said before, you know that other people have stock in Walmart other than the Waltons. Right?

Not interested in making scum like Alice Walton richer. I choose to shop elsewhere. And i actually kinda enjoy shoping now. Walmart's a miserable hellhole. I don't miss it at all.

Who in their right mind likes shopping? Walmart, Target, Costco, Home Depot all suck. Who can standing going into those places, give me a small mom and pop, you pay more but you support a local people.

Yeah, large chain stores suck so bad that when I needed a shower faucet handle I went to a local store to find a replacement and paid $7.00. Lowe's sells them for less than $4.00. As a highly underpaid public school teacher, I can't afford to pay almost double.

"a highly underpaid public school teacher"
I suggest you do what MOST suggest Walmart employess do...change jobs.
C'mon, the slum people can do it so certainly you can.
Get the sarcasm?

Walmart has decided not to build some of the stores that it had said it would inWashington DC.

Snip

The reason Walmart isn’t going to open those new stores:

Evans said that, behind closed doors, Walmart officials were more frank about the reasons the company was downsizing. He said the company cited the District’s rising minimum wage, now at $11.50 an hour and possibly going to $15 an hour if a proposed ballot measure is successful in November. He also said a proposal for legislation requiring D.C. employers to pay into a fund for family and medical leave for employees, and another effort to require a minimum amount of hours for hourly workers were compounding costs and concerns for the retailer.

*snip*

it was time for awl-mart to stop using us to subsidize it's workers health care and food costs

the walton family didn't lose money. and there are still four of them in the ten wealthiest people in the world. so i'm pretty sure they didn't close the stores because of a little bit higher wages.

I have several questions:

Why do liberals not understand that as a business you cannot keep a store operating that is losing money?

If it was making money, why would you close it?

Are you people honestly that stupid?
If Walmarts have such RAZOR THIN profits, why does it make BILLIONS every year?
Someone's math is off.
Because they're the largest retailer in the US, if not the world.
Dumbshit

Walmart has decided not to build some of the stores that it had said it would inWashington DC.

Snip

Evans said that, behind closed doors, Walmart officials were more frank about the reasons the company was downsizing. He said the company cited the District’s rising minimum wage, now at $11.50 an hour and possibly going to $15 an hour if a proposed ballot measure is successful in November. He also said a proposal for legislation requiring D.C. employers to pay into a fund for family and medical leave for employees, and another effort to require a minimum amount of hours for hourly workers were compounding costs and concerns for the retailer.

*snip*

it was time for awl-mart to stop using us to subsidize it's workers health care and food costs

the walton family didn't lose money. and there are still four of them in the ten wealthiest people in the world. so i'm pretty sure they didn't close the stores because of a little bit higher wages.

Why do liberals not understand that as a business you cannot keep a store operating that is losing money?

Someone's math is off.

Last year, $485 billion in revenue, $16.8 billion in net income.
Less than 3.5% of sales.

closing 100 stores. wow those progressive/lib/democrats are just wonderful for bringing in JOBS for you eh?

You would think since Costco is the liberal poster child on here, they would have jumped at the chance to open stores in the DC market before Walmart arrived, wonder why they didn't do that?

Costco is in DC, dumbass.

Washington dc Costco Warehouse- Costco

Not in the poor, crappy part of DC.

Snip

*snip*

Someone's math is off.

Less than 3.5% of sales.

Maybe not razor thin. None the less still billions in net income.

I bet you had some other point you were trying to make? What was it?

What the fuck you talking about? The stores they were going to open up was around 450 jobs. Where their is no FUCKING jobs.

The three stores that opened up in the D.C. area had like 5,000 applicants for only 300 jobs if memory serves me correctly.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.
Smaller stores with less leeching government power will fill the gap.

In case you are unaware no small business filled that gap in D.C. you idiot.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

Yea we know that liberals are anti business and rather have them on food stamps voting for democrats.

Also it is a myth if you raise minimum wage nationally the entitlements would go down. They would have to raise the threshold for the programs because they are still making Minimum wage and are still FUCKING POOR.

So all you're really advocating for is an increase in the number of working poor in the country.

I'm advocating that those whose lack of skills cause them to be poor better their skills.

Oakland minimum wage increase may be behind Walmart closure

Walmart has announced that it will be closing two Bay Area stores as part of a larger closing of 269 stores in the U.S. and South America. The company says either they didn't perform well enough or they didn't fit into long term planning. Customers aren't buying that theory.

Here's a map of the Walmart closings. Almost all are in the South, which are not high minimum wage states.

Busted! lol

Here’s a list and map of all the Walmart store closings in the US

Almost all? Depends on what you call the south. I'm sure you'll include places that aren't to twist your claim but that's your prerogative.

Snip

*snip*

Someone's math is off.

Less than 3.5% of sales.

Idiots pretend they have huge profits. Their margins are not that large.
Adding some actual facts to the discussion. You're welcome.

Walmart has announced that it will be closing two Bay Area stores as part of a larger closing of 269 stores in the U.S. and South America. The company says either they didn't perform well enough or they didn't fit into long term planning. Customers aren't buying that theory.

Here's a map of the Walmart closings. Almost all are in the South, which are not high minimum wage states.

Busted! lol

Almost all? Depends on what you call the south. I'm sure you'll include places that aren't to twist your claim but that's your prerogative.

Look at the map and then you tell us what your parameters are that would make my claim false.

Busted! lol

Look at the map and then you tell us what your parameters are that would make my claim false.

You said almost al are in the South. By doing that, you must set the parameters of what you define as the South. Until you make that distinction, no need for me to set parameters. Your claim, your responsibility.

In case you were unaware, Walmart instructs their low wage employees how to apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps.
No Walmart jobs = no extra Middle Class Tax Payer money going to support low wage Walmart employees.
Smaller stores with less leeching government power will fill the gap.

Than tough. I don't need a Walmart in my area teaching people how to suck up more of my tax money.

Yea we know that liberals are anti business and rather have them on food stamps voting for democrats.

Also it is a myth if you raise minimum wage nationally the entitlements would go down. They would have to raise the threshold for the programs because they are still making Minimum wage and are still FUCKING POOR.

So all you're really advocating for is an increase in the number of working poor in the country.

I'm advocating that those whose lack of skills cause them to be poor better their skills.

A person who moves out of a 'working poor' job leaves that job open to be filled by another person who becomes one of the 'working poor'.

People who fulfill the duties of an essential fulltime job should not have to be poor.

Busted! lol

You said almost al are in the South. By doing that, you must set the parameters of what you define as the South. Until you make that distinction, no need for me to set parameters. Your claim, your responsibility.

So your big contribution to this debate is to protest common knowledge over what in normal conversation a reference to 'the South' is?

Jesus Christ you people get more retarded every day.

A person who moves out of a 'working poor' job leaves that job open to be filled by another person who becomes one of the 'working poor'.

People who fulfill the duties of an essential fulltime job should not have to be poor.

People who can't offer skills to financially make it cause their own poverty.

Someone's math is off.

Less than 3.5% of sales.

Walmarts business model is built on low margin, high volume sales. It works for them.

You act like billions in net profits is chump change. You da man.

Busted! lol

So your big contribution to this debate is to protest common knowledge over what in normal conversation the reference to the 'the South' is?

Jesus Christ you people get more retarded every day.

If it's so common you wouldn't have a problem saying it. Since you won't, it seems you people get more cowardly every day.

You made the claim dickhead, support it. Trying to pass off on me what you're unwilling to do proves your idiocy.

Someone's math is off.

Less than 3.5% of sales.

Then I suggest the Waltons go into a better line of business.
Or maybe without Sam they don't have the skillset.
Get the sarcasm?

Someone's math is off.

Less than 3.5% of sales.

Walmarts business model is built on low margin, high volume sales. It works for them.

You act like billions in net profits is chump change. You da man.

A 3.5% profit margin doesn't mean they can suddenly raise the wages of their unskilled workers by a huge amount and still remain profitable.

Someone's math is off.

Less than 3.5% of sales.

Get the sarcasm?

Or they can ignore the idiotic suggestions of idiots.

Someone's math is off.

Less than 3.5% of sales.

Get the sarcasm?

Or they can ignore the idiotic suggestions of idiots.
Don't talk about yourself that way.
Now back to your continuous snide, upper crust remarks that slum residents can ALWAYS find another job.
Apparently they CAN'T.

Forum List

Back