Dear fellow Conservatives....

My journey to conservatism and the Libertarian Party is a long and complicated one. The only part that matters to this thread is that the hallmark of that journey is learning the importance of thinking for myself.

The Internet, especially Facebook is rife with misinformation, out if context statements, strawman arguments and even outright bull shit. I'm referring to the stuff that is coming FROM THE RIGHT.

Now, just about everything coming from the left is utter bull shit but we expect that. We conservatives don't need to do that. The left does it because they are devoid of facts, logic, and rational thought. We cannot allow ourselves to resort to the same things. The truth will win out, we need to stick to it.

I'm posting this as a result of my complete surprise to see on Facebook, conservative pages complaining if a liberal environmental message in the new Godzilla movie. I had just seen the movie and saw NO Environmental agenda being driven. This message seems to be going viral and it's obvious that whoever started it didn't see the movie.

Does Hollywood push the left wing agenda? Yes we all know that they do but they don't ALWAYS. They did not in this movie.

Be conservative, be skeptical, oppose Obama and the DNC, fight the destructive left wing agenda whenever and wherever it raises its ugly head, but don't abandon that's at important of conservative traits: thinking for yourself.
Yup, both sides have their agitators and demonizers. Except the left seems to have cornered that market in recent years.

Yeah, and I'm probably not going to stop even our side from doing it too. As I speak the number if conservatives adding their comments to the idiotic Facebook rant about the Godzilla movie is growing. Logically I can see how people are so easily tempted to let others think for them, it just makes me sad because we don't have to do that. The libs of course have to have group thought, engaging their brains would cause them to become conservative.
Liberals have been demonizing and dividing Americans against each other like never before since Obama took over. Rich vs poor, big business vs workers, whites vs minorities, environmentalists vs big oil, practicing Christians vs women's rights and gays, etc. They make Americans hate each other and reap the rewards at the polls. It's their standard playbook and will use it every election until the conservatives wake up.

What conservatives need is a Reagan like figure that can disarm the liberal attacks. Romney was a good candidate but the primaries and bad advisors destroyed his candidacy.

Yup, both sides have their agitators and demonizers. Except the left seems to have cornered that market in recent years.

Yeah, and I'm probably not going to stop even our side from doing it too. As I speak the number if conservatives adding their comments to the idiotic Facebook rant about the Godzilla movie is growing. Logically I can see how people are so easily tempted to let others think for them, it just makes me sad because we don't have to do that. The libs of course have to have group thought, engaging their brains would cause them to become conservative.
Liberals have been demonizing and dividing Americans against each other like never before since Obama took over. Rich vs poor, big business vs workers, whites vs minorities, environmentalists vs big oil, practicing Christians vs women's rights and gays, etc. They make Americans hate each other and reap the rewards at the polls. It's their standard playbook and will use it every election until the conservatives wake up.

What conservatives need is a Reagan like figure that can disarm the liberal attacks. Romney was a good candidate but the primaries and bad advisors destroyed his candidacy.

Liberals make Americans hate each other?

That's quite a statement.

Liberals practice and preach identity politics, that kind if thing is divisive.

You mean besides the one we are already having?

We are being cordial. But we are not diving very deep. I think you will agree.

But it's the subject I think. That is why I suggested something else. Unless you think that we don't need to maintain a skeptical eye, mistrust most of what we hear, and think for ourselves then the subject can't get very deep I'm afraid.

I am trying to understand why you believe that I am not a very skeptical person. I am incredibly skeptical and I hardly ever take people whom I do not know personally....especially politicians....at their word.

That you think I would ever accept talking points from anyone makes no sense.

Really? Unilaterally?

That's a cool buzz word. Identity politics. Do conservatives practice and preach it as well?

How the hell can anyone make another person hate someone?

We are being cordial. But we are not diving very deep. I think you will agree.

But it's the subject I think. That is why I suggested something else. Unless you think that we don't need to maintain a skeptical eye, mistrust most of what we hear, and think for ourselves then the subject can't get very deep I'm afraid.

I am trying to understand why you believe that I am not a very skeptical person. I am incredibly skeptical and I hardly ever take people whom I do not know personally....especially politicians....at their word.

I don't believe I ever said that of you. I think you missed an important word in my statement. I was saying that unless you disagree with those things then we cannot go deeper into that particular subject.

You think for yourself and you're a Conservative?

Show us the WMD in Iraq.

If you really want to go there, I will make the effort to list the names of all Democrats in the Senate and the House who voted for war in Iraq, for that very reason.
Actually, if I am not mistaken the Democrats in the Senate and House voted to give the president the right to make the final decision. Voting for war and voting to allow someone else to make the decision for war are two very different things. But the fact of the matter is this, once a thought does manage to reach the brain of a conservative it is there forever, regardless of the facts.

I don't believe I ever said that of you. I think you missed an important word in my statement. I was saying that unless you disagree with those things then we cannot go deeper into that particular subject.

Hmmmm.

Hmmmm.

I mean, going back to your question wondering why we can't have a conversation now, I was explaining why the subject of this thread isn't a good one to go deeper on because it has kind of run its course.

That is your opinion, and I know that people who smoke pot exist in the LP Party but it isn't the whole party by any stretch of the imagination. But this is a discussion for another thread.

Even without the pot argument, doesn't it make more sense to work within the republican party than waste a vote on a forlorn hope that a party that has never garnered a single electoral vote in 150 years can sill somehow elect a president? You can tell by the left wing hysteria that they hate and fear the Tea Party because it is s strong influence in the GOP. My guess is the post is either based on ignorance or it is a part of the left wing dirty tricks plan to suppress voter turnout in the republican party.

Ok, like I said, this is off topic. The relative merits of the LP has been discussed many times before. You had the last word now so I'll go back to the relevant posts.

My post is relevant and on topic for the original post. Don't you understand that all the blather about a 3rd party is nonsense? What would you rather talk about?

Really? Unilaterally?

That's a cool buzz word. Identity politics. Do conservatives practice and preach it as well?

Yeah pretty much unilaterally: we aren't Americans to them, we are blacks, Hispanics, whites, Christians, Muslims, gay, straight, transgender, male, female, old, young, rich or poor. If you are anything but old rich and white you are supposed to be a democrat or you are either a traitor to your group, or a puppet of the rich old white guy.

Conservatives can also do this of course but not anywhere approaching the level if the left.

Once the identity politics is established, the hatred comes naturally.

Last edited:
Even without the pot argument, doesn't it make more sense to work within the republican party than waste a vote on a forlorn hope that a party that has never garnered a single electoral vote in 150 years can sill somehow elect a president? You can tell by the left wing hysteria that they hate and fear the Tea Party because it is s strong influence in the GOP. My guess is the post is either based on ignorance or it is a part of the left wing dirty tricks plan to suppress voter turnout in the republican party.

Ok, like I said, this is off topic. The relative merits of the LP has been discussed many times before. You had the last word now so I'll go back to the relevant posts.

My post is relevant and on topic for the original post. Don't you understand that all the blather about a 3rd party is nonsense? What would you rather talk about?

I don't know what OP you were reading but mine wasn't about being libertarian. It was about conservatives stooping to the low tactics of the left.

It's reality. The Democrat strategy has been to gain voters by dividing Americans. The more poor, dependent, and dissatisfied people, the more voters for Democrats.

Really? Unilaterally?

Yeah pretty much unilaterally: we aren't Americans the them, we are blacks, Hispanics, whites, Christians, Muslims, gay, straight, transgender, male, female, old, young, rich or poor. If you are anything but old rich and white you are supposed to be a democrat or you are either a traitor to your group, or a puppet of the rich old white guy.

Conservatives can also do this of course but not anywhere approaching the level if the left.

Once the identity politics is established, the hatred comes naturally.

To who? Liberals?

I am a white dude who is turning 50 in a few months. I have a good income and I will retire comfortably. I am not a registered Democrat.

You're not making sense to me. I see you as an American.

In what ways to conservatives practice identity politics? Do you personally do so?

It's reality. The Democrat strategy has been to gain voters by dividing Americans. The more poor, dependent, and dissatisfied people, the more voters for Democrats.

Kindly establish that poor, dependent people vote in large numbers.

Thanks.

I didn't read this entire thread, so I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but liberals are notorious for posing as conservatives and saying things designed to make us look like extremists. They've done that at a lot of Tea Party rallies. I would be suspicious of anyone claiming to be a conservative posting unreasonable sounding messages on Facebook as well. They are most likely liberals. Like you said, conservatives have the truth on their side and I don't know any who resort to obvious untruths, especially when they don't have to. The truth is more damaging to liberals than any lie one could dream up.

I didn't read this entire thread, so I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but liberals are notorious for posing as conservatives and saying things designed to make us look like extremists. They've done that at a lot of Tea Party rallies. I would be suspicious of anyone claiming to be a conservative posting unreasonable sounding messages on Facebook as well. They are most likely liberals. Like you said, conservatives have the truth on their side and I don't know any who resort to obvious untruths, especially when they don't have to. The truth is more damaging to liberals than any lie one could dream up.

Really? Can you cite an example of a liberal pretending to be a conservative and posting something that makes you look like an extremist? An example of an unreasonable sounding message that no conservative would ever say?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Thanks.
The more poor people created, the more dependents on the federal govt., the more dependents on the federal govt., the more Democrat voters. Obama has been an all star record breaker when it comes to creating those types of voters. This president is not a united, he's a divider. Meanwhile he pretends like he's actually fighting for the poor and downtrodden, and the ignorant masses are assisted by the leftist media are falling for it.

That’s rich: Poverty level under Obama breaks 50-year record
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-on-fighting-poverty-doesnt-match-h/?page=all

Friday, 10 January 2014
Welfare Hits Record Levels After 50 Years of War on Poverty

USDA: Record 20 percent of American households used food stamps in 2013

Last edited:

Thanks.
The more poor people created, the more dependents on the federal govt., the more dependents on the federal govt., the more Democrat voters. Obama has been an all star record breaker when it comes to creating those types of voters. This president is not a united, he's a divider. Meanwhile he pretends like he's actually fighting for the poor and downtrodden, and the ignorant masses are assisted by the leftist media are falling for it.

That’s rich: Poverty level under Obama breaks 50-year record
Poverty level under Obama breaks 50-year record - Washington Times

Friday, 10 January 2014
Welfare Hits Record Levels After 50 Years of War on Poverty

USDA: Record 20 percent of American households used food stamps in 2013

Where is the info on voting? Anything?

Forum List

Back