Death is Not the Endpoint: An ER Doctor's Perspective

Watched my parents die. Didn't see anything that suggested they went anywhere. They suffered long, hard and without purpose and then they were gone.

Watched my parents die. Didn't see anything that suggested they went anywhere. They suffered long, hard and without purpose and then they were gone.
Same with my parents, and sister, and many others. But the doctor didn't see anything either -- just the word of EVERY PATIENT: "why did you bring me back? I was at peace."

Same with my parents, and sister, and many others. But the doctor didn't see anything either -- just the word of EVERY PATIENT: "why did you bring me back? I was at peace."

Waking up in a hospital full of pain and bewilderment is about as bad as it gets. Waking up after surgery is traumatic. You go from the peace of total comatose oblivion directly to the ridiculous level of sensory overload that is present in a hospital recovery room.

Reading a book entitled Imagine Heaven by John Burke. Near death experiences God's promises, and the exhilarating future that awaits you.

If you believe.
I'm surprised that the God Haters haven't pointed to the theory that the "death experience" was the random firing of neurons as they begin to die. That's one atheist theory. Still, according to the doctor, ALL of his patients were at peace at death. Regardless of the experience, it should bring some comfort to those who have lost someone. It does for me.

I'm surprised that the God Haters haven't pointed to the theory that the "death experience" was the random firing of neurons as they begin to die. That's one atheist theory. Still, according to the doctor, ALL of his patients were at peace at death. Regardless of the experience, it should bring some comfort to those who have lost someone. It does for me.
Only half way thru the book. There was one example of a guy they were working on who kept coding that was screaming " Don't let me go back, I'm in hell". Can't remember if he pulled through.

Remember what it was like before you were born?

That's what it will be like for you after you are dead.

Forum List

Back