Death of the Coffee Shop!

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
Due to rampant success and nearly 3,000,000 views and thousands of posts, the board administration fears for the viability of the Coffee Shop. It's almost like it burned down during the night and some of us are just shuffling in before we heard the news.

Let's hope that Foxy can get a lease on a new spot and the coffee maker made it through the fire.

I have had some problems with the forum for a few weeks. I couldn't really decide if there was a problem with my computer or the forum. I did everything to my computer to fix the problem and it still happened. I wondered if maybe these very long threads weren't causing some problems. They have on every forum I've ever been on. So this is nothing out of the ordinary. The coffee shop will be back. While you wait, kick your heels back in the Tavern [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION] opened.

Here's irony for ya: when the victims of a fire are standing in the afterglow as the firemen roll up the hoses and call it a day, the Red Cross is there to hand out coffee and donuts to the survivors.

This will have to tide us over until the next place opens up.

Donut-Mugs.jpg

five bucks ropey starts the new coffee shop!!!
And cut Foxy's legs out from under her? No way!

She owns the franchise. The cups, saucers, coffee pots and love all belong to her. You just can't open a new shop without her consent (or pay the outrageous franchise fee)

he did it to martex keep a word delete a word...... so why not the coffee shop?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/305638-the-delete-keep-a-word-game.html

Well, I'm about tired. I've been cooking today. I just decided to take some time and make some potato salad and coleslaw, which due to the mess, I rarely make. I also have some steaks thawing to grill, but will do those tomorrow. It is raining today. I also cooked the new tortellini dish I tried last week. So, I have enough food for 3 days. But August roles around in 2 days, and I'm going to turn my attention to paining the walls. Need to eat while I can.

Well, I'm about tired. I've been cooking today. I just decided to take some time and make some potato salad and coleslaw, which due to the mess, I rarely make. I also have some steaks thawing to grill, but will do those tomorrow. It is raining today. I also cooked the new tortellini dish I tried last week. So, I have enough food for 3 days. But August roles around in 2 days, and I'm going to turn my attention to paining the walls. Need to eat while I can.

That all sounds delicious, I'm going to be making Vodka sauce today.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Vodka sauce? Recipe?
My buddy made a nice, refreshing summer beverage by peeling and slicing some grapefruit and steeping it in vodka. Serve chilled or over ice...

I stopped at one of the great Italian restaurants here this weekend and got an antipasto salad to go. It's huge with salami, ham, cappocola (gabagool) and cubes of mozzarella swimming in their own house dressing. Then I bought a half dozen ears of fresh sweet corn. Together, they make a grand light summertime supper.

The thing about corn on the cob is you know you ate corn on the cob the next day.

Something with egg plant tonight. I don't know what, but I was instructed to buy a nice small eggplant and some fresh bread crumbs.

I have had some problems with the forum for a few weeks. I couldn't really decide if there was a problem with my computer or the forum. I did everything to my computer to fix the problem and it still happened. I wondered if maybe these very long threads weren't causing some problems. They have on every forum I've ever been on. So this is nothing out of the ordinary. The coffee shop will be back. While you wait, kick your heels back in the Tavern [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION] opened.

You should be good to go now, what you were experiencing was from all the activity on two huge threads. Without getting too technical this is what happens. Whenever somebody (guest included) views that thread the server scans the ENTIRE thread to know what page the person is viewing (loads the server) then if they post it rescans again to put it in the proper place and update the ENTIRE thread yet again (more load) then the system scans for everyone who subscribed to the thread, finds the new post and pushes it out to all the subscribers (even more load)

almost 3 million views and over a thousand pages. Surprised it made it this far, but it did :) :cuckoo:

You should be good to go now, what you were experiencing was from all the activity on two huge threads. Without getting too technical this is what happens. Whenever somebody (guest included) views that thread the server scans the ENTIRE thread to know what page the person is viewing (loads the server) then if they post it rescans again to put it in the proper place and update the ENTIRE thread yet again (more load) then the system scans for everyone who subscribed to the thread, finds the new post and pushes it out to all the subscribers (even more load)

almost 3 million views and over a thousand pages. Surprised it made it this far, but it did :) :cuckoo:

@cereal_killer

I may be more effective to just take the OP, split it off and start a new thread.

Vodka sauce? Recipe?
My buddy made a nice, refreshing summer beverage by peeling and slicing some grapefruit and steeping it in vodka. Serve chilled or over ice...

Easy Vodka Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

This is what I use but I add mushrooms and sausage to it.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This is almost the saddest day of my life.

The saddest day happened when I was about 5 years old. I had a little dog named "Fluffy". My Mother backed over him with the car and killed him. I pitched such a crying fit that my Mother took Fluffy's remains to the taxidermist and had him stuffed and put wheels on his feet and a little chain around his neck. I used him for a pull toy until I was about 7.

The closure of the Coffee Shop ranks right up there with the untimely death of Fluffy.

Please save us from ourselves, Foxy. Open up the new coffee shop soon.

Also, please don't allow cats inside of the new coffee shop. You can see what they did to the old one.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

This is almost the saddest day of my life.

The saddest day happened when I was about 5 years old. I had a little dog named "Fluffy". My Mother backed over him with the car and killed him. I pitched such a crying fit that my Mother took Fluffy's remains to the taxidermist and had him stuffed and put wheels on his feet and a little chain around his neck. I used him for a pull toy until I was about 7.

The closure of the Coffee Shop ranks right up there with the untimely death of Fluffy.

Please save us from ourselves, Foxy. Open up the new coffee shop soon.

Also, please don't allow cats inside of the new coffee shop. You can see what they did to the old one.

oh it did not close... it just brunt down. Wait for the insurance check and it will be back before you know it.

Forum List

Back