Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Right leaning & pro capital punishment

Votes: 65 44.5%
  • Right leaning & anti capital punishment

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Right leaning & ambivalent

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
I would like to know what you consider the other blight: 2nd Amendment? Abortion? Something else?

Immie

Abortion
Abortion is not a social blight is a womens right
the second social blight is one citizen telling another what they can and cannot do with their own body according to some writing in as ancient book of fables
im not a republican or am i a democrat
i believe in prochoice and the death penalty

your opinion,I on the other hand look past the rationals people like you use to justify your stances,I am willing to except that every abortion kills a person .I have personally had a conversation with a survivor of an attempted abortion,a very enlightening experience

Abortions kill people its that simple,saying other wise is a denial of one's own exsistance.

What is the point of killing someone to show that killing is wrong? Stupid logic right there.

That's not the point of the death penalty. The point is justice. They DESERVE it. Why should they be allowed to live? I mean do you even try to empathize with the victums of their crime?

Hi-Fi murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's torture waaaaay beyond waterboarding.....noway those guys should live any longer than it takes to get a conviction and an execution.

The point is revenge.

No justice....how do you read something like that and not get pissed at those people. and how do you see anything but death as sufficient?

Do you even think about the horror those victums went through?
Do you even care?

I would not have a problem with capital punishment AT ALL, if I had confidence in our criminal justice system and our governments.

the fact that some people do not deserve to live is obvious.

The fact that our governments are bent AND incompetent too likewise obvious.

That's not the point of the death penalty. The point is justice. They DESERVE it. Why should they be allowed to live? I mean do you even try to empathize with the victums of their crime?

That's torture waaaaay beyond waterboarding.....noway those guys should live any longer than it takes to get a conviction and an execution.

The point is revenge.

No justice....how do you read something like that and not get pissed at those people. and how do you see anything but death as sufficient?

Do you even care?

Murderers are barbaric in what they do

So is a society that executes them

The DP is an issue I go back and forth on.

On one hand, I really do see that there are some crimes so horrific, giving this guy a lifetime of "three hots and a cot" isn't really much of a punishment. I remember the videotape of mass-killer Richard Spec smuggled out of prison where he's having sex with his cellmate and smoking pot and bragging, "If they knew how much fun I was having in prison, they'd let me out."

(Speck killed 8 student nurses in 1968, was sentenced to death, and had his sentence commutted by the Supreme Court in 1971.)

The counterpoint, though, is that too often, our system makes mistakes, and the DP is a mistake that can't be fixed. In IL, we've let 16 people off death row because someone else did the crime. That's more than we executed after the DP was resumed.

Do you even care?

Not doing so is an insult to the victims.

It doesn't do future victims any good either. A live murderer can kill again.

Do you even care?

Most of the states do not use the death penalty
Most countries do not use the death penalty

It is reserved for barbarians

Wondering how much death penalty opinions align with general party affiliation.

My first poll. Hope this works.

Most lefties are anti death penalty, and most conservatives are bloodthirsty fucks, it would seem.

Most lefties are blood thirsty pro death fucks as long as the life is that of a helpless innocent preborn baby.

And it only "seems" to assholes of no intellectual capacity that "most" conservatives are blood thirsty at all.

RAWHIDE, baby.

I'm a moderate and I don't believe in the death penalty simply because it costs us more money than life in prison. Whenever possible, they should be saving the tax payers money.

It costs no more in upkeep to keep someone on death row than life. The costs occur in an endless appeal process. Limit the appeals and save the money.

The most expensive prisoners to keep are those killers who got life instead of the death penalty. They go on to kill other prisoners or guards. Just for fun they will plan and instigate a prison riot.

These actions are not without punishment. They get sent to a super prison like Pelican Bay. The prisoners are so dangerous that they are not allowed contact with one another. They never have lights out. The guard to pirsoner ratio is two to one. They eat their pre cut up meat with specially made paper utensils. There are no prison jobs for them. They don't clean or do laundry. Everything is done for them and we pay for that. These are the most expensive prisons in the world.

If you are anti death penalty because you think it's cheaper. Look into it a bit more and see what the real financial picture is.
Not so.

The cost of keeping a prisoner on death row runs 40% to 100% higher than putting them in the general population because the prisoners are isolated on death row from each other as well as being isolated from the general population plus death row facilities have higher security than the general population facilities.

Your're also wrong about lifers. Lifers, unlike death row inmates, are kept in the general population not in expensive high security facilities. Surprisingly, lifers often make the best prisoners. Your claim that murders in the general population increase cost again is not so. If any anything they reduce cost if they kill and are usually not prosecuted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/25/us/25prisons.html?pagewanted=all

Last edited:
Well... there ya have it... it's more expensive to maintain them on Death Row for extended periods... cut the No. of appeals and the length of time allotted for appeals by 50-80% and call it good enough.

Well... there ya have it... it's more expensive to maintain them on Death Row for extended periods... cut the No. of appeals and the length of time allotted for appeals by 50-80% and call it good enough.
That's not likely to happen because a number of those prisoners on death row that were proved innocent by DNA evidence would have been executed.

That's not likely to happen because a number of those prisoners on death row that were proved innocent by DNA evidence would have been executed.

Of course not... I was being a smart-ass... ;-)

Oh, you were being Sardonic?

Kind of hard to tell. After your stirring defense of Popenfuhrer Pius XII, I thought you said stupid things normally.

Last edited:
Abortion is not a social blight is a womens right
the second social blight is one citizen telling another what they can and cannot do with their own body according to some writing in as ancient book of fables
im not a republican or am i a democrat
i believe in prochoice and the death penalty

your opinion,I on the other hand look past the rationals people like you use to justify your stances,I am willing to except that every abortion kills a person .I have personally had a conversation with a survivor of an attempted abortion,a very enlightening experience

Abortions kill people its that simple,saying other wise is a denial of one's own exsistance.
Your the one thats rationising that abortion is killing a person
there isnt a law in the USA that supports that assumption .
its a religious dogma .
no scientific data to support the fact that a fetus is a PERSON before its born.
if a fetus was a *person*it would be issued a name S/S # AND REGISTERED WHILE IN THE WOMB ,, but it isnt ...... NO manipulation of the facts to suit your religious mandate will change that so shut the fuck up

Last edited:

Do you even care?

The victims are dead, you have no idea whether they would want their killer to be executed.

The point is revenge.

Do you even care?

Life in prison with no chance of parole is the proper punishment, not killing someone to prove that killing is wrong.

The point is revenge.

Do you even care?

Life in prison with no chance of parole is the proper punishment, not killing someone to prove that killing is wrong.

They will never understand that.

The point is revenge.

Do you even care?

IMO there is no point to it. It does not deter crime. It costs more than keeping someone in prison for life. It comes down to the desire for vengence and punishment, which I don't support. Also, there are innocent people who have been put to death because they were wrongly convicted. The possiblity of that makes the whole system wrong. And bottom line, for me, it just brings me down to their level, i.e., the State killing people in my name. Life without parole is my preference for heinous crimes.

Last edited:

Do you even care?

IMO there is no point to it. It does not deter crime. It costs more than keeping someone in prison for life. It comes down to the desire for vengence and punishment, which I don't support. Also, there are innocent people who have been put to death because they were wrongly convicted. The possiblity of that makes the whole systemm wrong. And bottom line, for me, it just brings me down to their level, i.e., the State killing people in my name. Life without parole is my preference for heinous crimes.

Life without parole is a worse penalty than putting them out of their misery.

Forum List

Back