Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Right leaning & pro capital punishment

Votes: 65 44.5%
  • Right leaning & anti capital punishment

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Right leaning & ambivalent

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
I'm for the death penalty in the case of heinous crimes.

But the bar should be raised from reasonable doubt to beyond all doubt in the sentencing stage.

How do you feel about death by Hellfire?

You are not alone,we have 2 major social blights,capital punishment is one of them.

Its been proven to be really arbitrary in its use,and we make a huge mockery of the whole thing,whats with swabbing the injection sight with alcohol?? you are just moments from killing the person,yet we swab their arms,it's disgusting.

I would like to know what you consider the other blight: 2nd Amendment? Abortion? Something else?

Immie

Abortion
Abortion is not a social blight is a womens right
the second social blight is one citizen telling another what they can and cannot do with their own body according to some writing in as ancient book of fables
im not a republican or am i a democrat
i believe in prochoice and the death penalty

Last edited:
I'm a moderate and I don't believe in the death penalty simply because it costs us more money than life in prison. Whenever possible, they should be saving the tax payers money.

It costs no more in upkeep to keep someone on death row than life. The costs occur in an endless appeal process. Limit the appeals and save the money.

The most expensive prisoners to keep are those killers who got life instead of the death penalty. They go on to kill other prisoners or guards. Just for fun they will plan and instigate a prison riot.

These actions are not without punishment. They get sent to a super prison like Pelican Bay. The prisoners are so dangerous that they are not allowed contact with one another. They never have lights out. The guard to pirsoner ratio is two to one. They eat their pre cut up meat with specially made paper utensils. There are no prison jobs for them. They don't clean or do laundry. Everything is done for them and we pay for that. These are the most expensive prisons in the world.

If you are anti death penalty because you think it's cheaper. Look into it a bit more and see what the real financial picture is.

Wondering how much death penalty opinions align with general party affiliation.

My first poll. Hope this works.

I voted right leaning and anti death penalty

Not being kind, but I think there is no greater penalty than letting the asses sit and stare at four walls day after day after day after day.

If we could add to the above a small door that has some poisin behind it, so when the ass gets tired of wasting away, he takes his own life.....

I'm cool with that.

Not being kind, but I think there is no greater penalty than letting the asses sit and stare at four walls day after day after day after day.

If we could add to the above a small door that has some poisin behind it, so when the ass gets tired of wasting away, he takes his own life.....

I'm cool with that.

Killers adapt. They get a great deal of enjoyment reliving their crimes over and over again. They also enjoy targeting someone and fantasizing how they would kill them. It could be a public figure, a visitor who came to see another prisoner or someone they knew in the past.

Richard Speck killed 8 nurses. He traded sex for drugs and even convinced the state to give him breast implants so he would be more sexually pleasing to the other inmates. You might think that lifers look at their prison walls day after day. That wall becomes a big movie screen where they play reruns, with embellishments.

We put mad dogs down.

I'm cool with that.

Killers adapt. They get a great deal of enjoyment reliving their crimes over and over again. They also enjoy targeting someone and fantasizing how they would kill them. It could be a public figure, a visitor who came to see another prisoner or someone they knew in the past.

Richard Speck killed 8 nurses. He traded sex for drugs and even convinced the state to give him breast implants so he would be more sexually pleasing to the other inmates. You might think that lifers look at their prison walls day after day. That wall becomes a big movie screen where they play reruns, with embellishments.

We put mad dogs down.

Simply eliminate the embellishments.

I don't see the problem

why do liberals love murderers and rapists?

Why let the relive a crime and god forbid get parole where the families have to as well, over and over and over again

make it standardized so liberals can bitch about inequity and do it quickly so the cost isnt an issue...

Why has the Aurora shoot not even been tried yet????WTF?????????

I'm a moderate and I don't believe in the death penalty simply because it costs us more money than life in prison. Whenever possible, they should be saving the tax payers money.

It costs no more in upkeep to keep someone on death row than life. The costs occur in an endless appeal process. Limit the appeals and save the money.

The most expensive prisoners to keep are those killers who got life instead of the death penalty. They go on to kill other prisoners or guards. Just for fun they will plan and instigate a prison riot.

These actions are not without punishment. They get sent to a super prison like Pelican Bay. The prisoners are so dangerous that they are not allowed contact with one another. They never have lights out. The guard to pirsoner ratio is two to one. They eat their pre cut up meat with specially made paper utensils. There are no prison jobs for them. They don't clean or do laundry. Everything is done for them and we pay for that. These are the most expensive prisons in the world.

If you are anti death penalty because you think it's cheaper. Look into it a bit more and see what the real financial picture is.
its not about money its about justice./

Most lefties are anti death penalty, and most conservatives are bloodthirsty fucks, it would seem.

Wow we want to kill criminals and you want to kill babies......noone is as bloodthirsty as you

What is the point of killing someone to show that killing is wrong? Stupid logic right there.

Most lefties are anti death penalty, and most conservatives are bloodthirsty fucks, it would seem.

Wow we want to kill criminals and you want to kill babies......noone is as bloodthirsty as you

What is the point of killing someone to show that killing is wrong? Stupid logic right there.

That's not the point of the death penalty. The point is justice. They DESERVE it. Why should they be allowed to live? I mean do you even try to empathize with the victums of their crime?

Hi-Fi murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's torture waaaaay beyond waterboarding.....noway those guys should live any longer than it takes to get a conviction and an execution.

I don't have a problem with the death penalty, philosophically. But it is not applied or even asked for by prosecutors in an equitable manner, which--under the precedent of Furman v. Georgia--should render it unconstitutional in present America.

If we can overcome that hurdle, though, I say go for it. Extend it to people who have multiple counts of of criminally negligent homicide--and enforce those laws--and we'll all be much safer.

I don't have a problem with the death penalty, philosophically. But it is not applied or even asked for by prosecutors in an equitable manner, which--under the precedent of Furman v. Georgia--should render it unconstitutional in present America.

If we can overcome that hurdle, though, I say go for it. Extend it to people who have multiple counts of of criminally negligent homicide--and enforce those laws--and we'll all be much safer.

I agree, standardize the penalty. I mean it's not that hard to do. First degree murder gets death....second life, third 25+ or something like that.

And you get a limited time to appeal, like 5 years

No, the stupidity is in thinking that we have to show people that killing is wrong.
The point is justice, and usually because of the sterility and relative painlessness of modern executions, not even that is truly served.

Conservative and very much against capital punishment. The reason is simple enough. The state should not be granted that kind of power.

Besides, it disgusts me that my tax money goes to killing helpless people.

And please don't start the helpless victim spiel. As a Christian, I believe all people are redeemable.

No, the stupidity is in thinking that we have to show people that killing is wrong.
The point is justice, and usually because of the sterility and relative painlessness of modern executions, not even that is truly served.

Revenge isn't justice. Murder remains murder when the state does it. Don't ritualize it and gussy it up. It's murder plain and simple and done in my name.

I want it stopped.

That's not the point of the death penalty. The point is justice. They DESERVE it. Why should they be allowed to live? I mean do you even try to empathize with the victums of their crime?

Hi-Fi murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's torture waaaaay beyond waterboarding.....noway those guys should live any longer than it takes to get a conviction and an execution.

The point is revenge.

Forum List

Back