Debate over evolution now allowed in Tenn. schools

No, I'm telling you the Big bang theory - which is as provable as science can get and falsifiable - is a valid theory.

what competing theory has even 1% of the evidence that exists for the Big Bang?
The ID theory does ;). But I bet you were wanting a scientific theory.

The argument supporting irreducible complexity is quite scientific.
Well, it is a circular argument, begging the question, and non-falsifiable, so....not quite anything close to science.

Then by applying your own theory of ID, God had to have been designed.

I'm not sure. It is worthy of discussion, of course.

Why would you not be sure. You've stated as a certainty that everything complex has to have been designed,

and you've stated for the record that God is very complex.

Simply apply your own theory with certainty. God, thus, must have had a designer. God, thus, cannot have come into existence randomly. God cannot simply 'be'.

And, in science, NOTHING is proved...only supported.

Such as Irreducible complexity, for example.

Irreducible complexity of what? That has repeatedly been shown to be a mantra, rather than fact. If an IDer says something is irreducible, it's more a matter of the lack of imagination, than fact. A good example is the eye, which many had said is irreducible, but has been shown repeatedly in nature to not be.

Then by applying your own theory of ID, God had to have been designed.

It actually disproves the 'theory' of ID, because, if every complex being from amoeba, to man, to God, had to have been designed,

then you run into the problem of there not being able, theoretically, to have ever been a FIRST complex being.

Not at all. You make the flawed assumption that the incarnation of an Intelligence which at some point existed OUTSIDE of the known universe can be - must be - measurable by your known standards.

That is absurd on it's face.

God probably puts your methodology right up there with attempts to draw out evil spirits with leeches.

The subject was called Greek Mythology was it not? Was it taught in a science class? Do you really believe that the creation myth should be taught in a science class?

And the THEORY of evolution is taught in science class. Is it proven science??? Does it belong in a science classroom??

All your statement does is prove you need to go back to school and learn what a scientific theory is and how it differs from faith.
i.e. the difference between Faith & KNOWLEDGE!!!

Good, I'm pushing for the theory of the floating apple to be taught next to the theory of gravity.

Eventually, evolution will be proven wrong, also eventually gravity will be proven wrong. Just need to be persistent and keep dropping the apple off the roof and eventually god will catch it in mid air.

Liberals object to any ideas or concepts that are not preapproved liberal ideas and concepts.

Tell you what. You prove that creation happened like the Bible says it did.
That could be (somewhat) a touchy-subject....trying to side-step the whole incest-trip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw]Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube[/ame]​

Good, I'm pushing for the theory of the floating apple to be taught next to the theory of gravity.

Over 90% of humans believe in the notion that there is some sort of an intelligence associated with the design of the universe. A tiny minority seek to block any academic discussion of such widely held belief in the classroom.

Your floating apple theory, not so much.

No, I'm telling you the Big bang theory - which is as provable as science can get and falsifiable - is a valid theory.

what competing theory has even 1% of the evidence that exists for the Big Bang?

How does the introduction of antibiotics into a bacterial environment, over time, result in a resistant strain of bacteria?

Does the Creator reach down and 'design' new bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic?

How does the introduction of antibiotics into a bacterial environment, over time, result in a resistant strain of bacteria?

Does the Creator reach down and 'design' new bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic?

Good subject. Micoevolution v. macroevolution is an interesting topic.

I am sure young minds would find such debate stimulating.

Over 90% of humans believe in the notion that there is some sort of an intelligence associated with the design of the universe. A tiny minority seek to block any academic discussion of such widely held belief in the classroom.

Few want the discussion of it blocked.

Most want it discussed in the correct subject.

It actually disproves the 'theory' of ID, because, if every complex being from amoeba, to man, to God, had to have been designed,

then you run into the problem of there not being able, theoretically, to have ever been a FIRST complex being.

Not at all. You make the flawed assumption that the incarnation of an Intelligence which at some point existed OUTSIDE of the known universe can be - must be - measurable by your known standards.

That is absurd on it's face.

God probably puts your methodology right up there with attempts to draw out evil spirits with leeches.

So now you want a scientific discussion to occur that allows the introduction, AS EVIDENCE,

of absolute unknowns, that must exist beyond the realm of science, that must be accepted as evidence.

Few want the discussion of it blocked.

Most want it discussed in the correct subject.

You want to protect your established tenets from competition.

Over 100% of humans will think the floating apple theory is accurate after I release the next section of never before seen Biblical writings. The Book of Drock.

Intelligent design is possible with evolution, nothing in evolution says a god didn't create the earth, universe, etc. But your beloved story of Adam and Eve, sorry kiddo, didn't happen that way. Science has already proven that to be wrong. Evolution is a fact. No rational person debates if evolution has happened and is happening, why it's happening or how it's happening, sure you can debate that. If you want to say your god is using his guiding hand, that's fine, evolution doesn't say that's not possible. Evolution does say it's impossible that man rode around on a triceratops in order to avoid extinction at the hands of T-Rex.

You've stated as a certainty that everything complex has to have been designed,

No, I didn't. Are you retarded?
Incorrect. Irreducible complexity, by definition, is proof something MUST have had an Intelligent Design. Else, it would not be irreducibly complex.

I'm not so sure you understand what you write.

I believe we surpassed your capacity to grasp some time ago.

Forum List

Back