Debate over evolution now allowed in Tenn. schools

Wasting time on a phony subject.

That is your opinion. Not shared by the vast, vast majority of Americans.
The vast, vast majority of Americans? Really? Teach creationism in philosophy class, not science class.
Philosophy????
323.png

You mean Psychology......as in.....

:eusa_eh:

The argument supporting irreducible complexity is quite scientific.

How does the introduction of antibiotics into a bacterial environment, over time, result in a resistant strain of bacteria?

Does the Creator reach down and 'design' new bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic?

Good subject. Micoevolution v. macroevolution is an interesting topic.

I am sure young minds would find such debate stimulating.

There is no discussion of the Creator in micro/macro evolution.

Do you want to provide us with evidence that God has to change the bacteria to make them resistant?

If you can't, then there is no debate.

Good, I'm pushing for the theory of the floating apple to be taught next to the theory of gravity.

Over 90% of humans believe in the notion that there is some sort of an intelligence associated with the design of the universe. A tiny minority seek to block any academic discussion of such widely held belief in the classroom.

Your floating apple theory, not so much.

Over 100% of humans will think the floating apple theory is accurate after I release the next section of never before seen Biblical writings. The Book of Drock.

Intelligent design is possible with evolution, nothing in evolution says a god didn't create the earth, universe, etc. But your beloved story of Adam and Eve, sorry kiddo, didn't happen that way. Science has already proven that to be wrong. Evolution is a fact. No rational person debates if evolution has happened and is happening, why it's happening or how it's happening, sure you can debate that. If you want to say your god is using his guiding hand, that's fine, evolution doesn't say that's not possible. Evolution does say it's impossible that man rode around on a triceratops in order to avoid extinction at the hands of T-Rex.

:cuckoo:

not to mention the rest of the stupid post.

Over 100% of humans will think the floating apple theory is accurate after I release the next section of never before seen Biblical writings.

Great. Produce a supportable theory and we will take a look at it.

No, I didn't. Are you retarded?
Incorrect. Irreducible complexity, by definition, is proof something MUST have had an Intelligent Design. Else, it would not be irreducibly complex.

I'm not so sure you understand what you write.

I believe we surpassed your capacity to grasp some time ago.
OK. Let's assume you are correct about my capacity to grasp.

Explain what "irreducible complexity" is, again.

TIA

A victory for freedom of thought and individualism in the school, and a stinging defeat for the secular mind police. We enjoy freedom of speech, not freedom from speech you find disagreeable.

'NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A bill that encourages classroom debate over evolution will become law in Tennessee, despite a veto campaign mounted by scientists and civil libertarians who say it will reopen a decades-old controversy over teaching creationism to the state's schoolchildren.'

Tenn. governor allows evolution debate bill to become law

Imagine the lively debate and opening of minds which can now flourish in the previously flat-earther science rooms across Tenn, and hopefully the rest of America!
Debate is now allowed in school? Gawd forbid we allow DEBATE in education.

That might encourage critical thought, too.

Oh nooooooes!

No, better to keep censorship alive in education. Really.
I'm thinkin' Texas is still covering that.

It actually disproves the 'theory' of ID, because, if every complex being from amoeba, to man, to God, had to have been designed,

then you run into the problem of there not being able, theoretically, to have ever been a FIRST complex being.

Not at all. You make the flawed assumption that the incarnation of an Intelligence which at some point existed OUTSIDE of the known universe can be - must be - measurable by your known standards.

That is absurd on it's face.

God probably puts your methodology right up there with attempts to draw out evil spirits with leeches.

So now you want a scientific discussion to occur

Always have. Tennesee will be doing it in the public schools.

A victory for freedom of thought and individualism in the school, and a stinging defeat for the secular mind police. We enjoy freedom of speech, not freedom from speech you find disagreeable.

'NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A bill that encourages classroom debate over evolution will become law in Tennessee, despite a veto campaign mounted by scientists and civil libertarians who say it will reopen a decades-old controversy over teaching creationism to the state's schoolchildren.'

Tenn. governor allows evolution debate bill to become law

Imagine the lively debate and opening of minds which can now flourish in the previously flat-earther science rooms across Tenn, and hopefully the rest of America!

I see no reason not to allow debate about Creation vs Evolution. However, that belongs in some class OTHER than science class. Creation is NOT science and should never be taught as such.

It used to be frustrating, but guys at this point you just have to sit back and enjoy the show the anti-science people put on.

If their holy book said the sky was black and white spotted like a dalmation, they'd look up and say Satan is playing a trick on them.

Guys keep pretending you take science seriously and want more science in classrooms, I can't get enough :).

It used to be frustrating, but guys at this point you just have to sit back and enjoy the show the anti-science people put on.

If their holy book said the sky was black and white spotted like a dalmation, they'd look up and say Satan is playing a trick on them.

Guys keep pretending you take science seriously and want more science in classrooms, I can't get enough :).
Exactly why both politics and religion need to stop soiling science.

Forum List

Back