Debate over evolution now allowed in Tenn. schools

That is your opinion. Not shared by the vast, vast majority of Americans.
The vast, vast majority of Americans? Really? Teach creationism in philosophy class, not science class.

The vast, vast majority of Americans aren't knuckle dragging anti-science people. The vast, vast majority of Americans recognize fable when they see it.

So I understand you and SeaWytch are saying it's OK to teach creationism as long as it's not in science class.
We need redundancy....when teaching fairy-tales??????

323.png

11298.jpg

Such as Irreducible complexity, for example.

It is only supported by the arbitrarily imposed presumption that complexity requires a designer. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts.
Of sorts, for sure. Also an argument from ignorance, among other things.

It's a back door way of trying to prove the existence of God by a claim that certain things could not exist without there being a God to create them.

Since they do exist, then God must exist.

The problem is, the claim is never proven, or even substantively supported by evidence.

I've come to the conclusion that ID correctly belongs in a Poli Sci class. It's for hacks.

It is only supported by the arbitrarily imposed presumption that complexity requires a designer.

Wrong again. There is 'complexity,' and there is IRREDUCIBLE complexity.

Up your game.

What is 'reducible' in God?

Is God definable, identifiable, describable within the realm/discipline of human science as we know it?

He's too powerful for definitions. He'd knock a definition out with one upper cut.

It's a back door way of trying to prove the existence of God

Perhaps. You fear that, then?

You're projecting, you don't have to be scared. Evolution doesn't say god doesn't exist. If your god exists you're not scoring brownie points with him right now by denying the way he made the world.

Trust me, I asked him in our teleconference this morning.
And, I can affirm that. I was there too...dialed in, but just listened.

Forum List

Back