Debate over evolution now allowed in Tenn. schools

Perhaps. You fear that, then?

You're projecting

Not at all. Is a theory either more or less valid based on the motivation of those promoting it?

You suck at this.

Motivation isn't important in scientific theories. I'm sorry they didn't teach that in Sunday School, but in real school, even terrible ones, they do.

God just told me the only way to avoid 20 years of purgatory because of you lying about how his creation works is to spend the rest of the day typing Hail Mary's, then tomorrow empty your checking account and send it to his favorite creation, Ron Paul. :lol:

That is your opinion. Not shared by the vast, vast majority of Americans.
The vast, vast majority of Americans?

Yes, moron. About 90% of people believe we are more than just curiously animated carbon particles, pointlessly glued together until our inevitable return to entropy.
Whoahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

You're suggesting Paradise is carbon-FREE??!!!!!

:ack-1: . :ack-1: . :ack-1: . :ack-1:

Wouldn't that make Big Oil
EVIL??!!!!

:eusa_think:

Perhaps. You fear that, then?

You're projecting, you don't have to be scared. Evolution doesn't say god doesn't exist. If your god exists you're not scoring brownie points with him right now by denying the way he made the world.

Trust me, I asked him in our teleconference this morning.
And, I can affirm that. I was there too...dialed in, but just listened.

Then i expect you to chime in tomorrow when we discuss what saloon God wants me to attend this weekend :).

Last edited:
And the THEORY of evolution is taught in science class. Is it proven science??? Does it belong in a science classroom??
Yes, evolution is proven science. The theory of gravity is proven science.

What makes them both theories is that the explanations for the exact scientific mechanisms that lead to both gravity and evolution are not fully understood. We're still trying, for example, to prove the existence of graviton.

But the lack of proof of a Graviton doesn't mean that things don't fall when you drop them.

I wonder when Churches are going to allow this sort of debate?

1bodysnatchersDonald.jpg

"Heretic!!!!!"

Thank you. We agree.

You're welcome.

It is great when we can all get along.

Debate is a good thing. History tells us we should be very wary of those who try to stiffle ideas.

Good point the debate over which species we evolved from, how the earth came to be, great science debates.

The debate over which species of snake spoke, what color a whale has to be to survive inside it, how a man can separate the sea with his hands, as the great philosopher Homer would say, boooooooooooooring.

Yes, evolution is proven science. The theory of gravity is proven science.

What makes them both theories is that the explanations for the exact scientific mechanisms that lead to both gravity and evolution are not fully understood. We're still trying, for example, to prove the existence of graviton.

But the lack of proof of a Graviton doesn't mean that things don't fall when you drop them.

I wonder when Churches are going to allow this sort of debate?
:lol: You don't know much about the Vatican, then.
....Or, Pat Robertson....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NCduEhkBM]Pat Robertson - Haiti's Pact w/ Devil Created Earthquake - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I demand that my pet theory - that people in red states evolved from a less developed species of primate - be taught side-by-side with the current theory of evolution.
You're being awfully generous with the term, developed!

devolutionnew.jpg

Over 90% of the public understand their is validity to a discussion of an Intelligent Design for the universe.

Your 'demand' is an absurd red herring, shared by nobody, which attempts to stifle debate on a topic that potentially rocks your belief system to your core.

Again, why are you so afraid?
Absolutely teach about ID, too. But, in a subject other than science, because ID, by definition, is not a scientific theory.

That is debatable. Would not the force behind an Intelligent Design be perfectly aligned to and instrumental to science?
Ah, yes.....the force.....that Primary Absolute!!

handjob.gif

Over 90% of the public understand their is validity to a discussion of an Intelligent Design for the universe.

Your 'demand' is an absurd red herring, shared by nobody, which attempts to stifle debate on a topic that potentially rocks your belief system to your core.

Again, why are you so afraid?

Because the schools have enough problems without teaching something in science class that isn't science.

Intelligent Design is the ultimate science.
....If you're scared-SHITLESS o' dyin'....and, you're grabbin' at whatever-straws-are-available, to get-thru those Pearly Gates!!!

judgment_day_terror.jpg

Forum List

Back