🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Debt Ceiling Increase or Spending Cuts First?

What should be done first?

• Spending cuts first, debt ceiling later

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Debt ceiling first, spending cuts later

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Given our enormous spending problem and our looming debt ceiling crisis, I was wondering, what should happen? Should we raise the debt ceiling and discuss spending cuts, or should we cut spending first before we raise the debt ceiling?

The debts and ACA have already been voted on.

They are not up for negotiation before a 15-month CR up and down clean vote.

The black man won, his supporters won, the bill was passed and signed and opined.

This is over.

END THE FED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The American Dream Film-Full Length

The Money Masters.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56FUHgqRNE]The Money Masters - Full-Length (3hrs 19m) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you truly believe that spending cuts are of greater importance than raising the debt limit, then lobby your Reps to let the debt limit go bye bye. You will then get your spending cuts.

It should work out wonderfully. Especially if you are already a societal leech with no job.

Given our enormous spending problem and our looming debt ceiling crisis, I was wondering, what should happen? Should we raise the debt ceiling and discuss spending cuts, or should we cut spending first before we raise the debt ceiling?

Since Congress has already done the whole "debt ceiling first-spending cuts later" spiel repeatedly, and failed every time to follow through with the cuts, I'm in favor of trying the reverse. As a matter-of-fact, I'm reminding my representatives daily that their continued occupation of office depends on my vote. They're in a situation where they have to raise the debt ceiling just to cover money they've already spent, though.
I almost want to vomit every time I hear our boi vunder's (Bagitch) reelection commercial where he winds up his rant by telling us we shouldn't have to experience government held hostage every six months while they debate raising the debt ceiling, again. Shame is, at no time during his "pick me again" tirade does he even hint at establishing a budget.

Yeah, let's see some cuts...and I mean cuts, not just smaller increases.

Cutting spending is the opposite of what is needed given the current economic reality.

The simpletons of the world think that carrying a debt is a bad thing. You are being played. The only reason that the GOP is goading you into calling for spending cuts is because they know that doing so will cause the economy to limp along. The only chance they have of winning back the Senate and the WH.

Since Congress has already done the whole "debt ceiling first-spending cuts later" spiel repeatedly, and failed every time to follow through with the cuts, I'm in favor of trying the reverse. As a matter-of-fact, I'm reminding my representatives daily that their continued occupation of office depends on my vote. They're in a situation where they have to raise the debt ceiling just to cover money they've already spent, though.
I almost want to vomit every time I hear our boi vunder's (Bagitch) reelection commercial where he winds up his rant by telling us we shouldn't have to experience government held hostage every six months while they debate raising the debt ceiling, again. Shame is, at no time during his "pick me again" tirade does he even hint at establishing a budget.

Yeah, let's see some cuts...and I mean cuts, not just smaller increases.

Yes, I want cuts in the trillions with a 'T' not billions with a 'B.'

Liberals, screw your fine toothed combs and scalpels, give me a machete and a chainsaw! No more nitpicking.

Cutting spending is the opposite of what is needed given the current economic reality.

The simpletons of the world think that carrying a debt is a bad thing. You are being played. The only reason that the GOP is goading you into calling for spending cuts is because they know that doing so will cause the economy to limp along. The only chance they have of winning back the Senate and the WH.

Keynesian economic policy is a failure. If you knew how badly it collapsed in the 1970's, you wouldn't espouse something like it now.

Forum List

Back