Debunking another new atheist's baby talk on Youtube

Mad theists? Factual atheists?

You want some facts? The universe literally popped into existence out of nothing 14 billion years ago and then began to expand and cool.

How’s that for facts?
One theory among many
Really? Name the many.
No-do some research on religions-you may learn something as I have.
I've studied all the major ones and a few of the primal ones. What is it that you believe I should have learned?
More theories of creation
My discussion on the origin of the universe is a scientific discussion, not a religious discussion.

We know from science that space and time had a beginning. Specifically, red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations, quantum mechanics, the First Law of Thermodynamics, the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Inflation Theory.

Red shift, cosmic background radiation and Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations tells us that all matter and energy in the universe once occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom and then began to expand and cool. The the First Law of Thermodynamics (i.e. conservation of energy) tells us that since that time matter and energy has only changed form. Which means that the atoms in our bodies were created from nothing when space and and time were created from nothing.

Red shift, cosmic background radiation, Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations and the Second Law of Thermodynamics tells us that space and time did have a beginning. If the universe is expanding then it must have a beginning. If you follow it backwards in time, then any object must come to a boundary of space time. You cannot continue that history indefinitely. This is still true even if a universe has periods of contraction. It still has to have a beginning if expansion over weights the contraction. Physicists have been uncomfortable with the idea of a beginning since the work of Friedman which showed that the solutions of Einstein's equation showed that the universe had a beginning. The problem with a cyclical universe is with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. For every matter to energy or energy to matter exchange there is a loss of usable energy. So while the total energy of the universe does not decrease, the usable energy of the universe does decrease. If it is a periodic or cyclical universe then the entropy will increase with each cycle. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is a fundamental law of nature which tells us that entropy can only increase or stay the same. Entropy can never decrease. Which means that in a finite amount of time, a finite system will reach a maximum state of disorder which is called thermal equilibrium and then it will stay in that state. A cyclical universe cannot avoid this problem. Since we do not see thermal equilibrium (good thing too because there would be no life) we know that the universe did have a beginning.

Inflation Theory, the First Law of Thermodynamics and quantum mechanics tells us that it is possible for matter to have a beginning. In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

mad theists are by nature irrational the opposite of factual atheist. the ism's are the difference.

You want some facts? The universe literally popped into existence out of nothing 14 billion years ago and then began to expand and cool.

How’s that for facts?
One theory among many
Really? Name the many.
Besides, you weren't talking about religions, you claimed that there are many theories on the creation of the universe.

Can you name the many theories?
Hindu and the turtle, Native American Eve and Lilith, Big Bang
And I did not claim I said one theory among many-don't put words in my mouth-you act like a preacher.

I just told you I haven't even looked at it because I am waiting for you to tell me your qualifications as an expert in logic.
Which is obviously an embarrasing ploy to stall. The correct answer is the same for everyone, regardless of their training.

You are embarrassing yourself. You don't know the answer. Thus, we are treated to several pages of whiny, irrelevant nonsense, instead of a simple,one word answer.
No. It is a sincere effort to find out why you think you are hot shit.

I just told you I haven't even looked at it because I am waiting for you to tell me your qualifications as an expert in logic.
Which is obviously an embarrasing ploy to stall. The correct answer is the same for everyone, regardless of their training.

You are embarrassing yourself. You don't know the answer. Thus, we are treated to several pages of whiny, irrelevant nonsense, instead of a simple,one word answer.
Which is irrelevant to the correct answer to the question. I am not interested in your fetishes.

Let's see where everyone else stands on the simple question. We already know where you stand. You can move on, now.

How’s that for facts?
One theory among many
Really? Name the many.
Besides, you weren't talking about religions, you claimed that there are many theories on the creation of the universe.

And I did not claim I said one theory among many-don't put words in my mouth-you act like a preacher.
Yes, you literally did.

One theory among many

OK you are talking to one than one person and getting confused. Now that you are name calling, we are DONE!

One theory among many
Really? Name the many.

Yes, you literally did.

One theory among many
Go away

Which is irrelevant to the correct answer to the question. I am not interested in your fetishes.

Let's see where everyone else stands on the simple question. We already know where you stand. You can move on, now.
Actually it is relevant. You are trying to pawn yourself off as an expert in logic.

All I am asking is what are your credentials.

You have done nothing but disparage my good name. I have provided my credentials. What are yours?

Really? Name the many.

Yes, you literally did.

One theory among many
Go away
The truth usually hurts before it helps.

OK you are talking to one than one person and getting confused. Now that you are name calling, we are DONE!
That post wasn't even directed to you. It was directed to FortFun. You can see who it was directed to in the thread box.

Actually it is relevant. You are trying to pawn yourself off as an expert in logic.
False. One does not have to be an expert in logic to know the answer to the question, or to look it up. This was literally week 2 material in discrete mathematics.

All I am asking is what are your credentials.

You have done nothing but disparage my good name. I have provided my credentials. What are yours?
What is wrong with you? I am no logic expert-you are confused. I have no credentials that would interest you. I did say you sound like a preacher putting words in my mouth i.e. "Can I get an Amen", when you said I claim.
I think you have two threads going and the answers are getting twisted. I will back out now.

Yes, you literally did.

One theory among many
Go away
Like Witch Hazel

False. One does not have to be an expert in logic to know the answer to the question, or to look it up. This was literally week 2 material in discrete mathematics.
Dude, your question is an artifact of your failed logic that unicorns make ice cream in the 6th dimension.

Yes, I totally question your credentials. You keep representing yourself as an expert so what are your qualifications?

That post wasn't even directed to you. It was directed to FortFun. You can see who it was directed to in the thread box.
Actually I can't see-that's why my letters are so big.

Yes, you literally did.

One theory among many
Go away
Like Witch Hazel
No idea.

Actually I can't see-that's why my letters are so big.
That explains that then.

It was not directed to you.

Yes, you literally did.

One theory among many
Go away
Like Witch Hazel
No idea.
My gramma put it on our bee stings-hurt even more then.

Dude, your question is an artifact of your failed logic that unicorns make ice cream in the 6th dimension.
False. My question concerns the truth of a statement, and the correct answer is the same for everyone. And it is one word. And you won't answer, because you don't know the answer. Very simple.

Forum List

Back