Decertifying delegates is the new target for Trump's people.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
They've promised challenges and Trump brought on a lawyer called William McGinley to handle the delegate related issues.

“Well, the problem we’re having here is that there was a secret meeting in Louisiana of the convention delegation, and apparently all of the invitations for our delegates must have gotten lost in the mail," Trump adviser Barry Bennett told MSNBC's Ari Melber last month.

"There’s a process to deal with this. It’s in the certification process, and it’s been with our legal team for most of the morning now, and we are moving forward with the complaint to decertify these delegates."

Obscure Panel May Have Big Effect on GOP Convention | RealClearPolitics

Then the RNC better start practicing saying president Clinton. The republican party would be completely destroyed.

972.gif

It's not being butt hurt at all. This is what happens at the conventions and delegates can and should be challenged in certain circumstances.

you would think it would be an easy call, that if Delegate A wins 50 delegates, but Candidate B connives with party officials to defraud Candidate A so that the delegates going to the national convention are actually supporters of Candidate B instead of A, then they are not legitimate by the spirit and intention of the rules.

These people are leftover Ron Paulbots who have pledged to Ted Cruz and they will pull the same kind of shenanigans they pulled in 2012. It will take the same kind of determined opposition among the GOP officials to make sure these fanatical liars are not allowed to control the GOP.

Where in the Constitution does it talk about party delegates, dude?

I'm glad that people are paying attention. Ironically, they're not paying attention.

Nice deflection.

Why dont you answer the fucking question?

Because the answer is already there for you to read. You have to look really hard.

No, you just have to answer the damned question, you fucking liar.

I never understood why the Constitution mentions neither God nor political parties. (-: (denoting sarcasm)

But seriously, fair or not, I didn't think the rules committee had any place in deciding who are delegates, so long as they are legally registered and the state parites followed their own rules in selecting them. There may be political consequences for state parties not playing "fair," but fair is not part of life unless it's in the parties' rules.

They've promised challenges and Trump brought on a lawyer called William McGinley to handle the delegate related issues.

“Well, the problem we’re having here is that there was a secret meeting in Louisiana of the convention delegation, and apparently all of the invitations for our delegates must have gotten lost in the mail," Trump adviser Barry Bennett told MSNBC's Ari Melber last month.

"There’s a process to deal with this. It’s in the certification process, and it’s been with our legal team for most of the morning now, and we are moving forward with the complaint to decertify these delegates."

I read this morning that some Cruz delegates are rethinking their support. If the delegates do not mirror the popular vote, that would ruin the party.

I read this morning that some Cruz delegates are rethinking their support. If the delegates do not mirror the popular vote, that would ruin the party.
I think the decertifying thing is a no go (not to diss the thread in any way), but I think you are right in that if Trump runs this thing out, I think enough will flip to give it to him on the first ballot.

I never understood why the Constitution mentions neither God nor political parties. (-: (denoting sarcasm)

But seriously, fair or not, I didn't think the rules committee had any place in deciding who are delegates, so long as they are legally registered and the state parites followed their own rules in selecting them. There may be political consequences for state parties not playing "fair," but fair is not part of life unless it's in the parties' rules.
So if state party machines steal their delegates honestly then they should get to keep them, eh?

Forum List

Back