Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

WTF do you think pounds per square inch is? That is a form of weighing the amount of air, dumbass.

:lmao:

No it's not! It's a measure of pressure, not weight!

Time for bed, Chris.

yep,time to have mommy tuck Chissy in after all of his multiple farts in this thread he has cut.:asshole:

head for the hills,he is about to cut another a few more multiple ones.:D

Are you on drugs? You can't even form a coherent post? Your grammar and punctuation are ATROCIOUS, and that is 3rd grade level stuff.

WTF do you think pounds per square inch is? That is a form of weighing the amount of air, dumbass.

Time for bed, Chris.

Whatever, you know I mean. It's still measurement of the amount of air. :rolleyes-41:

No, it's not. And yes, I know exactly what you mean. You thought that PSI was related to weight. That's why you kept arguing about the added weight of the football, even though nobody anywhere has said that any of this had anything to do with weight.

PSI does not measure the amount of air. The same amount of air will have different PSI in different containers, and at different locations. The same amount of air will result in a higher PSI in the same football at a higher altitude, due to the reduced atmospheric pressure at those altitudes. You clearly know nothing about any of this, and are talking out of your ass.

Time for bed, Chris.

Whatever, you know I mean. It's still measurement of the amount of air. :rolleyes-41:

No, it's not. And yes, I know exactly what you mean. You thought that PSI was related to weight. That's why you kept arguing about the added weight of the football, even though nobody anywhere has said that any of this had anything to do with weight.

PSI does not measure the amount of air. The same amount of air will have different PSI in different containers, and at different locations. The same amount of air will result in a higher PSI in the same football at a higher altitude, due to the reduced atmospheric pressure at those altitudes. You clearly know nothing about any of this, and are talking out of your ass.

Yes it does, pounds per square inch is a way to measure the amount of air. Yes or no?

Time for bed, Chris.

You are just a nit-picking little bitch.

They threw a new wrinkle at the Ravens and the Raven's didn't respond well to it.

The formation itself was not a problem. Yes, you could describe it as a "new wrinkle." The really sticky part was the way they did it. The player stands in front of the official and says "Hey, I'm ineligible" and before the official even has a chance to comprehend what's just been said, the ball is snapped. That is the real issue. The officials said they didn't even know what was going on. Harbaugh had to run out onto the field and take a penalty in order to draw attention to the issue and prompt the officials to take control of the situation. The normal thing would have been for the officials to allow the opposing team to know what was going on. The Pats were trying to prevent that from happening by confusing the officials.

Was it cheating? No. Was it dishonest and poor sportsmanship? Yes.

You don't have a clue as to what happened in the Raven's game...do you?

Harbaugh drew a penalty because the Patriots ran the play three times in a row and the Ravens STILL didn't know how to respond to it. The problem they faced...and it's TOTALLY legal...is that when Shane Vereen lines up as an "ineligible" receiver out from the formation and immediately retreats to behind Brady he is in fact now eligible to receive a lateral pass and advance the ball. As such the Ravens were still forced to cover him. It was brilliance by whoever came up with it on the Patriot's coaching staff. It had zero to do with confusing the officials...which you'd know if you knew a damn thing about football.

that is exactly why the NFL is a joke.You do those things in collge the patriots have done,they kick you out of the program.you get caught smoking even cigerretes,your off the team.

Yeah, RIIGHT! Lol! That is a crock of bull crap if I've heard it. How many times have we heard of cheating scandals, sex scandals, bribing ref scandals, CHILD MOLESTATION scandals in the college sports? But here you are bitching about a few that were under inflated, according to regulation guidelines, by about as much as a piece of paper, and that makes the Pats the big bad "criminals"? Get a grip on yourself, you old fool.

Not big bad criminals just cheaterso_O:crybaby:

What do you know about it? Oh, that's right, nothing.
I know they are cheaters.

You don't know anything.

cheat.png

Do you remember hearing about the Dolphin game where a Jets coach intentionally tripped our player? Is this what you want to see happening in all the games? A damn free for all? Because the allowing of intentional infractions leads to episodes such as that and bounties being put on players, etc. when penalties for such are not severe.
Personally, I would think playoff games should come with even steeper punishment, if cheating is determined.

So all "cheating" destroys the "integrity" of the sport? That includes defensive backs getting away with a hold...or an offensive player getting away with a push-off to catch a winning touchdown...pick plays of course should have offensive coordinators banned for life? Kickers shouldn't be able to use different balls than everyone else...

Please explain to me why a "rub" play has more "integrity" than playing with a softer football?

You cant compare a heat of the moment hold to a planned and calculated attempt to cheat.
They're not even close to the same thing.

A rub play is pretty intentional, it is planned and not a heat of the moment.

Also if you hold, do you tell the ref that you held, so, he can penalize the team. Integrity of the game and all.

Sounds like baseball more than football.

So you're a Dolphins fan who can't stand the fact that the Patriots OWN your asses year in and year out...so you're here whining about balls that the officials handled on every damn play of the first half and didn't notice a problem...while you ignore the fact that the Patriots steamrollered the Colts in the second half...AFTER the balls had been re-inflated? You're not worried about the integrity of the game...you just don't like the Patriots!

Old rehash, I'm not a Dolphins fan, I also stated that the inflation of the ball had nothing to do with the outcome of the .colts game, it seems you have comprehension issues.

That was a post directed at Depotoo, Papa...not you.

" Bill Belichick is either a fool or thinks he can play us for one.
To recap Belichick: "I have no explanation," and "I've told you everything I know."

Now, if this were some other coach, maybe those lines would fly. This, however, is Belichick, the most secretive and controlling person in the NFL.

He repeatedly manipulates the injury report so no one, not even the players themselves, know who is really hurt or how badly. He has signed players before facing their former teams for the seemingly sole purpose of gathering intel. He has skirted the letter of the law with trick plays.

And, of course, he was the architect of Spygate."

Armour Control Freak Bill Belichick claims to be oblivious

To recap Belichick: "I have no explanation," and "I've told you everything I know."

Now, if this were some other coach, maybe those lines would fly. This, however, is Belichick, the most secretive and controlling person in the NFL.

He repeatedly manipulates the injury report so no one, not even the players themselves, know who is really hurt or how badly. He has signed players before facing their former teams for the seemingly sole purpose of gathering intel. He has skirted the letter of the law with trick plays.

Let's cut to the chase here, Alex...you hate Belichick because he beats your team...so you come on here with this whine about under-deflated balls like THAT is what made the Patriots romp over the Colts! My suggestion to you is for your team to hire someone EXACTLY like Bill Belichick so you can win games and stop being such a little girl!

You are just a nit-picking little bitch.

Sure. Letting facts get in the way is nit-picking. Kinda like how you think cheating doesn't count as long as you win. :lmao:

You have yet to post any facts concerning the topic of the thread. Just your own assumptions. Also, your little nit picking hissy fit doesn't change the fact that the balls were deflated a negligible amount, which could happen while playing with them, especially if they were only inflated to the absolute minimal requirements. :p

Let's cut to the chase here, Alex...you hate Belichick because he beats your team...so you come on here with this whine about under-deflated balls like THAT is what made the Patriots romp over the Colts! My suggestion to you is for your team to hire someone EXACTLY like Bill Belichick so you can win games and stop being such a little girl!

I like the Giants I said that before in this thread, Mister Apologist

v1-2.jpg

It had zero to do with confusing the officials...which you'd know if you knew a damn thing about football.

Speaking of not knowing anything, I think you need to go back and take a look at what happened. Vereen declaring himself as ineligible, and being covered by another receiver at the line of scrimmage, effectively became a lineman split out from the rest of the line. This left five people on the "regular" line, appearing to be a regular set of linemen. Except on the opposite side of the line, what appeared to be a tackle was now a tight end, who went uncovered in pass protection.

Next time you want to accuse someone of not knowing what they're talking about, you should make sure you know what you're talking about.

Yeah, RIIGHT! Lol! That is a crock of bull crap if I've heard it. How many times have we heard of cheating scandals, sex scandals, bribing ref scandals, CHILD MOLESTATION scandals in the college sports? But here you are bitching about a few that were under inflated, according to regulation guidelines, by about as much as a piece of paper, and that makes the Pats the big bad "criminals"? Get a grip on yourself, you old fool.

Not big bad criminals just cheaterso_O:crybaby:

What do you know about it? Oh, that's right, nothing.
I know they are cheaters.

You don't know anything.

cheat.png

Stuff it, dick head.

I don't think Alex has a team. He's just a prick.

It had zero to do with confusing the officials...which you'd know if you knew a damn thing about football.

Speaking of not knowing anything, I think you need to go back and take a look at what happened. Vereen declaring himself as ineligible, and being covered by another receiver at the line of scrimmage, effectively became a lineman split out from the rest of the line. This left five people on the "regular" line, appearing to be a regular set of linemen. Except on the opposite side of the line, what appeared to be a tackle was now a tight end, who went uncovered in pass protection.

Next time you want to accuse someone of not knowing what they're talking about, you should make sure you know what you're talking about.

THIS was already explained to you. The NFL said it is a LEGAL maneuver.

They threw a new wrinkle at the Ravens and the Raven's didn't respond well to it.

The formation itself was not a problem. Yes, you could describe it as a "new wrinkle." The really sticky part was the way they did it. The player stands in front of the official and says "Hey, I'm ineligible" and before the official even has a chance to comprehend what's just been said, the ball is snapped. That is the real issue. The officials said they didn't even know what was going on. Harbaugh had to run out onto the field and take a penalty in order to draw attention to the issue and prompt the officials to take control of the situation. The normal thing would have been for the officials to allow the opposing team to know what was going on. The Pats were trying to prevent that from happening by confusing the officials.

Was it cheating? No. Was it dishonest and poor sportsmanship? Yes.

Peter King went back and watched the tape and found that there was 7, 10, and 7 seconds that passed between the refs announcing eligible receivers and the Patriots snapping the ball. In fact, at one point the ref even announced to the Ravens that "34 is ineligible, do not cover 34". Pretty specific thing to say for a ref who supposedly was so confused by the Patriots that he didn't even comprehend what was happening before the snap.

It's not the Pats problem that the Ravens weren't quick enough to figure it out.

You don't have a clue as to what happened in the Raven's game...do you?

:lmao: Oh, I know. Trust me, I know. I was watching the game very intently.

Yet you don't understand why the Raven's "freaked out"...so obviously you don't understand what was happening right in front of your face!

You're the one who apparently doesn't understand. It had nothing to do with the possibility of receiving a handoff. By not allowing adequate time for the Ravens be made aware that he was ineligible, the Ravens had no way of knowing to not cover him. The Ravens "freaked out" because the left tackle was catching passes, which is normally against the rules.

Forum List

Back