Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

This whole thing is in the Patriots hands.

Admit that SOMEHOW they screwed up. They don't know how they screwed up. They take responsibility for the mistake.They will take extra care to make sure that in the future their game balls will be within regulations.

That would end it.

How exactly do you take responsibility for something...when you have no idea how it happened? This might not be a screw up of the New England Patriots at all. If the balls that they gave to the officials were at the very low end of the acceptable scale...or even a little below it...and were deemed acceptable by the referee...then because of use or weather conditions lost pressure over the course of the first half then I'm having a hard time seeing how THAT is a "screw-up" by the Patriots.

That's assuming of course that the referee of the game did in fact measure the balls in question correctly...something that so far nobody has shown me has been proven. We're being asked to take that as a given that he did because he said that he did. Well did he? Did he painstakingly measure the pressure of each of the 36 balls to be used in the game? Or did he simply pick up the balls and give them a squeeze test? If so is he going to admit that if a subsequent uproar ensues over ball pressure? Or is he going to say..."Yes, I tested each of the balls...just the way I'm supposed to!"

I'm sorry, Kiddies but the jury is not only still "out" on this topic...we haven't even heard the evidence yet!

It doesn't matter what really happened. What matters is getting the media off the blood trail.

Haven't you ever been married and got caught in some kind of a jam that was no way your fault but the little woman just won't let it go? And YOU being the smarter part of the partnership just smiles and says.."you are absolutely right dear".

So your wife accuses you of sleeping with her best friend...which you didn't do...but because she won't "let it go"...you smile at her and say "you are absolutely right dear"?

Tell me how that works out for ya', Huggy!

Dunno! I'm not married any more. :lol: And it's not because of her best friend. I got rid of her because SHE was sleeping around.

I could see why, you spend all day obsessed with a football team that doesn't know you are alive and doesn't care.

For that matter...neither does his ex-wife...

Look! The Patriots were caught red handed. Saying they were not responsible is stupid. Of COURSE they were responsible. Even if a gofer crawled up in the ball bag and nibbled on 11 balls and they leaked enough air to be out of regs...THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE! Stop being so juvenile. The point is to diffuse the media's interest. ...not to prove you are right a week before the Super Bowl Game.

Yeah, the Pats were caught RED HANDED making the footballs contract in cold weather.

roflmao

This whole thing is in the Patriots hands.

Admit that SOMEHOW they screwed up. They don't know how they screwed up. They take responsibility for the mistake.They will take extra care to make sure that in the future their game balls will be within regulations.

That would end it.

How exactly do you take responsibility for something...when you have no idea how it happened? This might not be a screw up of the New England Patriots at all. If the balls that they gave to the officials were at the very low end of the acceptable scale...or even a little below it...and were deemed acceptable by the referee...then because of use or weather conditions lost pressure over the course of the first half then I'm having a hard time seeing how THAT is a "screw-up" by the Patriots.

That's assuming of course that the referee of the game did in fact measure the balls in question correctly...something that so far nobody has shown me has been proven. We're being asked to take that as a given that he did because he said that he did. Well did he? Did he painstakingly measure the pressure of each of the 36 balls to be used in the game? Or did he simply pick up the balls and give them a squeeze test? If so is he going to admit that if a subsequent uproar ensues over ball pressure? Or is he going to say..."Yes, I tested each of the balls...just the way I'm supposed to!"

I'm sorry, Kiddies but the jury is not only still "out" on this topic...we haven't even heard the evidence yet!

It doesn't matter what really happened. What matters is getting the media off the blood trail.

Haven't you ever been married and got caught in some kind of a jam that was no way your fault but the little woman just won't let it go? And YOU being the smarter part of the partnership just smiles and says.."you are absolutely right dear".

So your wife accuses you of sleeping with her best friend...which you didn't do...but because she won't "let it go"...you smile at her and say "you are absolutely right dear"?

Dunno! I'm not married any more. :lol: And it's not because of her best friend. I got rid of her because SHE was sleeping around.

I could see why, you spend all day obsessed with a football team that doesn't know you are alive and doesn't care.

Yes they do care. They care very much. That's all they can talk about. The 12's this..the 12's that. They slobber all over the 12's every chance they get. .It's embarrassing really.

Look! The Patriots were caught red handed. Saying they were not responsible is stupid. Of COURSE they were responsible. Even if a gofer crawled up in the ball bag and nibbled on 11 balls and they leaked enough air to be out of regs...THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE! Stop being so juvenile. The point is to diffuse the media's interest. ...not to prove you are right a week before the Super Bowl Game.

You don't know that the Patriots were caught red handed because you don't know the facts involved, Huggy. You've assumed them...oh, boy have you assumed them...and we all know what happens when you assume things. So stop declaring what you KNOW...when you in fact know very little!

And stop giving advice on women when you obviously aren't qualified!

I'll give advice as much as it pleases me. You can stop taking it any time you want.

You internet Bozos that try to tell people what they can or can't do crack me up.

IMO you take yourself and what you put on message boards a bit too seriously. How do you know I didn't just make it up about the Ex? It's the internets Einstein. All entertainment all the time. And if it starts getting too much to deal with push that off button. It won't kill ya to take a break from all this nonsense.

So, we are apparently in agreement then? The Colts have magic balls where the laws of physics ceased to effect them?

BTW, none of you seem to know or care (which is the telling part really) that the original complaint was from the first game in Indy in the dome. Where the equipment manager had two balls (yes pun intended) of Brady's and he noticed they were significantly deflated.

Ok? That was in November, in Indy under the dome where the weather was not a factor.

Then to stick with the notion that the Pats rubbed the balls so much that they became deflated and that was the reason their balls were deflated and the Colts were not deflated in the cold weather is absurd. You all know it and we all know it.

Again, this has nothing to do with the score in the game. That is a fallacy. Again, is a baseball player is caught corking their bats or a pitcher is caught doctoring their ball, the discussion is NOT ABOUT the score.

It is sad that people think the Pats ought to be able to do whatever they want just because it is a minor offense. It is pathetic really.

Now, please spare us with the weather thing. You are going to have to come up with something better than that. I mean holy shit.

So, we are apparently in agreement then? The Colts have magic balls where the laws of physics ceased to effect them?

BTW, none of you seem to know or care (which is the telling part really) that the original complaint was from the first game in Indy in the dome. Where the equipment manager had two balls (yes pun intended) of Brady's and he noticed they were significantly deflated.

Ok? That was in November, in Indy under the dome where the weather was not a factor.

Then to stick with the notion that the Pats rubbed the balls so much that they became deflated and that was the reason their balls were deflated and the Colts were not deflated in the cold weather is absurd. You all know it and we all know it.

Again, this has nothing to do with the score in the game. That is a fallacy. Again, is a baseball player is caught corking their bats or a pitcher is caught doctoring their ball, the discussion is NOT ABOUT the score.

It is sad that people think the Pats ought to be able to do whatever they want just because it is a minor offense. It is pathetic really.

Now, please spare us with the weather thing. You are going to have to come up with something better than that. I mean holy shit.

I love how you Patriots haters come up with these stories that have no basis in reality...stories that are subsequently denied by the people that supposedly originated them. Case in point? Those who said this investigation was prompted by the Colts DB who intercepted Tom Brady complaining to the officials that he thought the ball was under-inflated. Great story except for one thing...the Colts DB says he never did any such thing!

So now you're claiming that the Colts complained to the league back in November that they thought the Patriot's balls were under-inflated. Here's the problem with that whole scenario. It doesn't make sense. You're claiming that the Colts suspected the Patriots of playing with illegal balls in a regular season game but didn't demand that the officials check the Patriot's footballs until halftime in the playoff game that determines who goes to the Super Bowl? A game that they were already heavy underdogs in? A game that they would need every thing they could possibly get to go their way in order to win? In order for THAT scenario to be plausible you would have to accept that the Colt's coaching staff were absolute idiots who somehow forgot to bring up their suspicions about ball inflation and let the Patriots play for half a game with balls that supposedly gave them an advantage. Does any rational person who understands the hundreds of hours that NFL coaching staffs put into game preparation for the playoffs REALLY think that's the way it went down? Seriously? If you do...then all I can say is that you're some of the most naive people ever to walk the planet!

Last edited:

You don't know that the Patriots were caught red handed because you don't know the facts involved, Huggy. You've assumed them...oh, boy have you assumed them...and we all know what happens when you assume things. So stop declaring what you KNOW...when you in fact know very little!

I'll give advice as much as it pleases me. You can stop taking it any time you want.

You internet Bozos that try to tell people what they can or can't do crack me up.

IMO you take yourself and what you put on message boards a bit too seriously. How do you know I didn't just make it up about the Ex? It's the internets Einstein. All entertainment all the time. And if it starts getting too much to deal with push that off button. It won't kill ya to take a break from all this nonsense.

Ah, Huggy? I'm not the one who's telling people how to get along with their spouses when said spouse was out sleeping with other people...that would be you! Just saying...

If you want to look like an internet buffoon...just keep on doing what you're doing!

I love how you Patriots haters come up with these stories that have no basis in reality...stories that are subsequently denied by the people that supposedly originated them. Case in point? Those who said this investigation was prompted by the Colts DB who intercepted Tom Brady complaining to the officials that he thought the ball was under-inflated. Great story except for one thing...the Colts DB says he never did any such thing!

So now you're claiming that the Colts complained to the league back in November that they thought the Patriot's balls were under-inflated. Here's the problem with that whole scenario. It doesn't make sense. You're claiming that the Colts suspected the Patriots playing with illegal balls in a regular season game but didn't demand that the officials check the Patriot's footballs until halftime in the playoff game that determines who goes to the Super Bowl? A game that they were already heavy underdogs in? A game that they would need every thing they could possibly get to go their way in order to win? In order for THAT scenario to be plausible you would have to accept that the Colt's coaching staff were absolute idiots who somehow forgot to bring up their suspicions about ball inflation and let the Patriots play for half a game with balls that supposedly gave them an advantage. Does any rational person who understands the hundreds of hours that NFL coaching staffs put into game preparation for the playoffs REALLY think that's the way it went down? Seriously? If you do...then all I can say is that you're some of the most naive people ever to walk the planet!

I never said the db complained about it. I said the equipment manager in the first game they played in the dome noticed they were significantly under inflated and made the officials aware. No weather. Nothing like that at all.

The balls were deflated, they were done so deliberately. It has nothing to do with the score of the game or the hatred of the patriots. They deliberately altered the balls and that is not permitted.

You can blame the weather, claim we hate the patriots and that is the only reason why those of us who stand for principle make a deal out of it, or you can sit there and believe the pats bullshit story. Either way, they did what they did and we ALL know what they did. They deliberately broke the rules. Period.

There is no discussion. I am surprised by conservative thinkers that they would take on a double sided disposition like a left wing hypocrite.

Bowie, the fact that hangover and Rightwinger take on your view and agree with you should make you rethink your position. Those pieces of shit are on the wrong side on EVERYTHING?

Last edited:
Funny how every b

So now you're claiming that the Colts complained to the league back in November that they thought the Patriot's balls were under-inflated. Here's the problem with that whole scenario. It doesn't make sense. You're claiming that the Colts suspected the Patriots playing with illegal balls in a regular season game but didn't demand that the officials check the Patriot's footballs until halftime in the playoff game that determines who goes to the Super Bowl? A game that they were already heavy underdogs in? A game that they would need every thing they could possibly get to go their way in order to win? In order for THAT scenario to be plausible you would have to accept that the Colt's coaching staff were absolute idiots who somehow forgot to bring up their suspicions about ball inflation and let the Patriots play for half a game with balls that supposedly gave them an advantage. Does any rational person who understands the hundreds of hours that NFL coaching staffs put into game preparation for the playoffs REALLY think that's the way it went down? Seriously? If you do...then all I can say is that you're some of the most naive people ever to walk the planet!

I never said the db complained about it. I said the equipment manager in the first game they played in the dome noticed they were significantly under inflated and made the officials aware. No weather. Nothing like that at all.

The balls were deflated, they were done so deliberately. It has nothing to do with the score of the game or the hatred of the patriots. They deliberately altered the balls and that is not permitted.

You can blame the weather, claim we hate the patriots and that is the only reason why those of us who stand for principle make a deal out of it, or you can sit there and believe the pats bullshit story. Either way, they did what they did and we ALL know what they did. They deliberately broke the rules. Period.

There is no discussion. I am surprised by conservative thinkers that they would take on a double sided disposition like a left wing hypocrite.

Bowie, the fact that hangover and Rightwinger take on your view and agree with you should make you rethink your position. Those pieces of shit are on the wrong side on EVERYTHING?

What's laughable is that you actually seem to think that you DO know exactly what they did! You don't. What you know is a collection of rumors and suppositions derived from unnamed sources. And please stop with the holier than thou declarations that YOU stand for principle! You don't. If you did you'd understand the "principle" of not assuming guilt when you don't know jack shit about the facts! That isn't principled behavior...it's unprincipled behavior! Lynch mobs operate on the same kind of principled behavior as you're displaying here.

Funny how every b

What's laughable is that you actually seem to think that you DO know exactly what they did! You don't. What you know is a collection of rumors and suppositions derived from unnamed sources. And please stop with the holier than thou declarations that YOU stand for principle! You don't. If you did you'd understand the "principle" of not assuming guilt when you don't know jack shit about the facts! That isn't principled behavior...it's unprincipled behavior! Lynch mobs operate on the same kind of principled behavior as you're displaying here.

I do know exactly what they did. The only ones that do not, are pats fans. Common sense, is all one needs

Let me ask you a very simple question. Don't you find it strange that nobody has informed the public what the pressures were of the game balls that were allegedly measured prior to the game? Why haven't we been told what pressure the Patriot's game balls were when the referee measured them? Why haven't we been told what pressure the Colt's game balls were? Unlike so many of you...I don't take it as "fact" that a through measurement was done on those balls prior to the game. I know that someone was supposed to do so. I know that he maintains that he did. I don't know however, whether that really took place. I'd have to accept the referee's word on that. Was he supposed to measure them but did so simply by squeezing a few? I don't know. Neither do you.

Funny how every b

I do know exactly what they did. The only ones that do not, are pats fans. Common sense, is all one needs

So YOU know exactly what they did? I take it you work for the Patriots? Were there in the team offices prior to the game? Were there on the sidelines during the game? Where exactly have you obtained your knowledge of EXACTLY what happened?

Please don't embarrass yourself by stating that you know EXACTLY what happened from "unnamed sources"...

Yes they do care. They care very much. That's all they can talk about. The 12's this..the 12's that. They slobber all over the 12's every chance they get. .It's embarrassing really.

You are delusional, if you died tomorrow, they wouldn't know, no tribute, no arm band, no feelings either way about you. The care about winning and making money, nothing more than that. The 12 BS is to get nut jobs to buy product, it's a gimmick.

Good point, no women would probably touch you, that's why you fantasize about you and Wilson getting it on.

Every minute Brady, Belichick and the Patriots have to spend on this investigation and answering all the questions and preparing to answer all the questions is time they won't have to prepare for playing the Seahawks.

Preparation is paramount in a game of this magnitude.

If for no other reason the Hawks have a huge advantage in the time available to prepare for playing the actual game.

If this media "Inflate-Gate" blitz keeps going through next week I would say that Seattle will be at least TWICE as prepared as New England just because of the media interference.
yeah I don't see how it can do anything but hurt the cheatriots.

This is the dumbest issue to come out. The Colt's sucked last Sunday, the football had nothing to do with it.

Why is this an issue?
actually its not because ESPN reported the ravens alerted the colts to the problem noticing it as well noticing it late in the game.while it wasn't a factor in the colts game,its absurd to think it wasn't in the ravens game,a very close game.

Please don't embarrass yourself by stating that you know EXACTLY what happened from "unnamed sources"...

The balls were deflated, they violated the rules.

Black and white.

That, is exactly what happened.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

good point.thats the beli-cheat apologists for you,they cant deal with pesky facts.another fact they will ignore as well is what I just got done mentioning is that the ravens informed the colts as well in the days prior to the game that they noticed late in the game,their balls were underinflated.so lets see,the colts noticed it in novemeber,the ravens noticed it as well? mere coincidence? sure it is and I'm the president of the united states as well.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back