Deflate-gate? Report: Patriots being investigated for using deflated footballs

It's NOT noticeable amount. I already posted a link somewhere in this thread where it says it is equal to the amount of the weight of a piece of paper.

It's not the weight that matters, it is the difference in catching it. You can't throw it as far however you can catch it easier, their is a difference. Go out fill a football under fill, over fill, fill it the correct amount. There is a difference, so noticeable that Brady likes his under inflated. If it didn't matter, he would have no preference.

Brady says he likes them at low end of regulation guidelines. He never said he likes them deflated under regulation guidelines.

What Brady says to reporters and what in fact were the balls measured at is the problem that won't go away.

If the NFL and the media had bar that was "Well? what did Tom Brady say?" then there would be no controversy.

Tom Should have just said.. "Whoops! Our Bad! We screwed up." then there would have been a fine and it would all go away.

But they can't do the intelligent thing.

Hell! It doesn't matter how the balls got out of regs. It was the Patriots responsibility to maintain them within the rules.

Nobody is charging Brady with first degree murder. Just friggin man up Tommy and admit that SOMEBODY on your team screwed up. If they keep this hard line about it ..well then they will be punished all the more.

AND they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Why on earth should he? I'm still going with the idea that the Pats had a great game, had a lot of "spiking the balls" in the end zone type of celebrations. It's not only Gronk who does that, after all. OTOH, the Colts were not doing those things because of the fact that they were losing badly from the very beginning of the game. So, between touch down and first down celebrations, etc., there was a lot of man handling the balls by big strong men - Lol - sorry for the innuendo. On top of that, there was a pretty rapid drop in temperatures. It is not out of the realm of possibility that those two factors combined could have contributed to some loss in PSI.
I think your brain is inflated as well as your libido for Brady

:thup:welcome to the world of little chrissy.

So, we are apparently in agreement then? The Colts have magic balls where the laws of physics ceased to effect them?

BTW, none of you seem to know or care (which is the telling part really) that the original complaint was from the first game in Indy in the dome. Where the equipment manager had two balls (yes pun intended) of Brady's and he noticed they were significantly deflated.

Ok? That was in November, in Indy under the dome where the weather was not a factor.

Then to stick with the notion that the Pats rubbed the balls so much that they became deflated and that was the reason their balls were deflated and the Colts were not deflated in the cold weather is absurd. You all know it and we all know it.

Again, this has nothing to do with the score in the game. That is a fallacy. Again, is a baseball player is caught corking their bats or a pitcher is caught doctoring their ball, the discussion is NOT ABOUT the score.

It is sad that people think the Pats ought to be able to do whatever they want just because it is a minor offense. It is pathetic really.

Now, please spare us with the weather thing. You are going to have to come up with something better than that. I mean holy shit.

I love how you Patriots haters come up with these stories that have no basis in reality...stories that are subsequently denied by the people that supposedly originated them. Case in point? Those who said this investigation was prompted by the Colts DB who intercepted Tom Brady complaining to the officials that he thought the ball was under-inflated. Great story except for one thing...the Colts DB says he never did any such thing!

So now you're claiming that the Colts complained to the league back in November that they thought the Patriot's balls were under-inflated. Here's the problem with that whole scenario. It doesn't make sense. You're claiming that the Colts suspected the Patriots playing with illegal balls in a regular season game but didn't demand that the officials check the Patriot's footballs until halftime in the playoff game that determines who goes to the Super Bowl? A game that they were already heavy underdogs in? A game that they would need every thing they could possibly get to go their way in order to win? In order for THAT scenario to be plausible you would have to accept that the Colt's coaching staff were absolute idiots who somehow forgot to bring up their suspicions about ball inflation and let the Patriots play for half a game with balls that supposedly gave them an advantage. Does any rational person who understands the hundreds of hours that NFL coaching staffs put into game preparation for the playoffs REALLY think that's the way it went down? Seriously? If you do...then all I can say is that you're some of the most naive people ever to walk the planet!

I never said the db complained about it. I said the equipment manager in the first game they played in the dome noticed they were significantly under inflated and made the officials aware. No weather. Nothing like that at all.

The balls were deflated, they were done so deliberately. It has nothing to do with the score of the game or the hatred of the patriots. They deliberately altered the balls and that is not permitted.

You can blame the weather, claim we hate the patriots and that is the only reason why those of us who stand for principle make a deal out of it, or you can sit there and believe the pats bullshit story. Either way, they did what they did and we ALL know what they did. They deliberately broke the rules. Period.

There is no discussion. I am surprised by conservative thinkers that they would take on a double sided disposition like a left wing hypocrite.

Bowie, the fact that hangover and Rightwinger take on your view and agree with you should make you rethink your position. Those pieces of shit are on the wrong side on EVERYTHING?

exactly.well said.at least the part on rightwinger.:banana::beer::clap2::thup:

I've never noticed with Hangover him being on the wrong side of anything but ever since I been here,i have seen over a hundred people call out rightwinger on his outright lies he makes up over the years when he know he is cornered and proven wrong,how he always evades facts all the time and then LIES to try and cover himself.

rightwinger for instance,I pointed out on my rams thread FACTS how the raiders will never come back to LA again because the owners and the city don't want them there and all he did was troll the thread with a pic saying LA RAIDERS 2016.never mind the fact they have a billionaire investor with a deal nearly signed for a new stadium to keep them in Oakland.:rolleyes-41:

rightwinger as you said so well,is indeed a piece of shit.the fact that he is taking on his view as well as chrissy's,he should seriously reconsider his view.:rolleyes-41: anytime either of those two-rightwinger and chrissy take on their same view,someone sould seriously reconsider it.

they do know exactly what they did. The only ones that do not, are pats fans. Common sense, is all one needs
:thup::up::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::udaman:

Last edited:
This is the dumbest issue to come out. The Colt's sucked last Sunday, the football had nothing to do with it.

Why is this an issue?
actually its not because ESPN reported the ravens alerted the colts to the problem noticing it as well noticing it late in the game.while it wasn't a factor in the colts game,its absurd to think it wasn't in the ravens game,a very close game.

Except that supposedly the Ravens were suspicious about the kicking balls, which stay in the NFL's possession for the entire game.

This is the dumbest issue to come out. The Colt's sucked last Sunday, the football had nothing to do with it.

Why is this an issue?
actually its not because ESPN reported the ravens alerted the colts to the problem noticing it as well noticing it late in the game.while it wasn't a factor in the colts game,its absurd to think it wasn't in the ravens game,a very close game.

Except that supposedly the Ravens were suspicious about the kicking balls, which stay in the NFL's possession for the entire game.

Don't confuse 911 nut job, he confuses easily enough as it is.

So, we are apparently in agreement then? The Colts have magic balls where the laws of physics ceased to effect them?

BTW, none of you seem to know or care (which is the telling part really) that the original complaint was from the first game in Indy in the dome. Where the equipment manager had two balls (yes pun intended) of Brady's and he noticed they were significantly deflated.

Ok? That was in November, in Indy under the dome where the weather was not a factor.

Then to stick with the notion that the Pats rubbed the balls so much that they became deflated and that was the reason their balls were deflated and the Colts were not deflated in the cold weather is absurd. You all know it and we all know it.

Again, this has nothing to do with the score in the game. That is a fallacy. Again, is a baseball player is caught corking their bats or a pitcher is caught doctoring their ball, the discussion is NOT ABOUT the score.

It is sad that people think the Pats ought to be able to do whatever they want just because it is a minor offense. It is pathetic really.

Now, please spare us with the weather thing. You are going to have to come up with something better than that. I mean holy shit.

good point.thats the beli-cheat apologists for you,they cant deal with pesky facts.another fact they will ignore as well is what I just got done mentioning is that the ravens informed the colts as well in the days prior to the game that they noticed late in the game,their balls were underinflated.so lets see,the colts noticed it in novemeber,the ravens noticed it as well? mere coincidence? sure it is and I'm the president of the united states as well.:biggrin:

I would actually be more inclined to believe that you were President of the United States...than a coaching staff involved in a football playoff game to decide who gets to go to the Super Bowl somehow neglected to challenge the balls that the Patriots were using in that game even though they suspected they were illegal.

All you've done is add yet ANOTHER unsubstantiated story to the ones that other people, who have no way of knowing one way or the other, have come up with before.

So we've got ALL these team noticing that the Patriot's game balls are underinflated...yet nobody demanded that they be checked? Is that REALLY the story that you're believing? That the Colts simply let the Patriots play with balls they knew were illegal for an entire half of the most important game of the year for them? You buy that? Really?

This in a business where grown men spend countless hours trying to find some new wrinkle that will give them the smallest advantage over their opponents! Yet even though they KNEW the balls the Patriots were using were illegal...THEY SOMEHOW FORGOT TO CHALLENGE THEM?????

Just how naive are you?

Why is this an issue?

that's what I was saying earlier but detailed it more talking about how ESPN reported the ravens alerted the colts to them deflating the balls which the colts noticed earlier in the year as well when they played them earlier in the season.overwhelming proof the cheatriots are back to their cheating ways again.:biggrin:

it had no impact on the colts game but to say it didn't in the ravens game is just asinine.

good point.thats the beli-cheat apologists for you,they cant deal with pesky facts.another fact they will ignore as well is what I just got done mentioning is that the ravens informed the colts as well in the days prior to the game that they noticed late in the game,their balls were underinflated.so lets see,the colts noticed it in novemeber,the ravens noticed it as well? mere coincidence? sure it is and I'm the president of the united states as well.:biggrin:

I would actually be more inclined to believe that you were President of the United States...than a coaching staff involved in a football playoff game to decide who gets to go to the Super Bowl somehow neglected to challenge the balls that the Patriots were using in that game even though they suspected they were illegal.

All you've done is add yet ANOTHER unsubstantiated story to the ones that other people, who have no way of knowing one way or the other, have come up with before.

So we've got ALL these team noticing that the Patriot's game balls are underinflated...yet nobody demanded that they be checked? Is that REALLY the story that you're believing? That the Colts simply let the Patriots play with balls they knew were illegal for an entire half of the most important game of the year for them? You buy that? Really?

I cannot tell, are you now shifting the debate and now claiming the balls were not deflated?

Wait wait wait....they were deflated but only due to the weather. (Even though of course none of the colts balls were deflated and the first time they were noticed was in a dome)

Wait wait wait....you are saying they were not actually deflated. (Even though they in fact were deflated and Bill claims ignorance much like Sean Peyton who was suspended for a year....and he is not a patriots coach.)

Wait wait wait.....you are saying altering the equipment is no big deal. (Even though it is in most sports like a baseball players corking a bat or a pitcher putting Vaseline on a ball)

Wait wait wait, the Patriots ought to be allowed to do what ever the fuck they want, cause the patriots are so good that they have not won a Super Bowl in 10 years.

I have no idea what pats fans are saying other than they feel they are being all picked on, they feel the pats simply should be allowed to alter the balls since it is minor, and well......they are just sooooooo good that we are just so jealous......and well they did not do anything.

Yes that last statement is confusing and yet I stated the thinking of the typical pats fan in regards to this issue.

Last edited:

Why is this an issue?

You think the media attention is because the Colts lost?

It is an issue because the footballs were altered. The fact that eleven were out of regulation and one ball was IN regulation is proof that an important rule had been violated.

The rule is there for a reason. The reason is so both teams are playing with the same equipment. It's called a level playing field. Most people would argue that it is a fair rule. Otherwise it would not be a rule would it.

The discovery of the Patriot cheating just happened to co-inside with the Colts game.

Do you think the Patriots can break the rules without repercussion?

BlahBlahBlah...

Did the refs not touch the balls?

You need to worry if your Seahawks can pull off another miracle...

There is no issue, period end of story...

Why is this an issue?

It is an issue because the footballs were altered. The fact that eleven were out of regulation and one ball was IN regulation is proof that an important rule had been violated.

The rule is there for a reason. The reason is so both teams are playing with the same equipment. It's called a level playing field. Most people would argue that it is a fair rule. Otherwise it would not be a rule would it.

The discovery of the Patriot cheating just happened to co-inside with the Colts game.

BlahBlahBlah...

period,end of story is that you are in denial that belicheat is a cheater and liar and has now taught brady to do the same.:lmao:

The balls were deflated, they were done so deliberately. It has nothing to do with the score of the game or the hatred of the patriots. They deliberately altered the balls and that is not permitted.

Well, placing them in the cold air was deliberate, so I guess they were deflated deliberately in that sense. Still it did not break the rules.

You can blame the weather, claim we hate the patriots and that is the only reason why those of us who stand for principle make a deal out of it, or you can sit there and believe the pats bullshit story. Either way, they did what they did and we ALL know what they did. They deliberately broke the rules. Period.

The presumption of guilt is not becoming. It sounds more like jealousy than a protest.

There is no discussion. I am surprised by conservative thinkers that they would take on a double sided disposition like a left wing hypocrite.

Now football teams fall into the ideological scope of issues as well?

I think I am going to retire to Honduras.

Bowie, the fact that hangover and Rightwinger take on your view and agree with you should make you rethink your position. Those pieces of shit are on the wrong side on EVERYTHING?

A broken clock is right twice a day, but is still fucking broken.

Seriously, we let politics divide us too much in this country. The left in this country starting with Obama and everything to the right of him is very conservative on the global stage.

The most conservative head of state on the globe right now is Cameron of the UK. Obama is more conservative than that screwball.

I cannot tell, are you now shifting the debate and now claiming the balls were not deflated?

Wait wait wait....they were deflated but only due to the weather. (Even though of course none of the colts balls were deflated and the first time they were noticed was in a dome)

Wait wait wait....you are saying they were not actually deflated. (Even though they in fact were deflated and Bill claims ignorance much like Sean Peyton who was suspended for a year....and he is not a patriots coach.)

Wait wait wait.....you are saying altering the equipment is no big deal. (Even though it is in most sports like a baseball players corking a bat or a pitcher putting Vaseline on a ball)

Wait wait wait, the Patriots ought to be allowed to do what ever the fuck they want, cause the patriots are so good that they have not won a Super Bowl in 10 years.

I have no idea what pats fans are saying other than they feel they are being all picked on, they feel the pats simply should be allowed to alter the balls since it is minor, and well......they are just sooooooo good that we are just so jealous......and well they did not do anything.

Yes that last statement is confusing and yet I stated the thinking of the typical pats fan in regards to this issue.

I never said that the balls were not deflated by the Patriots. It's a commonly accepted fact at this point that Tom Brady wants the balls as under-inflated as possible. It only stands to reason that the balls the Patriots would have given to officials for use in the game would have been right at the limit.

It is also an accepted fact that cold does affect ball pressure...lowering it.

So put those two facts together. You've got balls that were right at the limit...or even slightly below it depending on how thorough the referee doing the inspection was...and you've got temperatures outside that are lower than the room where the balls were inspected.

What would a logical person expect to have taken place?

I love how you Patriots haters come up with these stories that have no basis in reality...stories that are subsequently denied by the people that supposedly originated them. Case in point? Those who said this investigation was prompted by the Colts DB who intercepted Tom Brady complaining to the officials that he thought the ball was under-inflated. Great story except for one thing...the Colts DB says he never did any such thing!

So now you're claiming that the Colts complained to the league back in November that they thought the Patriot's balls were under-inflated. Here's the problem with that whole scenario. It doesn't make sense. You're claiming that the Colts suspected the Patriots of playing with illegal balls in a regular season game but didn't demand that the officials check the Patriot's footballs until halftime in the playoff game that determines who goes to the Super Bowl? A game that they were already heavy underdogs in? A game that they would need every thing they could possibly get to go their way in order to win? In order for THAT scenario to be plausible you would have to accept that the Colt's coaching staff were absolute idiots who somehow forgot to bring up their suspicions about ball inflation and let the Patriots play for half a game with balls that supposedly gave them an advantage. Does any rational person who understands the hundreds of hours that NFL coaching staffs put into game preparation for the playoffs REALLY think that's the way it went down? Seriously? If you do...then all I can say is that you're some of the most naive people ever to walk the planet!

I love how you resolve all of this interest in the rules being broken as "Patriot Haters".. :lol:

I don't follow the Pats. The Seahawks rarely play the Pats. Last time was three years ago. Seahawks won.

Hate the Patriots? I didn't even think about the Patriots until we beat the Packers.

Look! The Patriots were caught red handed. Saying they were not responsible is stupid. Of COURSE they were responsible. Even if a gofer crawled up in the ball bag and nibbled on 11 balls and they leaked enough air to be out of regs...THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE! Stop being so juvenile. The point is to diffuse the media's interest. ...not to prove you are right a week before the Super Bowl Game.

You don't know that the Patriots were caught red handed because you don't know the facts involved, Huggy. You've assumed them...oh, boy have you assumed them...and we all know what happens when you assume things. So stop declaring what you KNOW...when you in fact know very little!

And stop giving advice on women when you obviously aren't qualified!

I'll give advice as much as it pleases me. You can stop taking it any time you want.

You internet Bozos that try to tell people what they can or can't do crack me up.

IMO you take yourself and what you put on message boards a bit too seriously. How do you know I didn't just make it up about the Ex? It's the internets Einstein. All entertainment all the time. And if it starts getting too much to deal with push that off button. It won't kill ya to take a break from all this nonsense.

Ah, Huggy? I'm not the one who's telling people how to get along with their spouses when said spouse was out sleeping with other people...that would be you! Just saying...

If you want to look like an internet buffoon...just keep on doing what you're doing!

You take this medium too seriously. I'm not telling anyone how to get along you goof. I'm SUGGESTING that Tom and Bill could diffuse the Inflate-Gate hub bub in how they handle the questions. They have handled it terribly. They are eventually going to be held responsible no matter who actually changed the air pressure in the balls so denying responsibility now is silly and just promotes more questions. That's all.

It doesn't matter what really happened. What matters is getting the media off the blood trail.

Haven't you ever been married and got caught in some kind of a jam that was no way your fault but the little woman just won't let it go? And YOU being the smarter part of the partnership just smiles and says.."you are absolutely right dear".

So your wife accuses you of sleeping with her best friend...which you didn't do...but because she won't "let it go"...you smile at her and say "you are absolutely right dear"?

Tell me how that works out for ya', Huggy!

Dunno! I'm not married any more. :lol: And it's not because of her best friend. I got rid of her because SHE was sleeping around.

I could see why, you spend all day obsessed with a football team that doesn't know you are alive and doesn't care.

Yes they do care. They care very much. That's all they can talk about. The 12's this..the 12's that. They slobber all over the 12's every chance they get. .It's embarrassing really.

You are delusional, if you died tomorrow, they wouldn't know, no tribute, no arm band, no feelings either way about you. The care about winning and making money, nothing more than that. The 12 BS is to get nut jobs to buy product, it's a gimmick.

I don't have a clue what you are talking about. When people die they don't think about anything. They don't care who morns.

As for missing me I know several people that value me being here and will miss what I offer. But there are no vacuums so all needs will be met with or without me.

As for the Hawks... I enjoy their success and see it as a reward for having the patience to hang on for so many years.

Why is this an issue?

BlahBlahBlah...

period,end of story is that you are in denial that belicheat is a cheater and liar and has now taught brady to do the same.:lmao:

So what was the advantage?

This should be good...

If the Pats hadn't scored more points with properly inflated balls in the second half, there might be a cheating issue. But if cheating is cheating, all players that get flagged for holding, clipping, or interference should be banned from the game. Consistency please.

Dude stop it. There is a difference between a penalty in a game (that the NFL has determined punishments for) and manipulating equipment to enhance performance. Corked bats = suspensions. Doctored baseballs = suspensions. PEDs = suspensions. Car not up to specs in NASCAR = suspensions. Wearing gold cleats = apparently suspensions. Doctoring footballs by the Patriots = "oh we'll have a look into it...hey look at that pretty butterfly over there"
So something that doesn't effect the outcome of the game is cheating, but something that DOES effect the outcome of a game ISN'T cheating. You must be the ref that picked up the flag in the Detroit/Dallas game.

How in the hell they did that shows how rigged is the NFL. Not only was it a proper call the penalty was announced. Then there is no explanation as to why it was picked up. It was a incredible bit of BS. Whose yet it lead to shamo Christie hugging 1 percenter Jones on TV.

Here's a really interesting article worth a read. I've quoted my favorite part below.

NFL Kickers Talk about Playing with Their Balls VICE Sports

Referees certainly didn't care about it. The kickers were more likely to be scolded by their teammates. "Quarterbacks use the same balls," Husted says, and there's a risk that "they can't grip it and they're getting all pissed at you." Occasionally, when he was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Husted says, Trent Dilfer would let him know he needed to lay off. Hollis says he would always run the balls by Jaguars quarterback Mark Brunell.

Forum List

Back