Delaware Democrat Governor John Carney Vetoes Marijuana Legalization Bill...But this bill has the votes necessary support to override

Delaware Gov. John Carney says he will veto the marijuana legalization bill, which is a MAJOR break from his party.

It was not passed by a super majority. The Speaker Of The House, Pete Schwartzkopf was one of the Democrats that voted against it. The article said there had not been a veto fight in that state since 1990 and had not been a successful override since 1977. I would be all for it, but I do not see it happening this year. Looks like the smokers will either keep buying on the underground market or going the Jersey or Virginia for legal pot, though medicinal marijuana already available there. If I lived there, I'd be getting migraine headaches, post surgical knee pain and the need to lower interocular pressure to help correct my vision, even though I never, ever get headaches, much less, migraines unless I have a fever rising or breaking. I had a world-class orthopedic surgeon who rebuilt the knee out of my own spare parts and after long rehab, never have pain in it, and I am pretty sure lowering the interocular pressure to effect the shape the eye is only successful between early teen to early 20s, the end of the formative years. This is America. You can get a prescription for darn near anything if you know where to go.

Can't really say anything bad about Carney. He is governor and made a call based on his values and what he thought is best for the state, no matter how many pots smokers and potential pot business people wanted. In this day and time, hold to your values instead of being a tool of the populace has to be seen as a good thing.

NJ has legal marijuana

2/3 of Delawares population is within a 30 minute drive of NJ

Delawares loss is NJs gain
RW, you Know darn well most of the Pot in that state is bought on the underground market, just like when we were kids.

The country is in a hell of a mess but typically mostly lefties worry about smoking dope.

Delaware Gov. John Carney says he will veto the marijuana legalization bill, which is a MAJOR break from his party.

I remain confused as to why marijuana is still illegal. It never belonged anywhere near schedule 2.

My guess is this veto was a lobbying promise. Big alcohol gave him money to veto.

If pot becomes legal, you can grow it in the backyard. Alcohol is a lot more complicated, but it's also taxable. Pot...not.

Forum List

Back